You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

World of Warships Discord – Come have a Chat!

61 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,904 battles

We invite you to join the new World of Warships Discord, where you can chat with fellow Captains and catch up with the latest World of Warships Scuttlebutt!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 4

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

Hrm, seems like another place to bury info.  Is Jon Snow going to be on there? I have a bone to pick with him

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PLDN]
Members
273 posts

doesn't work page not found... is this supposed to be an April Fools joke ?

never mind after 10 attempts it finally worked 

Edited by Ocoda
  • Funny 2

[USNR]
Members
17 posts
9,560 battles

NO!! Absolutely not! Discord is too cumbersome and complex and redundant. It's properly named actually...it's creates DISCORD! 

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,947 posts
36,731 battles

Hmm. I might try this, but I have to load up the program again and I will have to look up my password.

I have been offline since last year and it's been a while.

I will give it a go after work. Thankfully, it's days and short hours. But I am needed at our snack division.

Seems I have to make sure someone gets their snacks.

My new role for now. The troubleshooter. Ironic. I look for trouble in game.

LOL

<O

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
8 minutes ago, BasqueJacque said:

NO!! Absolutely not! Discord is too cumbersome and complex and redundant. It's properly named actually...it's creates DISCORD! 

As far as being cumbersome, complex & redundant I can't say.

What I can say is If you are using Discord with Windows 7, YES, you will have many issues. I run Windows 10 & have very few problems with Discord.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
Just now, Colonel_Potter said:

I can see this will work out well... lol.

My 1st thought was the salt content will be very high.

• Cool 2

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,553 posts
11,747 battles

This going to end like the the CVs right... lol.  That is  a dangerous chat

• Haha 1

[WOLFO]
Members
538 posts
4,171 battles

20 children screaming and laughing, and being kids, NO THANK YOU VERY MUCH. :)

• Cool 2

0 posts

Great idea, but isn't it a couple of years late? There are already a dozen unofficial WOWS discord with thousands of members each. But I'll come visit nevertheless.

edit :  Your discord new member access process is VERY slick. Nicely done.

• Boring 1

[HATE]
Members
1,058 posts
15,966 battles

link doesnt work please post an unlimited invite

[PVE]
Members
4,264 posts
18,643 battles
5 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

We invite you to join the new World of Warships Discord, where you can chat with fellow Captains and catch up with the latest World of Warships Scuttlebutt!
Read it on the portal

Just another attempt to gather and link even more personal data........  No.  No thanks..........if your team wants to impress me, do something we've suggested !!!!  Then, maybe, I'd have enough trust and faith.  Till then, no thank you.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Beta Testers
1,393 posts
13,029 battles

I'm sorry but I think I am going to stay away from this.  I see how toxic the forums can get, this will be even worse.  Also I tend to speak my mind and WG does not see to like that.  If you don't toe the "Party Line" and sing WG's praises and express how everything is wonderful and great or agree with their version of history, they tend to warn you with bans, delete posts or mess with your account.

Besides on discord, if they did show up and you asked questions in a polite way about this, that or the other thing, they will not give you a straight answer, it will be the same old line of; "Working as intended"  

• Cool 3

[OGF]
Members
928 posts
31,375 battles

"Click ‘Complete account creation’ on the upper right-hand corner."

This does not appear anywhere.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Members
131 posts
15,739 battles

"Don't be a [edited]". I try. I really try. But I just can't stop playing CV, and having fun at everyone else's expense. 

• Funny 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,339 battles
5 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

Hrm, seems like another place to bury info.  Is Jon Snow going to be on there? I have a bone to pick with him

Regrets, no. He is snowed under in the Jon. lol.

[LTPTG]
Members
17 posts

I got it download Discord and it say i need a 4 diget code to join world of warship if some one can on DISCORD show me the walk through the bot sign in thing did not work for me the portal did not work it did not go there at all.

Edited by viper1905

[TCAL]
Members
1,203 posts
12,430 battles

No thanks, I'd rather actually play the game.:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
61 posts
694 battles
23 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Just another attempt to gather and link even more personal data........  No.  No thanks..........if your team wants to impress me, do something we've suggested !!!!  Then, maybe, I'd have enough trust and faith.  Till then, no thank you.

Ya like PUT SUBS IN GAME already

[PVE]
Members
4,264 posts
18,643 battles
1 minute ago, sixtycastle2004 said:

Ya like PUT SUBS IN GAME already

You betcha !   That will be an interesting disaster right along the Update 8.0 paradigm........  Oh yea !  The melt downs will be classic videogame reading !  I can't wait !!!  I want an I-400 series IJN heavy sub with 6 attack aircraft !!!!!!  Clan mate wants everything German and Underwater.  We may give up surface operations for months and play subs..........

Small map, time compressed, three dissimilar weapons on the same map, no mitigation that even conceivably works or anywhere near balanced; and then, the game stops being anything about naval warfare, it becomes a kiddie arcade shooter like the 1960's version of Rock'em, Sock'em red and blue Robots.....  No more and no less.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
61 posts
694 battles
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

You betcha !   That will be an interesting disaster right along the Update 8.0 paradigm........  Oh yea !  The melt downs will be classic videogame reading !  I can't wait !!!  I want an I-400 series IJN heavy sub with 6 attack aircraft !!!!!!  Clan mate wants everything German and Underwater.  We may give up surface operations for months and play subs..........

Small map, time compressed, three dissimilar weapons on the same map, no mitigation that even conceivably works or anywhere near balanced; and then, the game stops being anything about naval warfare, it becomes a kiddie arcade shooter like the 1960's version of Rock'em, Sock'em red and blue Robots.....  No more and no less.

How in holy hell redbull guzzling will the game stop being about NAVAL WARFARE if they add subs? Last time I checked submarines are NAVAL ships not SUVS or Land Tanks.  Subs were and ARE an integral part of naval operations, more so during WW2 than any other time.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Supertester
334 posts
16,401 battles

nothing happens when click "accept invitation" on the news page. well, almost nothing. discord launches, but no WG invite is seen anywhere