You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

April fools opinions

51 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

So far i think it is by far the worst of the april fools events. Renting a ship? I'm not sure that's useful. Do we get to keep them and the rental is the fool?

anyways thanks for 2 days premium, but i would have prefered space battles or some other kind of fun. hopefully this isnt the result of covavirus locking everyone in st petersburg away and russian media not being allowed to broadcast that info.

shot-20.04.01_16.54.46-0975.jpg

shot-20.04.01_17.10.09-0462.jpg

shot-20.04.01_16.57.24-0480.jpg

image.png

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,340 posts
17,511 battles

At the moment I still do not really know what the event is.

• Cool 1

Members
4,147 posts
44,248 battles

April fool's, it's all fun and games. Nobody gets hurt by it.

The only really good April fool's prank I ever did was set the classroom clock 45 minutes ahead in 3rd grade because the substitute teacher didn't have a watch on. And the whole class went home early.

It was when I got back that I was sweating the consequences, because the whole class saw me do it and half of the students hated me for being such a smartpants.

So my fate was in the hands of 31 classmates.

When my teacher asked who did it, she even offered amnesty for the whole class, but will punish the whole class if no one said a word.

I saw Spartacus, so it was interesting what would happen next. I figured I was toast.

But..... No one said a word. Not even the one kid that wanted to hound me for calling him a troglodyte.

Instead, we all got punishment. Stayed 45 minutes after school. We all thought it would be worse, but my classmates looked at me the whole time and I looked to them defiant. "Go ahead. Spill it. I don't care" was what they thought.

Yet, I had my Spartacus moment at a very young age. And the shenanigans never stopped since only I am a wee bit more creative and clever about it.

As an adult I look back and to see 31 stand their ground for one made me feel great.

So this is a pleasant surprise from WG. Although I am working now, I hope to get in on some of the fun.

But maybe next year, give everyone a 50 inch gunned super battleship to rent, state it shoots really far, but in game it only shoots 4 km. Then WG will finally have close quarters combat in Randoms.

LOL

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,340 posts
17,511 battles

Yeah this year is so underwhelming, but they may have been challenged by the virus. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,243 posts
22,887 battles
16 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

All they had to do was bring back the Hot Tub.

This would've been perfect! Reruns like this are still fun. I don't plan to participate in this year's event. It just doesn't make sense nor seem "fun".

[SALVO]
Members
26,149 posts
29,223 battles
3 minutes ago, Khafni said:

This would've been perfect! Reruns like this are still fun. I don't plan to participate in this year's event. It just doesn't make sense nor seem "fun".

Reruns are only good if people think that the original event was good.  Some are, some aren't.

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,626 battles
25 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

All they had to do was bring back the Hot Tub.

I loved the Bathtub battles. 
This year is the first time with no April Fools event. Why couldn't just bring back the bathtub? Doesn't make sense. Very disappointing. 

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
47 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Reruns are only good if people think that the original event was good.  Some are, some aren't.

bathtub mode was by far the best april fools event. i line for the ram = goodies.

[SALVO]
Members
26,149 posts
29,223 battles
22 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

bathtub mode was by far the best april fools event. i line for the ram = goodies.

Personally, I rather dislike all of these silly modes.  Regardless, the statement of mine that you quoted seems on the money.  A rerun is only as good as the original event.  If you liked the bathtub botes event, you'll probably like a rerun or a sequel to it.  Ditto for space battles,  etc.

In WoT a few years back, they ran a Chaffee (light tank) racing event that was so popular that they created a sequel event a couple of years later.  They also had a light tanks playing soccer event that they repeated as well, because it was also popular.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Personally, I rather dislike all of these silly modes.  Regardless, the statement of mine that you quoted seems on the money.  A rerun is only as good as the original event.  If you liked the bathtub botes event, you'll probably like a rerun or a sequel to it.  Ditto for space battles,  etc.

In WoT a few years back, they ran a Chaffee (light tank) racing event that was so popular that they created a sequel event a couple of years later.  They also had a light tanks playing soccer event that they repeated as well, because it was also popular.

the beauty of said events is that one had to opt in to participate, thus anyone disliking the event never needed to deal with it. with todays events hope you dont like playing tier 10 because each time it's an rng roll to get a map like this:

image.thumb.png.0281a5623bbc1244915ae6b2cdc88606.png

[-V1-]
Beta Testers
303 posts
8,993 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Yeah this year is so underwhelming, but they may have been challenged by the virus. 

from what i know they work on this stuff months in advance so i doubt that's the case

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,340 posts
17,511 battles
4 minutes ago, Blitzkrieger said:

from what i know they work on this stuff months in advance so i doubt that's the case

That is partly true, but they are still tweaking and finalizing right up to the event. We are now months into this current challenge so... 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,953 battles
4 minutes ago, Blitzkrieger said:

So, does this mean Christmas is cancelled?

Maybe the actual April Fool's joke comes later :)

WG sells to China - Gotcha!

Edited by Commander_367

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
7 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

the beauty of said events is that one had to opt in to participate, thus anyone disliking the event never needed to deal with it. with todays events hope you dont like playing tier 10 because each time it's an rng roll to get a map like this:

Not seeing a problem with this map. Please explain to me why this is so bad.

[YORHA]
Members
5,287 posts
10,500 battles
10 minutes ago, paradat said:

That is partly true, but they are still tweaking and finalizing right up to the event. We are now months into this current challenge so... 

So bring back the classic...

f8bf8268-f5a7-11e5-9a57-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,340 posts
17,511 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

So bring back the classic...

f8bf8268-f5a7-11e5-9a57-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Totally agree!

[SALVO]
Members
26,149 posts
29,223 battles
16 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Loup, the problem I have with these events is that one doesn't have the option to opt out of WG wasting resources on creating them, when those resources could have been spent on normal, useful regular game things, such as new maps.  For example, just think of all the new maps that have been created for these events, and think about how nice it would have been to have that many more new maps added to the regular game.

[TDRB]
Members
5,165 posts
13,743 battles

So far i think it is by far the worst of the april fools events. Renting a ship? I'm not sure that's useful. Do we get to keep them and the rental is the fool?

anyways thanks for 2 days premium, but i would have prefered space battles or some other kind of fun.

IMO space battles is far worse. But that is a very subjective opinion. But as with space battles, I do not need to participate.

[BUOY]
Members
1,229 posts
16,297 battles

Worst April Fools was the 2017 non event... although TBF I would love that captain with his unique ranks back since 'Aquafarmer' would perfectly represent a commander of the Smolensk / Kutuzov / Nevsky. :Smile_trollface:

Glad to have Cap finally in game.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Loup, the problem I have with these events is that one doesn't have the option to opt out of WG wasting resources on creating them, when those resources could have been spent on normal, useful regular game things, such as new maps.  For example, just think of all the new maps that have been created for these events, and think about how nice it would have been to have that many more new maps added to the regular game.

things dont work linearly like that. believe me in 5 years they have come up with what? 20-25 maps. developing april fools events isnt going to improve map making development. fps adding ocean to every tier is a no brainer, i and others have raised it before and it's still not available and that doesnt require any resources to do. plus they use the events to test out different mechanics and such. it's just fun once a year to break up the monotony.