You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
1SneakyDevil

Player Base Intelligence

20 comments in this topic

Members
3,747 posts
23,256 battles

Has hit an all time low when this happens multiple times on Killer Whale because not enough ships got out in time.

image.thumb.png.cc5ab2049236ef7521301256d8fb2401.png

[edited]

Edited by turbo07

Members
2,415 posts
5,339 battles
11 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Has hit an all time low when this happens multiple times on Killer Whale because not enough ships got out in time.

image.thumb.png.cc5ab2049236ef7521301256d8fb2401.png

[edited]

I agree that the player base is pretty bad, but at the end of the day this is the only game that I can play that lets me sail cool ships. So until another comes along I will keep playing.

granted I do play different games now to get away from this mess that is randoms sometimes.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,034 posts

happens all the time. KW is one of the worst for that.  People who farm buildings then hide and never attack anything that shoots back is almost every round too.

Seen SO many 4 and 5 star games turn into losses because kids simply refuse to listen to a simple bit of advice

EXIT OR WE LOSE!

Maybe it has too many big words for them?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[SYN]
Members
15,857 posts
12,803 battles

all they have to do is die outside the circle and they can't even do that right? lol

• Cool 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

Yeah I'm taking an extended break partly for this reason, quite frankly it's really enjoyable not playing for awhile. You don't notice it until you stop, it's like a drug.

[TARK]
Members
6,485 posts
2,491 battles
7 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

Yeah I'm taking an extended break partly for this reason, quite frankly it's really enjoyable not playing for awhile. You don't notice it until you stop, it's like a drug.

Plenty of other games out there...

...i find this game improves if i go away for a bit...clear out the salt...keep things in perspective.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,593 posts
9 hours ago, Crucis said:

[hidden]

Do you remember when you first played Killer Whale? I found all the operations difficult the first time I played them. Then, I learned them and eventually five-starred them all. If you get a team of players new to an operation they will look bad, just as all of us did when we first started playing it. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
29 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Do you remember when you first played Killer Whale? I found all the operations difficult the first time I played them. Then, I learned them and eventually five-starred them all. If you get a team of players new to an operation they will look bad, just as all of us did when we first started playing it. 

I don't remember Killer Whale being particularly difficult ever.  Getting on the cap in time to win simply isn't a matter of an easy or hard op.  It's a matter of whether you're paying attention to the mission goals or to your team mates begging you to head to the exit in time to win.

• Cool 1

Members
742 posts

This game has no real world consequences. It's just a game. This is why people don't mind doing dumb things. For example, I was just in a game that we would have won by running out the clock, but the Black decided to try and bait an Atago rather than run and got blown up. He gave me negative karma for saying "don't do it" when it was evident that he was going to do something dumb, and then "dude" after he got killed.

Members
71 posts
105 battles

Yea I ve been a few of those FIVE star to ZERO star games and they hang just out side the circle trying to keep firing to racking up DMG - I  give them a down vote for what its worth.

Also seeing more people YOLO in the first 5 mins of the game - put out as much dmg as they can and take a ship or two with them then die - unfortunately at that stage no directives completed and rest of team carries them and they still get good experience.

So yea blame WG for making it all about DMG = EXP - this is the root of all evil !

So who more stupid WG or the player base ?

Answer = Neither ; they just don't care 

Edited by Dano07_

Members
643 posts
17,037 battles

With forum posts like this your representing the lowest common denominator well. LUL

• Boring 1

Members
1,674 posts
12,330 battles

I have get most recent expansion for Sims 4 and Ever quest instead of buy thing here.

This game is sliding down very wet slide very fast.

[GOB]
Members
2,034 posts
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Well when I first got here I was smart enough to ASK people what I should do and where could they use my help. People chimed right in and I was a help to my team.  I also LISTENED to what people told me to do in chat.

This isn't rocket science.

Being new is no excuse for ignoring 10 people in chat pleading GO TO THE EXIT.  That's just plain dumb or just not caring about the people you are playing with.  Everyone knows OPS are MISSIONS. Just going in an treating it like some sunday cruise shootie game while people are trying to chat with you is just lazy.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
664 posts
13,704 battles

This is a just game.

Only on the internet.

Have you looked outside lately?  

I'm amazed how most have made it this far this long. 

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
16 hours ago, Dano07_ said:

Yea I ve been a few of those FIVE star to ZERO star games and they hang just out side the circle trying to keep firing to racking up DMG - I  give them a down vote for what its worth.

