[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,889 posts
17,933 battles

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 1, 2020

WAR in SPACE

Wargaming Group Limited, the developer of famous online multi-player games such as World of Tanks and World of Warships announced today the development of a new battleground series, War in Space.  Now players can captain starships as they maneuver and fight for space supremacy.  

Ships are exquisitely modeled in terms of size, armor, and various technical characteristics.  This includes accurately modeled ship radar cross sections that varies based on direction, exotic sensors, emissions detection and control, communications and fire control jamming, and chaff.  Weapons include directed energy, missiles, mines, and a few other surprises. 

According to product developer, Andy Fisher, WIS will have the same twenty-minute gaming experience of its other flag ship products.  “This seems to be the sweet spot in our community today”.  Expect early release sometime in the last quarter of this year.  It will be Another Fantastic addition to an Already Famous line of games.

###

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SALVO]
Members
4,415 posts
3,819 battles

yeah, nice try. +1 for creativity

Edited by ArIskandir

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
813 posts
49 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 1, 2020

WAR in SPACE

Wargaming Group Limited, the developer of famous online multi-player games such as World of Tanks and World of Warships announced today the development of a new battleground series, War in Space.  Now players can captain starships as they maneuver and fight for space supremacy.  

Ships are exquisitely modeled in terms of size, armor, and various technical characteristics.  This includes accurately modeled ship radar cross sections that varies based on direction, exotic sensors, emissions detection and control, communications and fire control jamming, and chaff.  Weapons include directed energy, missiles, mines, and a few other surprises. 

According to product developer, Andy Fisher, WIS will have the same twenty-minute gaming experience of its other flag ship products.  “This seems to be the sweet spot in our community today”.  Expect early release sometime in the last quarter of this year.  It will be Another Fantastic addition to an Already Famous line of games.

###

Nice try almost had me :)

Members
1,426 posts
7,116 battles

Edited by USMC2145
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
51 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

Nice try almost had me :)

The lack of a link which Soshi would never leave out is the real give away but a true space version of this game with 3D or semi 3D movement would be interesting.

UnfinishedMiserlyElephantseal-small.gif

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

Oh shoot, it IS that time of year again isn't it?

[ARGSY]
Members
20,110 posts
14,317 battles
5 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

That looks sort of epic. It's fascinating that as a 1977 production, this post-dates Uchuu Senkan Yamato/Star Blazers by quite a few years. Wikipedia says:

While the concept and production of The War in Space was spurred by the international success of Star Wars, the film is actually an outer space redressing of Toho's undersea adventure Atragon and the groundbreaking anime series Space Battleship Yamato. The War in Space was originally announced as a sequel to Battle in Outer Space. Design-wise, the UNSF Gohten is a cross between the Space Battleship Yamato and the Gotengo.

There are Chris Foss-like elements in the curve of the hull, but they are offset by the very clunky cylindrical weapon barrels. 

Personally I hope this turns out not to be a joke and they actually go through with it at some stage.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

In reality, I suspect it would be quite easy to design a game for space.  It would be very similar to Warships, but on a completely 3D map.  The extra up-down direction is just another trajectory calculation.  The shooting part would be fairly easy because there are no arcs to calculate in space.  Everything is straight line.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,569 battles
9 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 1, 2020

WAR in SPACE

###

Wags to riches GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Edited by DrHolmes52

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
813 posts
12 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The lack of a link which Soshi would never leave out is the real give away but a true space version of this game with 3D or semi 3D movement would be interesting.

UnfinishedMiserlyElephantseal-small.gif

Ala Space Battleship Yamato eh? :)  Preferred the anime more then the live action.  Would definitely try it out!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
11 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

Ala Space Battleship Yamato eh? :)  Preferred the anime more then the live action.  Would definitely try it out!

I wasn't specifically thinking of that, I just thought the gif was good for this thread.

• Cool 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,584 posts
4,409 battles

Well that was disappointing

Good one Soshi

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
2 hours ago, destawaits said:

Well that was disappointing

Good one Soshi

Yeah, when I saw the thread title I was a bit chuffed but as soon as I saw the lack of a link, something Soshi would never do, it dawned on me