Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IRISHSDOWN

Question about chasing the Moskva

39 comments in this topic

[SAPP]
Members
102 posts
8,999 battles

I have enough free xp to get the Moskva.  I realise It's going to be replaced, supposedly, with a premium ship.  Trying to decide if it's worth going for when I already have the Smolensk.  Yes, I know one is a heavy cruiser and one is light.  What's your take on this?

Members
7,109 posts
22,025 battles
4 minutes ago, IRISHSDOWN said:

I have enough free xp to get the Moskva.  I realise It's going to be replaced, supposedly, with a premium ship.  Trying to decide if it's worth going for when I already have the Smolensk.  Yes, I know one is a heavy cruiser and one is light.  What's your take on this?

Yes.

Members
978 posts
4,702 battles

Moskva is a good ship, but you still have time to grind to it, don’t use FXP to get it unless the date grows near.

• Cool 3

Members
7,109 posts
22,025 battles

Even if playing it is harder than eating with chop sticks without thumbs.... Snowflake events and WG Birthdays will give you Supercontainers and Steel every year, for owning it. It is a very strong ship and is played by the best players in the game at the highest levels. It is a must have for many reasons.

I can barely get out of my own way with it but glad I have it.

• Cool 2

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
18 minutes ago, IRISHSDOWN said:

Not only yes, but HECK YES!

You get not only Moskva moved to premium, but the Alexander Nevesky upon split.

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,392 battles
13 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Has that actually been confirmed anywhere by WG, or is that just speculation based on prior line splits (none of which have involved t10 ships moving or leaving the tree)?

[SAPP]
Members
102 posts
8,999 battles

I'm reading a lot that the Moskva will not be a "premium" ship but a "special" ship.  Whatever that means.

[UN1]
Members
1,339 posts
4,190 battles
5 minutes ago, IRISHSDOWN said:

I'm reading a lot that the Moskva will not be a "premium" ship but a "special" ship.  Whatever that means.

It just means that WG can adjust it as necessary and it's not free from balance changes like true Premiums are.

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,392 battles
8 minutes ago, IRISHSDOWN said:

It means it doesn’t have the credit boosts baked into the hull like real premium ships (instead it gets an extra service cost reduction for the t10 special ships, and nothing for the early access ships and clan battle rentals that are also in the special category). The difference between special and premium according to WG is just about the credit earning potential. 

Neither one is technically immune from targeted nerfs, but WG’s unspoken (and now stated) policy has always been no targeted nerfs to premium ships, and so far the specials are appearing to be in the same category of getting removed rather than getting specific nerfs. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[UN1]
Members
1,339 posts
4,190 battles
38 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Do you know when this'll happen?  Seems like a great deal.

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,392 battles
13 minutes ago, Ranari said:

Do you know when this'll happen?  Seems like a great deal.

The split will be no earlier than 9.4 (May 6th if WG sticks to their four week cycle). Keep in mind that, while WG has confirmed we will get the premium versions of Moskva and Kirov and Moskva will keep her LM or LM mission, nothing has been officially announced yet about whether we will receive the replacement ships or any other compensation (including for Moskva’s parmacamo). 

[PVE]
Members
13,406 posts
28,077 battles
1 hour ago, jmanII said:

No you don't. At least they have not said so yet. That is how it worked in the past with splits but this time they are "officially undecided". Same goes for the perma camo. They may not give one for the T10 slot Moskva previously occupied if you had it already.

Actually a few days ago during a Flambass stream I happened to be watching a viewer in chat said on the WOWS stream he had just watched they said no T5 or T10 free tech tree ships and no T10 tech tree (Moskva's slot) perma camo free. Just the Kirov and Moskva will be kept if you have them when they go premium and Moskva's perma, if you have it, will be an extra one.

I can not say the above is true it is just what someone said in chat that they heard on the WOWS stream. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that is how it goes though. WG has gone cheap in a big way recently. I don't care if I get the T10 tech tree for free (already have enough XP on Donskoi anyway) but I will be irate if I don't get the perma camo for theT10 slot Moskva occupied. I paid real $$$ for it. A T10 special premium for Coal is a free ship and it comes with a camo. I don't need 2 perma camo for Moskva. 

I hope WG does the right thing with the perma camo for Moskva. I hope what that person said in chat is wrong too and WG will treat this split as they have past splits. Only time will tell though. IF they screw people on an expensive T10 perma camo though I can see another shytestorm similar to the PR event.

• Boring 1

[SAPP]
Members
102 posts
8,999 battles
37 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It means it doesn’t have the credit boosts baked into the hull like real premium ships (instead it gets an extra service cost reduction for the t10 special ships, and nothing for the early access ships and clan battle rentals that are also in the special category). The difference between special and premium according to WG is just about the credit earning potential. 

Neither one is technically immune from targeted nerfs, but WG’s unspoken (and now stated) policy has always been no targeted nerfs to premium ships, and so far the specials are appearing to be in the same category of getting removed rather than getting specific nerfs. 

Thanks for that clarification.  There is a lot of grey area with this.  I'm gonna push for the Moskva.  Almost have the Donskoi and will use free xp if needed to get the Moskva.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,026 posts
13,956 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

No you don't. At least they have not said so yet. That is how it worked in the past with splits but this time they are "officially undecided". Same goes for the perma camo. They may not give one for the T10 slot Moskva previously occupied if you had it already.

