Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Another LM/UU Done! GK. (PVE Thread)

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,819 posts
24,463 battles

In between all the mission and event grinds I have been slowly plugging away at the LM/UU grinds. Have tried to use ships that I am not done with yet to do event tasks and stuff when I can (Multi tasking LOL). Checked them this morning and saw GK at 13K+ to go. I get them to 20K or less to go (BXP) through normal play and then when they get to that point I go at them non stop until done.

Had a lot to do today but played off and on all day when I had some time. I got a lot of good games with high BXP (for Co-op) so it went quick when I would play here and there. So GK is now done (#7). Not sure if I will use it or not but at least it is done. I like the combo secondary/AA module it has in slot 6 now but if I use the LM I lose the AA boost but get a secondary and main gun reload boost (plus range reduction and turret rotation nerf). Decisions decisions...:Smile_amazed:

Done...

1. Montana
  2. Gearing
  3. Minotaur
  4. Yamato
  5. Republique
  6. Conqueror
  7. GK

What's left...

1. Des Moines: Stage 5 (596/40,000 BXP)
  2. Hindenburg: Stage 5 (503/40,000 BXP)
  3. Shimakaze: Stage 5 (391/40,000 BXP)
  4. Moskva: Stage 5 (0/40,000 BXP)
  5. Henri IV: Stage 5 (0/40,000 BXP)
  6. Zao: Stage 5 (0/40,000 BXP)
  7. Midway: Stage 5 (0/40,000 BXP)
  8. Worcester: Stage 2 (3,354,752/8,000,000)
  9. Z-52: Stage 2 (0/8,000,000 credits)
  10. Grozovoi: Stage 2 (0/8,000,000 credits)
  11. Hakuryu: Stage 1 (80,991/100,000 XP)
  12. Yue Yang: Stage 1 (47,572/100,000 XP)
  13. Khabarovsk: Stage 1 (47,484/100,000 XP)

Don't know how many I will finish by end of year but giving it a go. The requirements outside of stage 3 and 4 are brutal in Co-op.

6FNwxzU.jpg

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,284 posts
25,147 battles

Agree about that last.

And yeah, trying to use LU ships for directives.

Closest is DM on stage 5, several more at stages 2.

For T10s being so expensive to play, I must be doing something right, because my credits total is rising, instead of falling.

[GWG]
Members
6,954 posts
13,494 battles

Hmmm...   Legendary mods...   Yeah, I keep track of this -- ever -- so -- slightly...

LegendaryMods.jpg

[WOLF8]
Members
7,343 posts
6,239 battles

Congrats, Admiral. Awesome as always... lol. :Smile_honoring::Smile_teethhappy:

I'm still stuck on the part 2 of the mission for GK's UU. It'll probably take me the entirety of the remaining year, just to finish it... lel. :Smile_hiding:

So how's the module? Did it turn GK into a floating Death Star? Please say yes, just because. LUL. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[PVE]
Members
11,819 posts
24,463 battles
1 minute ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Congrats, Admiral. Awesome as always... lol. :Smile_honoring::Smile_teethhappy:

I'm still stuck on the part 2 of the mission for GK's UU. It'll probably take me the entirety of the remaining year, just to finish it... lel. :Smile_hiding:

So how's the module? Did it turn GK into a floating Death Star? Please say yes, just because. LUL. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

Haven't used it yet. I went full blown secondary build on GK. Have Lütjens as Capt as well so...

• BFT/AFT/MS
  • Secondary Armament Expert (one of Lütjens' unique skill) = get 100 sec hits and sec reload gets -15%
  • SBM1 (Slot 3 = +20% sec range / -20% sec dispersion)
  • Auxiliary Armaments Mod 2 (-20% sec reload / +15% continuous AA damage / +15% damage flak / +2 flak bursts)

The above works really well both for secondary guns and AA. It shreds planes and I get almost as many sec kills as I do main gun kills (looks like I have a Harugumo strapped to the side when it fires lol :cap_rambo:).  It does mean I forgo MBM3 though so my main gun reload is the full 32 sec (420's). If I change and use the LM I lose AAM2 and get...

• -15% main gun reload
  • -15% sec gun reload
  • -8% main gun range
  • 7% slower turrets.

Not sure I want to use it? Main guns would reload faster but lose range and they would rotate slower (they rotate slow enough now). Secondary guns would reload 5% slower and I would lose the AA boost. Might try it to see but am leaning towards not using it.

[BUOY]
Members
1,003 posts
14,505 battles

Use it, it's one of the best UU's for co-op thanks to all guns quick firing. The range penalty is nothing since bots charge in anyway and IMHO AA skills and mods are irrelevant unless you have all the AA like the Mino or Monty,  especially against bots who don't rotate squadrons until they're the only one left.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,343 posts
6,239 battles
46 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Haven't used it yet. I went full blown secondary build on GK. Have Lütjens as Capt as well so...

• BFT/AFT/MS
  • Secondary Armament Expert (one of Lütjens' unique skill) = get 100 sec hits and sec reload gets -15%
  • SBM1 (Slot 3 = +20% sec range / -20% sec dispersion)
  • Auxiliary Armaments Mod 2 (-20% sec reload / +15% continuous AA damage / +15% damage flak / +2 flak bursts)

The above works really well both for secondary guns and AA. It shreds planes and I get almost as many sec kills as I do main gun kills (looks like I have a Harugumo strapped to the side when it fires lol :cap_rambo:).  It does mean I forgo MBM3 though so my main gun reload is the full 32 sec (420's). If I change and use the LM I lose AAM2 and get...

• -15% main gun reload
  • -15% sec gun reload
  • -8% main gun range
  • 7% slower turrets.

Not sure I want to use it? Main guns would reload faster but lose range and they would rotate slower (they rotate slow enough now). Secondary guns would reload 5% slower and I would lose the AA boost. Might try it to see but am leaning towards not using it.

I also use AAM2 on my GK, for more dakka, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

I knew about the main gun range reduction on the UU, but I didn't know about the slower turret traverse speed. I would agree that maybe it deserves a second thought, before mounting it, because GK's turrets already feel glacial when turning... lel. :Smile_hiding:

The ship itself turns like a bus with flat tires, and the turrets also turn like a creaky door hinge... lul. :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF9]
Members
655 posts
18,851 battles

Congrats Admiral.  Your list is staggering.

My status on the last 4 that I was able to get before the door was closed:

GK - Middle of step 4

Hindy - about 1/4 of the way in step 2

Zao - Just made it into step 2.

Moskva - HAHAHAHA  - about halfway through step 1.  Zao and Moskva were bought in the same week, but I have no luck with Moskva yet.

UUs I didn't get before the deadline:

Conqueror - have T9 Lion

Minotaur - have T9 Neptune

Republique - have T9 Alsace

Henri IV - have T9 Saint Louis

No UUs exist:

Kremlin, Venezia

That would complete my BBs, CAs, and CLs.  Looking forward to see what kind of disaster the RB UU program is going to be for these last 6 listed plus the two new RU cruiser lines.

[WOLF9]
Members
655 posts
18,851 battles

Just finished my UU for the GK.  I had the secondary armaments module in slot 6, but I swapped it out for the UU.  I gain -15% on main reloads in exchange for losing a -5% reload on secondaries.

My GK is a pure secondary build.

Sign in to follow this