Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kagenomure

unique commanders

7 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

if you get a commander that has 2 skills, do you have to spent captin skill points on them for then to work or will they always be active? i ask cuase i just got a commander with vigilance and another skills, in the captin skill list i see the 2 skills have a + sign beside them

[FML]
Members
4,155 posts
16,067 battles
1 hour ago, Kagenomure said:

if you get a commander that has 2 skills, do you have to spent captin skill points on them for then to work or will they always be active? i ask cuase i just got a commander with vigilance and another skills, in the captin skill list i see the 2 skills have a + sign beside them

So where a commander has an improved version of the skill, you need to actually have points in that skill for that improvement to be active. 

For instance, Bert Dunkirk has an Improved Smoke Screen Expert perk - so the smoke clouds are ~20% larger than the normal skill.  But, if you havent invested points in smoke screen expert, you dont get any bonus at all. 

But, for commanders like Yamamoto which are triggered by in-game events like First Blood, those just occur and you dont need to invest skill points in. 

I hope that helps...

[BUOY]
Members
1,212 posts
16,240 battles

Also know that triggered abilities don't work in clan battles while enhanced skills still do.

• Cool 1

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

ok so the commander i got i have to get those skills, gotcha, and do the commander you can get in the armory via coal or dabloons, do they have tracers colors for the shells, i ask cuase i see in most matches when people shoot at me the shells look like they got either red or a blue trail behind it or are those for special commanders only and if so what is a special commander

[DVYJC]
Members
3,869 posts
9,729 battles

Legendary commanders have special tracer colors, unique ones don't. Unique commanders have enhanced normal skills. Legendary commanders have enhanced normal skills, skills that activate upon an in-game event or achievement, and optional special tracers and flag. Yamamoto, Halsey, Auboyneau, Kuznetsov, Cunningham, Lutjens, Sansonetti, and Swirski are legendary.

[TGG]
Members
1 post
3,643 battles

I have a question how about Captains you got to 19 and have no unique skills, Did i work this Capt for no reason due to not unique.? What benefit is a 19 captain if not legendary or Unique?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
On 4/14/2020 at 9:39 PM, AKMarine8654 said:

I have a question how about Captains you got to 19 and have no unique skills, Did i work this Capt for no reason due to not unique.? What benefit is a 19 captain if not legendary or Unique?

they earn elite captain exp which you can use to accelerate the xp grind for any other captain you have on your account.

Sign in to follow this