Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeaShadowAR

Scharnhorst: Propulsion or Steering Gears Modification?

9 comments in this topic

[ARA-I]
Members
103 posts
1,965 battles

I just got the Scharnhorst, and I'm in the process of outfitting her.

Basically, speed or maneuverability, considering she's a BB supposed to charge right into the fray?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,457 battles

Seems as though I have picked propulsion. I use it for Operation Narai though, so I kind of know where and when to expect torps.

• Cool 1

[GC]
Alpha Tester
821 posts
3,958 battles

Take Damage Control System Mod 1 and Mod 2 on all battleships. They don't take engine or steering gear criticals often enough to justify giving up the fire/flood mitigation, and should be preemptively maneuvering to avoid being an easy torpedo target rather than reactively trying to dodge incoming torps after spotting them.

--Helms

Members
9,159 posts
11,172 battles

Steering gears. You need to be able to turn faster, not get somewhere 5 seconds sooner. Propulsion mod is useless on virtually every single BB.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,133 posts
4,970 battles

Steering, but I prefer DCP. Prop doesn't help a whole lot, except maybe for French BBs if you have a habit of popping speed right at the start (since it lasts 4.5 mins)

[KWA]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,269 battles

I would say neither and go for damage control, but if you insist on those two, steering.

[ARA-I]
Members
103 posts
1,965 battles
3 minutes ago, OseanTanker said:

I would say neither and go for damage control, but if you insist on those two, steering.

Hmm. Does -15% to flooding recovery time and -15% to time of fire extinguishing really make that much of a diference versus being able to more easily evade torpedoes and shift your angles? :cap_hmm:

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
550 posts
3,630 battles

Steering. The rudder answering time is pokey enough as it is. You need every bit to help you against torps.

Edit: The icing on the cake is steering helps you angle armor faster, as others have said.

[BKR]
Beta Testers
12 posts

Better rudder shift...

if you wish avoid torp spamming when u are brawl.

But i do use it not brawl into stupid zone. sometimes enemies can badly dmg to ur ship.

Sign in to follow this