Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Bad Advice: Behind The Scenes Collection

27 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,792 posts
24,440 battles

Just finished up. If you don't know what it is you can go to this link. You need to opt in...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/all-hail-cap/#collection

Rewards are...

• Complete sub collection 1 of 4 = 24hrs premium time
  • Complete sub collection 2 of 4 = 24hrs premium time
  • Complete sub collection 3 of 4 = 1X New Year camo / 1X Frosty Fir camo / 1X Type 3 Halloween camo, and 1X Halloween camo 
  • Complete sub collection 4 of 4 = 4X Yellow Dragon flag (+333% Capt XP)
  • Complete collection = 10pt "Cap" Capt (BRN ships - has unique voice), "Cap" Emblem, Bad Advice Flag, Bad Advice: Behind The Scenes Achievement.

JyGVk2S.jpg

U0G1GR4.jpg

NA889EM.jpg

1BbvQ8K.jpg

mmquOfq.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

Members
1,587 posts
25,037 battles

So many words, yet NO END DATE/TIME on the timeframe to collect the boxes! Does it end tomorrow at 5am (Central)? Next Wednesday morning?

This company's communicative skills... <sheesh>

• Cool 1

[WOLFO]
Members
538 posts
4,171 battles

Nice, looks nice. Can't bring myself to grind it. My inner ocd collector is crying. Along with my desire to play toy boats all day.

Thanks for posting the deets!

[WOLF9]
Members
648 posts
18,812 battles

Just finished mine.  I also wasn't sure about the expiration date, so I made sure to get it done today.  Free 10 pt captain and a few other free goodies is always welcome.  Now back to the more serious grinds .........

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
3 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

So many words, yet NO END DATE/TIME on the timeframe to collect the boxes! Does it end tomorrow at 5am (Central)? Next Wednesday morning?

This company's communicative skills... <sheesh>

It should be open ended because you can select "collect" and get elements from daily containers.

[RVNHQ]
Members
245 posts

Co-op is an absolute madhouse today but I somehow managed to complete the collection.

Big shout out to the Venezia captain ( I can't recall his name ) who grabbed his kill and help the rest of the team get theirs.

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles

We had a novel situation this AM where we all worked on the theory that you get one kill and break off.........  We actually cooperated in several COOP matches and all of us there got our "one Kill" and had a good time......

Finished a while ago; and, I started with the first listed tier ten ship and played my ships down........finished at the Flint.  Nice rewards and did you watch the videos?   I think I got a flag for watching one????  I'll may be wrong????  Anyone catch that>?

UPDATE:  A symbol not a flag.

Edited by Asym_KS

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts

Once I realized you only get one "tick" no matter how many kills you get, I started farming damage on the healthiest ships after my first kill instead.

• Cool 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
805 posts
7,168 battles

I just got him too. Sims and T-61 were my go to ships. Took me 23 battles. Ended up going pink at one point when I sank a Mogador on our team :cap_wander_2:. I apologized to him in port and we had a nice chat, plus ones both directions.

Played a round with Bad Advice Captain in Gallant and had a chuckle when I heard him talk. Not sure where exactly to put him at the moment though since I'm only working on Icarus and Furious, and they both have captains.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,015 posts
14,281 battles
12 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

We actually cooperated in several COOP matches

Heresy! :Smile_veryhappy: 

Ban this apostate! :Smile_trollface:

So they gave him ten points, did they? Given that Cappy's major talent is screwing up and never learning from his errors, maybe they should have given him NO points and no means of GETTING them.

Now to decide where to put him, when I get him. Poor old Emerald has never had the benefit of a 10 point commander, and all my other bases in the British line are covered. 

[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles

I saw the strangest thing yesterday.  A guy grabbed two kill on a cap and a fellow green shot and killed him for kill stealing.

Not strange you say?  Happens every day.

It was a div mate and clan mate.  

I was going to report him, but the dead guy was having a good time with it.

