You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Are t10 cv more work or fun?

12 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

I reseted my US CV line and got back to Midway.  Started playing it and after a few games started thinking it was alot more work than fun.

AA is insainly high, you still have to grind for better planes. Finally figured out that BD do more damage than the torps do and I can hit dd with them.  Lost a few karma point on a shimmy that I kepped bombing.

Ranger and Lex are alot of fun and powerful even up t. Midway does not hold the same, wow I just had a great time.

The maps are always the same and the ships are always the same and soon most DD will be that AA dd and there no fun.

Anyone else found this to be the case?

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,728 battles

I actually found the sweet spot for CV's to be tier 8. The only real drawback is getting stuck in a tier 10 match as the sacrificial tier 8.

I won't blame the tier 10 CV's for being more work than fun, it's a tier 10 match in general problem.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
22 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I actually found the sweet spot for CV's to be tier 8. The only real drawback is getting stuck in a tier 10 match as the sacrificial tier 8.

I won't blame the tier 10 CV's for being more work than fun, it's a tier 10 match in general problem.

So true about both statements.  I actually started to like t10 fights because thw XP was great. Now that every one is t10 XP has fallen off.  Thats no big deal but I need allmost 100k to upgrade my planes.

I dobt care about damage anymore are there any interesting things your doing other than causing damage?

Edit. Graff is the best cv to have crazy fun in. The planes are fast the ap is great.

I still have used the rocket planes yet!

Edited by jags_domain

[RLGN]
Members
14,307 posts
25,245 battles

Depends on how you define fun?

I had fun playing RTS carriers in Co-op because multi-tasking and twitch weakness didn’t matter as much. Also, I wasn’t bothering anyone but bots with a carrier.

Not so much any more.

I hate the new mechanics, I hate the death by a thousand cuts, and I’ll not be a hypocrite by inflicting something on another player in Randoms I hate having done to me.

By extension, carriers are next to worthless now in Co-op, less so in Ops, so they’re more work than fun.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Depends on how you define fun?

I had fun playing RTS carriers in Co-op because multi-tasking and twitch weakness didn’t matter as much. Also, I wasn’t bothering anyone but bots with a carrier.

Not so much any more.

I hate the new mechanics, I hate the death by a thousand cuts, and I’ll not be a hypocrite by inflicting something on another player in Randoms I hate having done to me.

By extension, carriers are next to worthless now in Co-op, less so in Ops, so they’re more work than fun.

I liked the rework. By fun I mean that the aa at t10 is god like on bas icky every ship.  Every map seems the same and its the same ships.

T6 and 8 is more dynamic.

As to paper cuts when I am in game with a CV I might get it 1 or 2 sometimes I never get to use my AA because the cv is on the other side of the map.

I think the the effectiveness of CV is greatly exaggerated.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,585 posts
15,718 battles

T8 is the maximum fun for your exchange credits and XP. Unless as mentioned you end up in a T10 match. T10 CV play is more of a labor than a fun match. The AA is so strong, the cost of operating one is more times than not a net loss if you are FTP standard account. 

The Shokaku and Lexington are the most fun for me. I wish I had the Big E, GZ, and Kaga. I do have the Implacable. It's shining spot for me is it is a better DD hunter because the planes are slower with a tighter turning radius.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

T8 is the maximum fun for your exchange credits and XP. Unless as mentioned you end up in a T10 match. T10 CV play is more of a labor than a fun match. The AA is so strong, the cost of operating one is more times than not a net loss if you are FTP standard account. 

The Shokaku and Lexington are the most fun for me. I wish I had the Big E, GZ, and Kaga. I do have the Implacable. It's shining spot for me is it is a better DD hunter because the planes are slower with a tighter turning radius.

The planes do turn fast. When I go from the Brit to lex I forget sometimes The torps dont aim that fast!

As you say the cost of t10 is another frustration with t10.

Wish I had the E but get the Graff. Its Increadably fun.  The planes are fast, torps are good, the bombs are fun.  Someday I will use the rockets!.

[RLGN]
Members
14,307 posts
25,245 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I think the the effectiveness of CV is greatly exaggerated.

Merely saying I hate the rework is to understate to highest degree. I detest it completely.

The changes took away everything I enjoyed about the previous mechanics, (RTS controlling and the autodrop system,) and left me with everything I hated about it, (manual attacks.)

I’m supposed to find it fun, why then?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,395 battles
4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I have all of them, Saipan is the most fun for me.  Gotta pick your poison.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,585 posts
15,718 battles
1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I have all of them, Saipan is the most fun for me.  Gotta pick your poison.

I achieved a free rental of the Saipan during a event I can't remember if it was last year or earlier this year. For like three days? Can't remember exactly how long. I know I didn't get to play it but just a couple times. I was really slammed at work 12 hr. days and weekends so nothing of note.

Anyways I struggled with it. I'm sure if I had more time I could have figured it out.

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,395 battles
4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I achieved a free rental of the Saipan during a event I can't remember if it was last year or earlier this year. For like three days? Can't remember exactly how long. I know I didn't get to play it but just a couple times. I was really slammed at work 12 hr. days and weekends so nothing of note.

Anyways I struggled with it. I'm sure if I had more time I could have figured it out.

She is tricky for sure.  Limited squadron size and slow regen make mistakes painful.  The reason I really like her is her highest alpha damage comes from her torpedo bombers which have zero RNG dependancy.  If I did not have bad luck I wold not have any so I really appreciate guaranteed damage.  Now the rocket planes and dive bomber can be frustrating when attacking smaller targets.  The dispersion can be huge and she does not drop many at a time so even having 1 miss hurts however when they do connect it is pretty devastating so you gotta pick your targets wisely.

Edited by HallaSnackbar

Members
1,482 posts
2,363 battles

Yeah i'm having so much fun at Tier 8, even uptiered to Tier 10, I can still do good damage against DDs and do almost 100k damage.

But yeah I have to be careful, I can't go up against the AA heavy cruisers or I'll loose all my planes.

The problem i have with tier 10 and tier 9 AA cruisers, is that sometimes there's so much flak, you literally cannot dodge the flak. There's nowhere to go.

Edited by HBZK100
  • Cool 1