Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
K_Llina

YOSHINO New setting

14 comments in this topic

[EPC]
Members
13 posts
10,392 battles

Spoiler

1.jpg.4744468974179421dffc5b65b3d20163.jpg

2.8s     9.1 km         1000m/s

[SIDE]
Members
4,700 posts
5 minutes ago, K_Llina said:

Hide contents

1.jpg.4744468974179421dffc5b65b3d20163.jpg

2.8s     9.1 km         1000m/s

Ummm, what?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

you are asking whether the secondary gun has been changed recently?           부함포에 변경이 있엇는지 문이 하시는거에요?

Edited by centarina

[EPC]
Members
13 posts
10,392 battles
2 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

음?

Secondary Battery setting   (  troll )

[EPC]
Members
13 posts
10,392 battles
7 minutes ago, centarina said:

you are asking whether the secondary gun has been changed recently?           부함포에 변경이 있엇는지 문이 하시는거에요?

no

troll  setting

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,174 posts
9,430 battles

Yoshino is great with secondary build. Surprises the heck out of a lot of people. 

shot-20.01.03_17.41.51-0111.jpg

shot-20.03.20_19.56.19-0628.jpg

Alpha Tester
440 posts
10,765 battles

IFHE change wrecked Yoshino and Azuma, you need the pen for the 2nds to damage tier 8BBs, but you lose 14% firechance if you take it.

Probably why I've played zero games in the last two days, as you never know when something you like is going to get unceremoniously binned.

Of course, the fact that it could wreck Stalingrad and Kremlin decks while setting them on fire was probably the real reason for the IFHE change.

Can't have any loopholes to counter Stalinium, comrades.

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles

I don’t know about you guys, but I sit back at 20km and spam torpedos behind my team every time I play yoshino. Such a great strategy.

• Funny 1

[-TKS-]
Members
827 posts
14,579 battles
2 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I don’t know about you guys, but I sit back at 20km and spam torpedos behind my team every time I play yoshino. Such a great strategy.

well they wouldn't give you 20km torps if they didnt want them used that way . 

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,174 posts
9,430 battles
17 minutes ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

IFHE change wrecked Yoshino and Azuma, you need the pen for the 2nds to damage tier 8BBs, but you lose 14% firechance if you take it.

Probably why I've played zero games in the last two days, as you never know when something you like is going to get unceremoniously binned.

Of course, the fact that it could wreck Stalingrad and Kremlin decks while setting them on fire was probably the real reason for the IFHE change.

Can't have any loopholes to counter Stalinium, comrades.

That only applies if the secondaries are hitting the deck armor.. you can still pen any and all superstructures with the secondaries. Also, you have the same chance of starting a fire if the shell pens or doesn't pen and the whole point of secondaries when used vs BBs is basically setting fires. 

They are still highly effective vs DDs and cruisers... the only things you should be applying those secondaries to. BBs? You better be bow on to get close for a torp drop or you will be one shot the moment you show some cheek to let your secondaries fire. 

Yoshino could not pen Kremlin's deck armor with HE even before the change. Fire chance does not change if you don't pen it so you can still set kremlins on fire no problem if you dont take IFHE. However it is true that IFHE changes significantly benefit those soviet ships because now they can't take HE damage plus fire damage.. all other ships remain the same in that regard. 

Russian bias... forever present in every WG game. I guess you need to do what you can to make a moribund nation feel better about itself. 

Alpha Tester
440 posts
10,765 battles

Well, I am thinking most of your secondary shells head for center mass, which on a tier 8 BB is mostly 32mm, save Tirp, Roma and Lenin.

Its not going to go this way often, but I brawled a secondary fit Yamato in CB with Yoshi, and got the killing blow with the 2nds, I doubt that is repeatable after the changes, without that massive 14% loss of fire chance, which could be a decisive factor in your enemies favor in normal encounters.

Kremlin deck plating is 60mm, so couldn't 67mm that IFHE provides to the 310s make all the difference, or is my math/memory incorrect?

[SIDE]
Members
4,700 posts
1 hour ago, K_Llina said:

no

troll  setting

What is going on !?!? Are you asking and answering yourself or me? Who is the troll? What is the test? 

Why is the world would anybody consider a secondary build for Yoshino unless it's just for the marginal AA build? It's HUGE, fragile and unweildy. It's not a brawler.

It's very accurate, has good trajectories, can delete destroyers in a single salvo and has 20km torpedoes so why would you ever want to be closer than 12-18km from any target??

Glyphs, a secondary battery discussion on the least likely ship ever and something about brawling Yoshino against Kremlin?? This is an April Fool's post?

None of this makes any sense...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
440 posts
10,765 battles
23 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

What is going on !?!? Are you asking and answering yourself or me? Who is the troll? What is the test? 

Why is the world would anybody consider a secondary build for Yoshino unless it's just for the marginal AA build? It's HUGE, fragile and unweildy. It's not a brawler.

It's very accurate, has good trajectories, can delete destroyers in a single salvo and has 20km torpedoes so why would you ever want to be closer than 12-18km from any target??

Glyphs, a secondary battery discussion on the least likely ship ever and something about brawling Yoshino against Kremlin?? This is an April Fool's post?

None of this makes any sense...

Actually, Azuma can delete cruisers in a single salvo, but that is besides the point.

And nobody was brawling a Kremlin, we are discussing how the IFHE change hurts Yoshino and Azuma grievously, and 6.4km(Azuma) 9.1km(Yoshi) 2nds that pen 37mm and fire every 2.1 seconds are no joke.

[SIDE]
Members
4,700 posts
3 hours ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

Actually, Azuma can delete cruisers in a single salvo, but that is besides the point.

And nobody was brawling a Kremlin, we are discussing how the IFHE change hurts Yoshino and Azuma grievously, and 6.4km(Azuma) 9.1km(Yoshi) 2nds that pen 37mm and fire every 2.1 seconds are no joke.

Ok. Thank you for clearing it up. The secondaries may not be a joke but they aren't, IMHO, a real strength for a ship with Yoshino cahrateristics. Do what you want but you might consider survivability, concealment and perhaps either torp reload or rpf as more worthwhile skills than secondary speed and range for most situations that ship SHOULD be in. Again, just my opinion. Still not sure on the glyphs.

Edit: I'm low on caffeine. Just occured to me it's Japanese or whatever and the follow on is probably the English translation. I apologize for being a little slow this go around.

Edited by thebigblue

Sign in to follow this