[PVE]
Members
11,792 posts
24,440 battles
32 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I saw the strangest thing yesterday.  A guy grabbed two kill on a cap and a fellow green shot and killed him for kill stealing.

Not strange you say?  Happens every day.

It was a div mate and clan mate.  

I was going to report him, but the dead guy was having a good time with it.

I ignore div mates doing that childish stuff UNLESS they do it and it costs the game.

I had a Smolensk player start shooting at me yesterday in my Worcester right after I killed the Montana charging him (he missed with his torps). He eventually chatted at me that he was mad because I got all the kills (the 3 at the cap we were fighting at). I was like...

1bmu1d.jpg

[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I ignore div mates doing that childish stuff UNLESS they do it and it costs the game.

I had a Smolensk player start shooting at me yesterday in my Worcester right after I killed the Montana charging him (he missed with his torps). He eventually chatted at me that he was mad because I got all the kills (the 3 at the cap we were fighting at). I was like...

Yeah, there was a fair amount of sniveling yesterday about kill stealing.  I looked forward to the low human forced top tier matches.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
40 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yeah, there was a fair amount of sniveling yesterday about kill stealing.  I looked forward to the low human forced top tier matches.

There were battles in which players were clearly kill-poaching, deliberately holding fire until targets were worn down and then snagging the kills... had one match in which a pair of div mates were both doing that, and ate up 6 kills while both being in the bottom 3 of total XP. 

It combines galling selfishness with utter ignorance of how the mission works.  

[ARGSY]
Members
20,015 posts
14,281 battles

For most of last night, I just wanted damage to finish off that directive task. Kills were somewhat less important. I knew I would accumulate enough kills before April 8 to finish this out, but some people have got to have it NOW NOW NOW.

Of course if the collection goes on giving out pieces after April 8 (which it should; it's an enduring one with collect/don't options), all you need to have done past opting in is to sink just one enemy ship.

The one thing they might have done is to word the mission requirement as "Score at least one kill." That would have removed the misconception in some people's minds that kill-snaffling would finish it for them any quicker. Of course you would think that killing three ships and getting only one container for it might clue people in, but I guess some players in this game are really that dense.

That's compensated for in my mind by dropping the collection-piece exchange rate for this one to unity. There's no need to save the duplicates up any more; they're just as useful being spent at once!

[PVE]
Members
11,792 posts
24,440 battles
42 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For most of last night, I just wanted damage to finish off that directive task. Kills were somewhat less important. I knew I would accumulate enough kills before April 8 to finish this out, but some people have got to have it NOW NOW NOW.

There is nothing wrong with going after something and grinding it out as fast as you can. It ensures you don't fall short for one thing. How many time's have we seen people up in arms because they ran out of time to complete something. Sure, you don't have to do it right off the day it drops like I did but taking the path of I have plenty of time to do it can mean you don't actually do it because you in fact ran out of time.

There is also the frequent occurrence where there are multiple things going on and/or overlaps. So by getting item X done fast means you can then get Item Z done as well. For instance, right now we have the Part 1 EU DD event winding down and people are running out of time to finish it with Part 2 incoming next week. Then there is a collection to do with a worthy prize (10pt Capt) that may or may not be time gated. The LM/UU grinds have to be done by the end of 2020 as well (I have 10+ still to do). Etc...

So again nothing wrong with getting it done asap. It's not a must have NOW NOW NOW for everyone who finishes it early. For many of us it is ensuring we have time to finish it and the other stuff going on too.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts

Because there was no date listed on the mission in-game, and it was associated with April Fools which lasts a single day, I made the decision to complete all 23 steps last night.  

[ARGSY]
Members
20,015 posts
14,281 battles
45 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

There is nothing wrong with going after something and grinding it out as fast as you can.

No, there isn't, but it takes on a different dimension when - as our friend with the cognitive-hazard avatar said - there were people genuinely kill-stealing and denying others in the erroneous belief that the event would reward them for sheer number of kills. 

but taking the path of I have plenty of time to do it can mean you don't actually do it because you in fact ran out of time.

