Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BarneyStyle

Veterans of Naval Battles, rent for dubs and credits

8 comments in this topic

[KAG]
Members
1,353 posts
12,351 battles

For a limited time, you can rent a select few premium ships for credits, or dubloons in the armory.  They are setup like the random bundles in a new line release, and randomly drop a different ship after each roll.

I love the idea of being able to rent premiums to get a taste of the ships.  If you like it, buy it.  If not, well, no harm done.  So props for finally listening to the community.

But! why tease the community with ships they'll never be able to own like the Missouri, Musashi, Kronstadt? It's like going to a strip club and expecting to take a dancer home.  It's absurd, please stop torturing us with the delusion we'll be able to get these ships...  or maybe it's just an April fools joke?

Other than that little rant, I'm glad they're at least entertaining the idea of rental premiums.

Untitled.png

Edited by BarneyStyle

[ARGSY]
Members
23,462 posts
17,427 battles
3 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

But why tease the community with ships they'll never be able to own like the Missouri, Musashi, Kronstadt?

Because there are some people who are going to say to themselves, "At Christmas, I might be willing to spam $$ on crates and accept the flags, coal, whatever from the unsuccessful rolls, IF I KNOW that what I'm spamming for is any good."

Some people have that sort of money to spend and are willing to spend it on pixels. If it means they won't come back screaming "I SPAMMED $500 ON CRATES ONLY TO FIND THAT THIS ***** SHIP SUCKS!", all the better for Wargaming.

If you've been here and done any sort of research - any at all - you'll know how slim the chances are. Knowing that, if you are willing to own the consequences of rolling snake-eyes a gazillion times, FINE.

There are people who are going to have spare spending money that they're not currently using for eating out, going to the movies, etc. etc. etc. It would be stupid of ANY company which can offer alternatives to that entertainment budget not to angle for a slice of it.

• Boring 1

[G-B-U]
Members
85 posts
6,863 battles

This looks like it is in the Armory, correct?

Edited by Feldo357
i can't spell apparently
  • Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,823 posts
2,663 battles

Do we get to keep the port slots after the rental?  Because if so, a port slot and 6 point captain seems like a good use of 250k silver to me.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,844 posts
10,997 battles
Just now, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Do we get to keep the port slots after the rental?  Because if so, a port slot and 6 point captain seems like a good use of 250k silver to me.

Don't think you get the slot.

[NOVEL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,955 battles
1 hour ago, Silisquish said:

This is an April Fool's joke, innit?

That was my first thought too. 

26 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

There is no mentioning of keeping the slot or captain later.

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

Oh ok I just saw the News announcement; looks like you rent premium ships for silver. That makes sense

Sign in to follow this