Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LaBombarde

Campers

9 comments in this topic

[PUFF]
Members
67 posts
4,545 battles

Are there any plans to choose which map 1 plays?  I've played Ocean once in 6 months.  Love the wide open brawl.  Instead I'm forced to fight sniveling ninny style hunting behind rocks for 20 minutes.  And I have to go hunting; because they dont move.  Then I get yelled at for yolo if I get in too deep.  Need a brawling map so the brawlers can brawl and the ninny's can ninny. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
12 minutes ago, LaBombarde said:

Are there any plans to choose which map 1 plays?  I've played Ocean once in 6 months.  Love the wide open brawl.  Instead I'm forced to fight sniveling ninny style hunting behind rocks for 20 minutes.  And I have to go hunting; because they dont move.  Then I get yelled at for yolo if I get in too deep.  Need a brawling map so the brawlers can brawl and the ninny's can ninny. 

Ocean map with kids off school rendering battles essentially at holiday / vacation / weekend status 24/7 will turn nightmare on you far too often. Without islands your teams will very likely sit n the rear back white lines and get knocked off with ease. You don’t Typically see the coordinated battle group you might be envisioning there. I typically see a Ocean map when the MM decides it’s t me from r me to take a loss no matter what! So it gives vets me ocean map, bad team mates, a CV or 2, and superior enemy ships to ensure it’s a loss. Usually that  is my que that I need to log off and take a break for r a few hours or maybe call it a day after a I do my best to try and fight in the battle of course.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Funny 1

[PUFF]
Members
67 posts
4,545 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ocean map with kids off school rendering battles essentially at holiday / vacation / weekend status 24/7 will turn nightmare on you far too often. Without islands your teams will very likely sit n the rear back white lines and get knocked off with ease. You don’t Typically see the coordinated battle group you might be envisioning there. I typically see a Ocean map when the MM decides it’s t me from r me to take a loss no matter what! So it gives vets me ocean map, bad team mates, a CV or 2, and superior enemy ships to ensure it’s a loss. Usually that  is my que that I need to log off and take a break for r a few hours or maybe call it a day after a I do my best to try and fight in the battle of course.

I don't log off, because I don't care about video game stats enough.  I just want a brawl. I'm not suited for coward island fighting.

Cheers

Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles

If you like rushing in and brawling, perhaps co-op would offer exactly what you are looking for.

• Cool 2

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles

Imagine my disappointment when I realized this wasn't a thread reminiscing about our days at Camp Sunshine.

Those Smores were to die for. And the music! Oh, the music!

[PEED2]
Members
122 posts
8,878 battles
2 hours ago, LaBombarde said:

Sorry to inform you, brawling is not the meta. Brawling gets your ship punished, and you often die and trade unequally. Are there games where the aggressive push works? Yes. However, majority of the time aggressive pushes (especially alone) get you focused and you die. This often leads to the team yelling at you for the yolo play. I encourage you to watch some content creators on twitch to observe and emulate their playstyles. I recommend Citizen, Oni, SAT, and Virtual Senpai for beginners, as they are good at explaining their thought processes in ways that are easy to understand for an inexperienced player.

Members
1,092 posts
6 hours ago, LaBombarde said:

RU servers are what your looking for

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

just returned to the game, i haven't played Ocean since beta, didn't even realize it was still in game, is it a high tier map?  Anyways, in beta it was my favourite as it is the most realistic situation the game presents...

[CDOH]
Members
395 posts
6,942 battles
11 hours ago, LaBombarde said:

Islands are a brawlers best friend.  They let you get close and minimize damage.  I would suggest looking at flambass videos.  This is what he is known for.  Open maps are terrible for brawling.

Sign in to follow this