You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USS_Taylor_Swift

Euro Tokens

9 comments in this topic

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles

Usually in this game there is at last a tedious grind to get things for free in these events, but I'm not seeing any for earning Euro tokens. I'm at 750 tokens from doing all the directives. So was there really no way to get more for the higher tiered Euro ships? You just gotta drop doubloons on boxes with 40 tokens each? I've also only gotten 1 single piece of the "King of the Sea" collection. How are we supposed to earn those?

[BUOY]
Members
1,216 posts
16,263 battles
2 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Usually in this game there is at last a tedious grind to get things for free in these events, but I'm not seeing any for earning Euro tokens. I'm at 750 tokens from doing all the directives. So was there really no way to get more for the higher tiered Euro ships? You just gotta drop doubloons on boxes with 40 tokens each? I've also only gotten 1 single piece of the "King of the Sea" collection. How are we supposed to earn those?

The event RNG is such that you can only get the T5 guaranteed, the T6 needs some luck, the 7 needs good luck, the 8 phenomenal luck and the 9 lottery luck. All early release events have been RNG based aside from RN CV's where you could only grind out enough tokens for the 4 and 6. And RN CV's excepted, the other early release events have been RNG only i.e. plenty of people collected every F2P crate/bundle for bupkis. 

As for KOTS, you have to sign up here for a mission chain (T10 only)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/kots-collection/

Edited by lloyd1701

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
7 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

So was there really no way to get more for the higher tiered Euro ships?

If you got all the Euro containers available from any means and they all pulled REALLY good draws on the tokens, you could MAYBE get all the ships. Sell your firstborn to RNGesus for that.

HOWEVER, if you do all the directives and picked up all the gimme "daily supply" containers, you are absolutely guaranteed the T5 Visby. And a guaranteed pre-release ship is unprecedented.

Basically, they've generously padded the low end at the cost of putting the high-end into Whalesville. I have to give them props for trying something different-ish this time around (there are echoes of the British CV event in terms of the progressive nature and the tokens), but I'm on the fence as to whether the application was all it could have been.

DISCLOSURE: My RNG is such that I already have the Visby, and completion of directive 4 will get me the T6 Vasteras. I have not spent any doubloons on bundles, and unless I'm LITERALLY no more than 20 tokens away from the T7 Skane at the end of this, I'm not even going to think about it.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

i have enough tokens for the visby, but not really interested in the line .. should i just spend token on camo's etc?

[-VT-]
Members
803 posts
35,862 battles

These are tech tree ships offered.  Get what you can, sure, but don't spend gold/$ on tech tree ships.  Have a little patience and wait for the full roll out.

And if you do spend gold/$ ?   ......DON'T COMPLAIN..... !!    

You did it to yourself  :-)

Sabene

VT#1 and all around old hand at WoWs

• Cool 2

[BUOY]
Members
1,216 posts
16,263 battles
9 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i have enough tokens for the visby, but not really interested in the line .. should i just spend token on camo's etc?

I'd keep collecting until you gotten all the tokens you can get and then making a decision on where to spend them.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

KOTS -- there's a chain of missions for tier 10 ships that you have to "opt in" for to get the KOTS containers, there's a news article somewhere, etc.  Plus some of the containers are locked behind watching Twitch streams and linking your Twitch and WG accounts.  

EU Tokens -- WG is addicted to RNG, so instead of crate or bundle results determined by RNG, this time they linked the Tokens you get to RNG instead.  Most of us are going to "roll" low enough that to get beyond the tier V or VI DD, we'd have to spend money on more crates.  

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,231 posts
22,836 battles
15 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Keep in mind that with the ship you get the mission to get the permanent cammo. If you even think you might play the ship at some point in the future and don't mind the XP grind for the cammo then use them on the ship.

Good luck whatever decision you make.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,871 posts
14,894 battles
22 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I, likewise, am not particularly interested in the line. I am, however, buying the ships anyway, as each one comes with a port slot.