Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gbgentry

Saipan - 3pt DE or 2pt TA & 1pt IEB or LG

5 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,110 posts

Looking for advice.  Have the India X-Ray & Victor Lima flags mounted and have Engine Mod 1 already.  Thanks...

[GRETA]
Members
1,378 posts
10,609 battles

This is the build recommended by TopTier.  I suggest checking out his youtube videos.  He has how to videos for just about every CV in the game.  The Saipan can be very fun and rewarding but has a rather high skill floor and does not handle plane losses well.  

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.04.01 - 08.44.36.92.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.04.01 - 08.44.56.72.png

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,110 posts
46 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

This is the build recommended by TopTier.  I suggest checking out his youtube videos.  He has how to videos for just about every CV in the game.  The Saipan can be very fun and rewarding but has a rather high skill floor and does not handle plane losses well.  

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.04.01 - 08.44.36.92.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.04.01 - 08.44.56.72.png

Right but he has all of those and, while I know you mean well, I’m looking for which option would be better right now.

Even though I’ve been using her since around ‘15, I’m trying to build a dedicated Saipan Captain & pts are limited.  As a result, I’m looking for advice from fellow owners & not so much I-saw-someone-do-this.  Leaning TA & LG.

Edited by gbgentry

[GRETA]
Members
1,378 posts
10,609 battles
2 hours ago, gbgentry said:

Right but he has all of those and, while I know you mean well, I’m looking for which option would be better right now.

Even though I’ve been using her since around ‘15, I’m trying to build a dedicated Saipan Captain & pts are limited.  As a result, I’m looking for advice from fellow owners & not so much I-saw-someone-do-this.  Leaning TA & LG.

Ok, I am a fellow Saipan owner.  She was my first premium back in RTS days.  I use her more than any of my other CV.  If you are on a limited skill point budget at the moment I would suggest TA and IEB.  Saipan's bread and butter are her torpedo bombers but they are a little slow (the torpedoes anyway) and anything that speeds the planes up will help them survive which is a big issue with the Saipan.

Honestly DE and CE are the last two skills I would invest in.  the only difference between the her build and the other USN CV is the order of importance of those two.  For her I would do CE before DE when you get that far (again for plane longevity) and DE before CE on the other USN ships (they rely more heavily on fires from their HVAR rockets).

Hope this more clearly helps.

Edited by HallaSnackbar

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,110 posts
22 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Ok, I am a fellow Saipan owner.  She was my first premium back in RTS days.  I use her more than any of my other CV.  If you are on a limited skill point budget at the moment I would suggest TA and IEB.  Saipan's bread and butter are her torpedo bombers but they are a little slow (the torpedoes anyway) and anything that speeds the planes up will help them survive which is a big issue with the Saipan.

Honestly DE and CE are the last two skills I would invest in.  the only difference between the her build and the other USN CV is the order of importance of those two.  For her I would do CE before DE when you get that far (again for plane longevity) and DE before CE on the other USN ships (they rely more heavily on fires from their HVAR rockets).

Hope this more clearly helps.

Thanks.  Again, I appreciate what you were doing with the screenshot but I didn’t want this thread to devolve in to CA players going “Well, my buddy said this was good”.

I’m just getting back in to the game.  I’ve been heavy in to (mainly IJN) CVs since Alpha but hated the rework so I essentially took 2019 off.  I’ve put that line aside (for now)(I still play my IJN from-time-to-time) and am more USN focused for durability.

Again, thanks for your suggestion.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this