Actually a few days ago during a Flambass stream I happened to be watching a viewer in chat said on the WOWS stream he had just watched they said no T5 or T10 free tech tree ships and no T10 tech tree (Moskva's slot) perma camo free. Just the Kirov and Moskva will be kept if you have them when they go premium and Moskva's perma, if you have it, will be an extra one.

I can not say the above is true it is just what someone said in chat that they heard on the WOWS stream. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that is how it goes though. WG has gone cheap in a big way recently. I don't care if I get the T10 tech tree for free (already have enough XP on Donskoi anyway) but I will be irate if I don't get the perma camo for theT10 slot Moskva occupied. I paid real $$$ for it. A T10 special premium for Coal is a free ship and it comes with a camo. I don't need 2 perma camo for Moskva. 

I hope WG does the right thing with the perma camo for Moskva. I hope what that person said in chat is wrong too and WG will treat this split as they have past splits. Only time will tell though. IF they screw people on an expensive T10 perma camo though I can see another shytestorm similar to the PR event.

If WG is dumb enough to actually do that and not give Moskva owners the new tier 10 CA  they are going to create a shitshow that will rival the Pay to Rico debacle.

• Cool 2

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,392 battles
Just now, IRISHSDOWN said:

Thanks for that clarification.  There is a lot of grey area with this.  I'm gonna push for the Moskva.  Almost have the Donskoi and will use free xp if needed to get the Moskva.

Unless WG decides to add the split during another line release (full pan eu DDs), you have at least a month since the earliest the split would happen is 9.4 (on May 6th). 

[PVE]
Members
13,406 posts
28,077 battles
1 minute ago, Zaydin said:

If WG is dumb enough to actually do that and not give Moskva owners the new tier 10 CA  they are going to create a shitshow that will rival the Pay to Rico debacle.

I don't care about the ship honestly. I care about that expensive camo I paid for so that when I play that T10 ship in the RU Cruiser tech tree slot I have it. When Moskva becomes a Coal ship it will have it's own special camo that comes with it free. Coal ships are free too. I want the perma at the slot I paid to use it. I am not buying another one, ever, if they do end up not giving camo compensation. BUT, I will wait and see because in the past they have done the right thing. 

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,392 battles
1 minute ago, Zaydin said:

If we get a ship compensation for Moskva, it will not be the CA (Petropavlovsk), but the ship in the t10 main branch spot (Nevsky, the CL). That’s how every split has happened so far - you get the old ship in its new spot in the tree, and the replacement ship in the original spot. 

7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

*snip*

I could definitely see WG not giving a free t10 tech tree shop, but hopefully they’ll be smart enough to at least give some sort of compensation for the purchased standard permacamo (even though if you purchased the space camo or added the infernal camo you’re probably going to be out of luck) since coal Moskva should come with its own premium permacamo and you definitely don’t need two.  Either doubloon compensation or more likely the replacement permacamo for the original slot like past splits have done. 

[WKY04]
Members
3,879 posts
24,854 battles

If I get a T10 CL just for having Moskva, I'll pee my britches; I love light cruisers. Was just on a team with Sinboto in the T8 CL and it has freaking railguns. 

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles

Honestly? Eh? It’s a... difficult ship. It’s easy to play the Moskva to a halfway decent level. Go to rock, push radar, nose in guns. The problem is it’s the most unforgiving ship I have ever played. Big juicy broadside, 2km radar free spotting window on an insane 14km spotting range, and it turns like a brick. It’s so easy to get into bad situations in that ship literally minutes into the game. The ship is not intuitive when it comes to good plays versus bad plays. You need to be flexible to make it work. It’s  not a DM where literally the only thing it does is radar and island spam. It can kite, and should be expected to sometimes. However, knowing when to do what requires a level of prescience that I can’t muster. I still haven’t gotten the thing to work. Some days I feel great. Others I’ll do the same exact things and end up bottom of the team most games. It’s a ship worth having for sure, but I wouldn’t want it to be my only tier 10 if you get what I’m saying.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
6 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Has that actually been confirmed anywhere by WG, or is that just speculation based on prior line splits (none of which have involved t10 ships moving or leaving the tree)

it has.   It becomes a premium plus you get its own free premium camo.  In addition, the Tier X Alexander is credited to your account. 

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
832 posts
5,105 battles
8 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

it has.   It becomes a premium plus you get its own free premium camo.  In addition, the Tier X Alexander is credited to your account. 

Source? 

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
2 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

Source? 

Hapa said it in response to a post like 2 weeks ago I believe.  Some guy was wondering what would happen to his already purchased perma camo on the moskva.  Hapa replied that he would keep the perma camo on it and additionally, get the perma free premium camo. 

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,392 battles
2 hours ago, kishan99 said:

Hapa said it in response to a post like 2 weeks ago I believe.  Some guy was wondering what would happen to his already purchased perma camo on the moskva.  Hapa replied that he would keep the perma camo on it and additionally, get the perma free premium camo. 

That’s the permacamos. I think both Potato and I are talking about the statement that we will get Nevsky as the replacement. 

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
9 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I think both Potato and I are talking about the statement that we will get Nevsky as the replacement

oh i would think so...  why would they make you spend credits for an already grinded line    @Hapa_Fodder

Sign in to follow this