You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

To Skane or not to Skane...

15 comments in this topic

[VW]
Members
3,792 posts
18,418 battles

is it worth taking the tokens for skane knowing it comes defacto with a free perm camo, or taking 5 days premium time knowing we are confined at home with nothing to do but play? i'm not sure what do do because with cvs playing dd is a waste of time, but a prem camo tier 7 could be useful for hunting corgies etc. however with the amount of credits/fxp i could earn with another 5 days premium time not sure the tech tree premium camo is worth it. any thoughts?

[WOLFC]
Members
2,588 posts
14,062 battles
23 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

is it worth taking the tokens for skane knowing it comes defacto with a free perm camo, or taking 5 days premium time knowing we are confined at home with nothing to do but play? i'm not sure what do do because with cvs playing dd is a waste of time, but a prem camo tier 7 could be useful for hunting corgies etc. however with the amount of credits/fxp i could earn with another 5 days premium time not sure the tech tree premium camo is worth it. any thoughts?

A T7 camo is normally 2,000 Doubs or $8 ... 5 Days of Premium Time is roughly $4 ...  

The camo is roughly twice the value ... but only if you will play the ship ... I'd go with the ship/camo

Edited by DocWalker
  • Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
729 posts
12,554 battles
20 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I'd recommended getting the Skane since it is the equivalent of grinding 60-70k xp on the Vasteras and spending 5 million gold as well as a free slot if you don't like the line. 

[SALVO]
Members
24,184 posts
24,546 battles

Also, if you go the Skåne route and grind out the perma-camo, you will have made serious progress towards completing the grind for the tier 8 Öland.  I happen to have the Öland and am going to try to grind out its perma-camo, though with so little time left it will be quite a grind.  And I'm not sure that I'll have the patience for such a grind.

Members
334 posts
3,219 battles

in my eyes a free slot+free camo is a good deal,  if i could i would get it but i am 50 tokens short :Smile-angry:

[VW]
Members
3,792 posts
18,418 battles
9 hours ago, DocWalker said:

A T7 camo is normally 2,000 Doubs or $8 ... 5 Days of Premium Time is roughly $4 ...  

The camo is roughly twice the value ... but only if you will play the ship ... I'd go with the ship/camo

9 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

I'd recommended getting the Skane since it is the equivalent of grinding 60-70k xp on the Vasteras and spending 5 million gold as well as a free slot if you don't like the line. 

good points. i'm kind of leaning towards grabbing it, at least it's what i usually do with these pre launch events.

[VW]
Members
3,792 posts
18,418 battles
8 hours ago, Crucis said:

Also, if you go the Skåne route and grind out the perma-camo, you will have made serious progress towards completing the grind for the tier 8 Öland.  I happen to have the Öland and am going to try to grind out its perma-camo, though with so little time left it will be quite a grind.  And I'm not sure that I'll have the patience for such a grind.

it's the grind that makes me hesitate. knowing i'll be exposing myself to nonstop cv games.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,749 posts
24,959 battles

60 tokens short.

You can get another 4 container from this week twitch mission. 

The only problem is , you need 1600/1700/1800/1900/2000 baseXP for the missions to unlock them. First code should come tomorrow.

[SALVO]
Members
24,184 posts
24,546 battles
10 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

it's the grind that makes me hesitate. knowing i'll be exposing myself to nonstop cv games.

Loup, I didn't find it to be that bad (i.e. "nonstop CV games").  I had plenty of no CV battles.  Also, as I've said in many other threads talking about CV/DD interactions, a CV's squadron can only be in one place at a time and those higher tier maps are pretty big.  Of course, if the CV is working on your side of the map, life can get pretty miserable.  But I've had many CV battles in DDs where the CVs planes never came close to me.

The CV battles that really suck are the ones with 2 CVs per team, for the simple reason that now the carriers can be in 2 places at once, assuming that they're not teaming up against single targets.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,428 battles
20 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Most people don't have enough tokens for Skane … 

So the answer is "no" and again "no"

Problem Solved!

Members
590 posts
72 battles
21 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Skåne is actually quite fun ship and decent at punishing T8 CVs. If you are interested in Swedish DD line which only gets stronger at dealing with CVs for each tier, then definatly go for the ship. Then you grind the perma camo and the XP to jump into the T8 one when line is launched.

[VW]
Members
3,792 posts
18,418 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Loup, I didn't find it to be that bad (i.e. "nonstop CV games").  I had plenty of no CV battles.  Also, as I've said in many other threads talking about CV/DD interactions, a CV's squadron can only be in one place at a time and those higher tier maps are pretty big.  Of course, if the CV is working on your side of the map, life can get pretty miserable.  But I've had many CV battles in DDs where the CVs planes never came close to me.

The CV battles that really suck are the ones with 2 CVs per team, for the simple reason that now the carriers can be in 2 places at once, assuming that they're not teaming up against single targets.

2 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

Most people don't have enough tokens for Skane … 

So the answer is "no" and again "no"

Problem Solved!

1 hour ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Skåne is actually quite fun ship and decent at punishing T8 CVs. If you are interested in Swedish DD line which only gets stronger at dealing with CVs for each tier, then definatly go for the ship. Then you grind the perma camo and the XP to jump into the T8 one when line is launched.

fair enough, i took the plunge and picked her up, now i just need to grind the camo

luckily the april fools gave me 2 more days of prem time.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,428 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

fair enough, i took the plunge and picked her up, now i just need to grind the camo

luckily the april fools gave me 2 more days of prem time.

If you didn't have to buy tokens - Gratz

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

lmbo,  check this match out.  :D     I have good and bad matches, but first match with 19 hits  :D

shot-20.04.01_18.00.52-0915.jpg

[VW]
Members
3,792 posts
18,418 battles
On 4/2/2020 at 3:04 AM, centarina said:

lmbo,  check this match out.  :D     I have good and bad matches, but first match with 19 hits  :D

shot-20.04.01_18.00.52-0915.jpg

she's a neat torp boat, and with the low damage torps you can rack up good hits.

image.thumb.png.1d92d1d441c1effccf23b52128af75b7.png

shot-20.04.04_13.15.16-0853.jpg