Also seeing more people YOLO in the first 5 mins of the game - put out as much dmg as they can and take a ship or two with them then die - unfortunately at that stage no directives completed and rest of team carries them and they still get good experience.

So yea blame WG for making it all about DMG = EXP - this is the root of all evil !

So who more stupid WG or the player base ?

Answer = Neither ; they just don't care 

I disagree.  I think that the players are more stupid.  WG is fairly assuming that people will be trying to win.  The players in these operations don't understand that if you lose that giant pile of damage means nothing because the XP for losing is SOOOOOO much lower than what you get for winning, particularly in 4-5 star wins.

If WG wanted to try to make players care more about winning in randoms, they could seriously reduce the base XP and credits earned in losses.

Or I suppose that they could go hard core in the other direction where winning and losing didn't affect base XP and credits earned, but maybe there was some other (minor) way of rewarding winning.  (Perhaps 1-3 random economic flags?)  Personally, I don't think that this would be a good way to go, because if winning and losing didn't matter and the only reward for winning was so minor that players might not even care about it, then I'd predict that we'd see a lot more stupid stuff occurring in random battles that would seriously annoy those who care about winning even if only for the sake of winning.

Members
22 posts
3,239 battles

The short answer is that the player base's intelligence is non-existent and getting dumber everyday.  How is this possible?  I don't know either.  That's why I just uninstalled completely.  Basically this is just a symptom of WG filling the game with its target demographic - idiots who can't tell crapfrom sugar.  The sooner they can drive away everyone with functioning brain cells the better off they'll be.  I only hope that they implode as a company soon and take their pretty but ultimately stupid and vapid products with them.

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles

I find funny how we always say people this or people that. In this case aren't we all Player Base? or is it we are something beyond a player, something special? I take we are some kind of lab-bred gamer who gets the knack of every game we play in a couple matches... or maybe we have super cognitive powers and we learn every skill in life Matrix style. Yes, we all operate at different "difficulty levels" but if you play life, I think you'll have learnt to deal with it by now (free pass for teenagers). To use it as an excuse as "I'm leaving the game cuz people too stupid" style... please. Anyway this is tedious, way easier to proyect my inadequacies unto someone else than dealing with it myself. 

[POP]
Members
1,079 posts
9,336 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I find funny how we always say people this or people that. In this case aren't we all Player Base? or is it we are something beyond a player, something special? I take we are some kind of lab-bred gamer who gets the knack of every game we play in a couple matches... or maybe we have super cognitive powers and we learn every skill in life Matrix style. Yes, we all operate at different "difficulty levels" but if you play life, I think you'll have learnt to deal with it by now (free pass for teenagers). To use it as an excuse as "I'm leaving the game cuz people too stupid" style... please. Anyway this is tedious, way easier to proyect my inadequacies unto someone else than dealing with it myself. 

I think you have a large group that started at T1 and ground their way to T10 before owning a premium.   By the time they got to T8 they had at least a general idea of how the game works.

Now inject a guy (or lots of guys) that has an asashio b, Massachusetts b, scharnhorst b etc and 200 games under their belt.  Real world intelligence is not in question here, it is ignorance to the game they are playing.  That ignorance is negative affecting the game play of everyone else.  The experienced players have been shamed for years for going to t2 -4 and "seal clubbing" however through premiums,  WG has brought the seals to us.  

• Cool 2

Members
3,747 posts
23,256 battles
On 4/1/2020 at 11:17 PM, HallaSnackbar said:

I think you have a large group that started at T1 and ground their way to T10 before owning a premium.   By the time they got to T8 they had at least a general idea of how the game works.

Now inject a guy (or lots of guys) that has an asashio b, Massachusetts b, scharnhorst b etc and 200 games under their belt.  Real world intelligence is not in question here, it is ignorance to the game they are playing.  That ignorance is negative affecting the game play of everyone else.  The experienced players have been shamed for years for going to t2 -4 and "seal clubbing" however through premiums,  WG has brought the seals to us.  

Yep, yesterday we had a guy in random playing Yudachi. He had 20 random games and 89 coop games to his credit. Also, barely any games in a DD.

Start of match he runs behind the BBs and then across the map. As only one of two DDs, he basically f'ed his side of the map and was the lowest XP earner.

There is no more learning the game, it's just drive, shoot & miss, then die from many of these players. Even if constructive advice is given the comment inevitably is "it's just a game, who cares".

The icing on the cake is when they start coming to forums and complaining that the game is rigged against them.

• Cool 1