Time management is the key. Nevertheless, I'm looking at the mission for the Vasteras and feeling sort of grateful that I didn't also get the Skane.

How many time's have we seen people up in arms because they ran out of time to complete something

Plenty... but I know who to blame when it happens to me, and it isn't Wargaming.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

grind...???????   its ongoing and you need to sink 1 ship at tier 5 and above to get a crate, there are also codes, i got 8 crates today... i need i think to sink 3 more ships to complete the entire thing...  clarification:  you need to sink at least 1 ship per battle, 2 ships does not get 2 crates.   And duplicates are 1:1 exchange... so absolutely no more than 23 sunk ships in 23 battles to finish this...     if u get crates then subtract from 23...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

oh and i just got a collection item in my 2000xp crate for today...  

[CO-OP]
Members
1,481 posts
24,659 battles
20 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

There were battles in which players were clearly kill-poaching, deliberately holding fire until targets were worn down and then snagging the kills... had one match in which a pair of div mates were both doing that, and ate up 6 kills while both being in the bottom 3 of total XP. 

It combines galling selfishness with utter ignorance of how the mission works.  

Nothing better than seeing those numbnuts several places below you despite you having no kills and them having 3.  I had the lions share of 2 DDs and a cruiser in dmg  terms in a game yesterday. All three kills were sniped while on extremely low health by the same guy. No matter, his 3 kills earned him 5th place on the table behind 2 bots. These guys need to read up on the value of damage and class, and caps versus kills.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

I got Cap yesterday, and as a new player I am grateful to get a hold of a 10pt captain (I only have a few 10pt or greater captains and my highest is 12pt)

But his voiceover.... ugh... I will have to check the modstation to see if I can replace it.  I also bought a couple Dasha's off the armory that I'd like to replace voice overs for too.. only because I don't know what they are trying to tell me..  with more experience maybe i could figure it out lol, but Cap is annoying.

[DBRIS]
Members
626 posts
11,106 battles
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

I got Cap yesterday, and as a new player I am grateful to get a hold of a 10pt captain (I only have a few 10pt or greater captains and my highest is 12pt)

But his voiceover.... ugh... I will have to check the modstation to see if I can replace it.  I also bought a couple Dasha's off the armory that I'd like to replace voice overs for too.. only because I don't know what they are trying to tell me..  with more experience maybe i could figure it out lol, but Cap is annoying.

Wait until you get an IJN anime captain!  Extremely annoying and hilarious at the same time. I swear Azuma is saying something about dental hygiene, or something like that!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,792 posts
24,440 battles
3 hours ago, SKurj said:

1. Click the gear icons in the upper most left hand corner of the screen from your port
  2. Select Settings
  3. Click Audio Tab
  4. Set Voiceover Language to - English (or whatever language you want)
  5. Set Voiceover Modification to - Standard

This should stop his voiceover BUT it will stop all voiceover's just FYI.

57 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Wait until you get an IJN anime captain!  Extremely annoying and hilarious at the same time. I swear Azuma is saying something about dental hygiene, or something like that!

OMG the anime girl voiceovers drive me nuts. They NEVER shut up. Sounds like a bunch of drunk chipmunks having an argument.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
11,792 posts
24,440 battles
23 hours ago, SKurj said:

grind...???????   its ongoing and you need to sink 1 ship at tier 5 and above to get a crate, there are also codes, i got 8 crates today... i need i think to sink 3 more ships to complete the entire thing...  clarification:  you need to sink at least 1 ship per battle, 2 ships does not get 2 crates.   And duplicates are 1:1 exchange... so absolutely no more than 23 sunk ships in 23 battles to finish this...     if u get crates then subtract from 23...

"Grind" is a term related to the game and having to play a bunch of games to achieve some goal. Level of difficulty may vary but grind is just a generic term. I played non stop the morning the collection dropped to finish it so I did the "grind". 

Sign in to follow this