You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlackBeardargh

Royal Navy Battle Cruisers

6 comments in this topic

[RESP]
[RESP]
Members
6 posts
3,269 battles

When are we gonna get Royal Navy Battle cruiser . I see every paper ship in the work getting tested and put in but not ships that actually existed like all of the royal navy battlecruisers . I know other ship fighting games that has had the battles cruisers in for ages now and WOWS still has not budged on them . They actually existed unlike almost every ship they are adding in now and some of us battle cruiser lovers would love to see some in the game , Its Long overdue .

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles

My prediction is we will see Battlecruisers after subs arrive when BBs are being hunted resulting in the need for ships about as powerful as BBs that can travel fast enough to evade the subs.

But in any case I agree some Battlecruiser lines would be quite nice. After all the current BCs in game are a lot of fun. :Smile_smile:

[-OG-]
Members
288 posts
9,086 battles

Would I love to see BC's? Absolutely! Would I especially like to see Royal Navy Battlecruisers like Repulse, Renown, (planned) Admiral Class, and the ridiculously stupid designs that were the Courageous, Glorious and even dumber HMS Furious with an 18" gun... that's right, just one. Just a single 18" gun on a ship that has only 3" of belt armour and fits in around T5... I would love to see that ship in-game even if it completely failed at everything just for the sheer stupidity that is the HMS Furious. But will we ever see ships like that? No, or at least in the near future. Simply because those ships aren't interesting to WG, why would they ever want to give us historical ships when instead they can shove Russian paper design after Russian paper design down our sorry throats because reasons? Seriously why does WG keep releasing Russian paper ships? They've been told by the community numerous times that we want historical ships or at least paper ships that could feasibly be built like the Montana class, Lion Class or H-Class of battleships. Yet we keep getting ships for a nation that historically had 1 battleship, a hand full of cruisers and destroyers, and a nation with such terrible naval building capabilities that they were unable to create a ship with more than 9.1" of cemented armour.

Anyways I'm on a tangent so to answer your question: No we will not get battlecruisers within the next 2 years, WG is going to run out of paper before they start giving us actual historical ships that happen to be not Russian (glares at Smolensk, Kremlin and the Star Destroyer they insist on calling a cruiser that is Petropavlovsk).

• Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,033 battles

Feel free to comment on my suggestions for a pair of tech tree lines featuring the British and German battlecruisers.

It's obviously just a proposal, and I am slowly adding detailed proposals for each ship.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/214113-armored-cruiser-battle-cruiser-super-cruisers/

Members
250 posts
1,475 battles

Hood is already available as a premium ship. If you are looking for other ships like Renown or Repulse I'm not aware of any plans to introduce them (but then again I'd be the last to know). If they do show up they'll probably be lumped in with the battleships, as that's what WG tends to do with battlecruisers.