Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CAPNATION

Nearing my first T10.

9 comments in this topic

Members
19 posts
918 battles

As the topic states.. I am nearing my first T10 ship, the Moskva. I am about 50kxp away. I have only been playing the game about a month. 

What should my next course be? Get the legendary for the Moskva? Is that still available? While working toward my 19pt captain? — banking some credits along the way. 

it would be nice having a 2 19pt captains so when I grind another line that would be all set. 

or should I just begin / finish another line to T10?

Members
4,362 posts
11,269 battles

You can’t get the LMs anymore through missions if you haven’t unlocked the mission before 9.1, only through the research bureau once they get added there (supposed to be 9.3). 

If the soon to be 19 pointer is on a line/ship you enjoy playing, I’d definitely recommend you work on getting him up to 19. The more 19 point captains you have, the better. 

I’d definitely say to work on some more lines, both for flexibility for missions and to learn a different ship’s playstyle so you can counter it better. If you’re a newer player (and depending on what lines you’ve started), I’d recommend either a BB line (US and IJN are good starter BB lines and still strong, even if the US are slow until t8, or the Russian or German lines to have a brawling focused line instead of the long range style of the Russian cruisers) or a cruiser line (maybe the US lines as an entirely different gameplay style for closer range support or the IJN cruisers for an ambush style). 

[H_]
Members
748 posts
11,751 battles

Getting the permanent camo for the ship.  Make a big difference on cost to operate. 

Working toward the 19pt captain is a good thing.. and having more is always good but if i'm not mistaken you would need one for each nationality of ship lines..  Or did i misread or misunderstand what you were  trying to get across?

And only playing a Month and at T10 already.. good luck. 

You may want to consider working some other lines or classes of ships?  always fun if you have more choices. 

Members
667 posts
9,190 battles
1 hour ago, CAPNATION said:

As the topic states.. I am nearing my first T10 ship, the Moskva. I am about 50kxp away. I have only been playing the game about a month. 

What should my next course be? Get the legendary for the Moskva? Is that still available? While working toward my 19pt captain? — banking some credits along the way. 

it would be nice having a 2 19pt captains so when I grind another line that would be all set. 

You can do both at the same time, having variety in your port is a good thing and learning different ship types will boost your skill set.

Start a new line of BBs or DDs and play your favorite Russian cruisers as well. Moskva, Shchors, and Budyonny were the highlights of that line for me, your mileage may vary.

Legendary module is not available currently unless you had previously started the grind.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,077 battles

If you liked the VMF cruisers you may like the KM or IJN. Both kite. KM are tanky and IJN stealth and great alpha on their he. 

BB line VMF or USN

Dd line IJN torps, USN, KM, RN are all good limes 

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
2 hours ago, CAPNATION said:

Are you aware of the pending RU cruiser line split?  Kirov and Moskva become Premium/Special.  If you sold Kirov, buy her back.  A new heavy cruiser line is added at tiers 8-10.  Get back in your Shchors and get busy grinding for Tallin.  :cap_like:

Also, congrats on the new shiney.  :Smile_medal:

After the split, you can use Moskva and Kirov to help grind your captain to 19.

Edited by Captain_Slattery

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles

Stay the [edited] away form tier 10.  It’s full of players who don’t want to play, they just want to sit as far back as possible, not cap, not help, not do jack sheit. Waste of a tier honestly.

Edited by BarneyStyle
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,296 posts
10,873 battles

What Barney said.

@#!$ tier 10. Seriously....full of broken ships with science fiction weapons and CVs that can bleep 1/3 your health in one pass. 

I feel sorry for players that think the object of the game is to grind to tier 10. Most end up miserable after awhile.

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
3 hours ago, CAPNATION said:

I'm grinding for the Moskva but don't know if I can make it before the split. When it becomes a premium you will get a permacamo or should.

Opinions of T10 ships & game play is very subjective.

I hope you finish your grind soon and enjoy the Moskva.

Sign in to follow this