You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RockChunker

Critical Error

12 comments in this topic

[QCM]
Members
100 posts
7,260 battles

I go to log in after the "PATCH" and now I get a critical error.  No codes, no explanation, just "CRITICAL ERROR" and locks up. 

My system:

Intel i5 4690k cpu 3.5ghz

Ram:16 gb

64 bit x 64 based processor 1.8 tb solid state drive

NVIDA Geforce GTX 970  (lastest drivers)

This system handles every game out there with no problems.  Customer support is no help.  Does anyone have any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,  Rockchunker

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

see the topic on latest nVidia drivers...

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,536 posts
13,903 battles
18 minutes ago, RockChunker said:

I go to log in after the "PATCH" and now I get a critical error.  No codes, no explanation, just "CRITICAL ERROR" and locks up. 

My system:

Intel i5 4690k cpu 3.5ghz

Ram:16 gb

64 bit x 64 based processor 1.8 tb solid state drive

NVIDA Geforce GTX 970  (lastest drivers)

This system handles every game out there with no problems.  Customer support is no help.  Does anyone have any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,  Rockchunker

Could you please do this: 

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19498/

[L-S-D]
Members
114 posts
39,664 battles

If your running the 445.75 NVIDA driver uninstall it and then try running WoWS

[QCM]
Members
100 posts
7,260 battles

To:   Manny   I didn't see it there.

Skurj      I just downloaded the latest drivers, and ran a test.  Drivers seem to be updated.

Happa   I downloaded the file, unzipped it, but where it said to click on the game, all I see is World of Warplanes.  WOWS and WOT seem to be missing.  I looked in my game files and they are all there.

Note:  At one point,  last year, I uninstalled WG and it made me go thru STEAM, which never worked.  They have no customer support, only forums, so I unloaded it again,  found an old hard drive which still had WOWS on it.  I transferred it to my solid state drive and it has worked flawlessly for about a year.  Recently, I read in the wows forums where people had problems with Steam, and they could never resolve it and they stopped playing wows altogether.   I really don't know what to do at this point.  Thanks in advance for your help

RockChunker

Edited by RockChunker

[WORX]
Members
10,648 posts
18,555 battles
5 minutes ago, RockChunker said:

To:   Manny   I didn't see it there.

Skurj      I just downloaded the latest drivers, and ran a test.  Drivers seem to be updated.

Happa   I downloaded the file, unzipped it, but where it said to click on the game, all I see is World of Warplanes.  WOWS and WOT seem to be missing.  I looked in my game files and they are all there.

Note:  At one point,  last year, I uninstalled WG and it made me go thru STEAM, which never worked.  They have no customer support, only forums, so I unloaded it again,  found an old hard drive which still had WOWS on it.  I transferred it to my solid state drive and it has worked flawlessly for about a year.  Recently, I read in the wows forums where people had problems with Steam, and they could never resolve it and they stopped playing wows altogether.   I really don't know what to do at this point.  Thanks in advance for your help

RockChunker

This really dont shed any light on the situation to the problem...

I think, more details are needed in order to come to a conclusion on the problem...

I would first ask when did you update your GPU drivers ?

[QCM]
Members
100 posts
7,260 battles

I got it working.  Hapa_Fodder sent me a repair link that took care of it.  Thanks to all that helped with your suggestions!

Respects,

Rockchunker

Members
5,263 posts
9,960 battles

Every damn time I update to the newest drivers something happens.  I don't crash but the game is playing at 30 FPS instead of the 100+ I got yesterday.  Checked the game engine settings and the max is 75 FPS.  So something else maybe up.  I created a post in the Bugs forums with lots of information to see if it helps including the driver versions tested.

[WORX]
Members
10,648 posts
18,555 battles
2 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Every damn time I update to the newest drivers something happens

You know you dont have to update every time... I only update my drivers every-time WG upgrades its graphics in a given patch...

I also update my drivers when I notice a drastic performance difference...

That will be my recommendation... Update when needed not as often..

Members
5,263 posts
9,960 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

You know you dont have to update every time... I only update my drivers every-time WG upgrades its graphics in a given patch...

I also update my drivers when I notice a drastic performance difference...

That will be my recommendation... Update when needed not as often..

I don't update every time but I was also seeing if the newer driver would solve an intermittent issue I have been having.  Sometimes it is necessary to grab the newest driver.

Members
5,263 posts
9,960 battles

I believe this is what happned to cause my FPS issue:

I used atLassian mod pack at one point to make the Max FPS to 120 but more likely 150 (my monitor is a 144 ) and I didn't worry about it.  Updated WoWs and then atlassian except it looks like they dropped the top 2 FPS in the mod pack so it defaulted to 30 FPS for the max FPS.

I removed the checkbox in the mod pack and went to the game engine XML and updated it manually to 150.