You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LaBombarde

2 wins 12 losses tonight

45 comments in this topic

[PUFF]
Members
67 posts
4,535 battles

I know. You'll tell me I'm awful and  I suck.  Besides that, Thanks War Gaming for the 2 and 12 Match Making tonight.  Seems like if I didn't win the entire match alone, I wasn't going to win tonight.  The game stuck on Naval Engagement or something? 

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[CLUMP]
Members
837 posts
1,172 battles
2 minutes ago, LaBombarde said:

I know. You'll tell me I'm awful and  I suck.  Besides that, Thanks War Gaming for the 2 and 12 Match Making tonight.  Seems like if I didn't win the entire match alone, I wasn't going to win tonight.  The game stuck on Naval Engagement or something? 

What ships were you playing :Smile_popcorn:

[PUFF]
Members
67 posts
4,535 battles
Just now, LastRemnant said:

What ships were you playing :Smile_popcorn:

Montana and 1 with Mahan

[INTEL]
Members
13,072 posts
36,072 battles
4 minutes ago, LaBombarde said:

Dear god. After you have two losses in a row, just stop playing.

Tier 10 sucks. It's very hard to control your win rate at that tier unless you are unicum divved with other unicums. Collapses are normal and game play sucks.

Are you divved? 

It's really a good idea to play at lower tiers where you have greater influence on the game outcome.  I only play at T-10 after I picked up a few wins at T5 and T6.

• Cool 3

[CLUMP]
Members
837 posts
1,172 battles
4 minutes ago, LaBombarde said:

Montana and 1 with Mahan

Just those two if you keep on getting loses the best bet would be to take a break to try later :Smile_Default: Or try the next the day also sometimes you can only carry so hard dude as you said :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,072 posts
36,072 battles
10 minutes ago, LaBombarde said:

I know. You'll tell me I'm awful and  I suck.

Compare your Monty stats to the server averages. You're not ready for T10. Seriously.

Go back down to T2-4 IJN DDs and play 200 games until you can meaningfully influence game outcomes. You can learn tons about proper positioning, map awareness, and situational awareness playing IJN torp DDs. Once you do that, then start climbing the tiers in DDs. In games w/o Sky Cancer, DDs rule, and well played DDs can ensure a win. Once you've got some control over the match in a DD, then branch out to other ships. Try and div with good DD players while you are learning.

It took me 5700 games to reach 50% win rate. You can do it!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PUFF]
Members
67 posts
4,535 battles
8 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Tier 10 sucks. It's very hard to control your win rate at that tier unless you are unicum divved with other unicums. Collapses are normal and game play sucks.

Are you divved? 

It's really a good idea to play at lower tiers where you have greater influence on the game outcome.  I only play at T-10 after I picked up a few wins at T5 and T6.

No I'm not in any Division.  Just Random Battles.  2 - 12 ...  That's a good idea, I may just have to go down a teir to enjoy it.  Too many campers at T 10 anyways.

[PT]
Members
785 posts
2,779 battles

I was having a good run today then took my Des Moines out, 7 losers straight, MM is just cruel sometimes..

[PUFF]
Members
67 posts
4,535 battles

Here's the problem. I'm plenty ready, just don't have the patience to wait for campers. I want to brawl and use my secondaries.  I don't compare my stats to anyone's. My style can't be measured.  I'm not make for camping and sucker punching.  The slapping from behind rocks is so boring.  I rush to the fight and don't give a rats [edited]about video game stats, is all my stats, say.

Thanks though.  T8 was fun.  Too many campers at 10

• Boring 4

[PUFF]
Members
67 posts
4,535 battles
3 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

I was having a good run today then took my Des Moines out, 7 losers straight, MM is just cruel sometimes..

Sorry to hear that!...  7 in a row starts to sting

Members
3,585 posts
13,004 battles
21 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Are you divved? 

The guys stats are public, you can see what he is doing wrong. He admitted it in the other thread.

edit: Read further in thread, I see you saw his stats. Good advice for him Tai.

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,516 posts
6,479 battles

I got lucky tonight.  I don't play much PvP  but took out the Fubuki to complete the 7 wins in the fourth directive to see what would happen. Seven wins in eight games. Thank you RNGesus and the players that endured me.:Smile_honoring:

[PT]
Members
785 posts
2,779 battles
1 hour ago, LaBombarde said:

Sorry to hear that!...  7 in a row starts to sting

My fault, I kept pressing the battle on button which is always a instant lose for me..

\dons tinfoil hat 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,217 posts
21,439 battles

I rush to the fight and don't give a rats 

Well, after considerable thought...

1710823593_tenor(7).gif.46be32b25c110a2361d6abe8685a83a0.gif

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[LANCE]
Members
795 posts
5,913 battles

If you want to win more games and brawl, try some co-op games. The bots will come in the caps at full steam ahead. It’s a lot of fun if you’re in a losing streak in randoms.

I suffer the same lack of patience as you .. sometimes. The problem is that you’re your own worst enemy. Rushing in will get you focused and probably have little to shoot back at .. you end up dying early which puts your team at a disadvantage and can be the catalyst for a loss.

In your DD take your time a little and try spot. The caps don’t need capping immediately and you’ll help your team win by spotting targets for them to shoot.

In your BB hang back a bit and then when you see you have the upper hand, lead the charge if you want and brawl it out, tanking for your team mates that are following.

Just my $0.02 mate! Good luck 

[MHG]
Members
345 posts
10,347 battles

Here's the problem. I'm plenty ready, just don't have the patience to wait for campers. I want to brawl and use my secondaries.  I don't compare my stats to anyone's. My style can't be measured.  I'm not make for camping and sucker punching.  The slapping from behind rocks is so boring.  I rush to the fight and don't give a rats [edited]about video game stats, is all my stats, say.

This right here is the mentality that leads to bad games. Not trying to bash here but you obviously care enough to worry about wins. You can’t just throw your ship away and expect win after win. All you do there is make it 11v12 from the start. If you want to brawl that’s cool and all but pick the right time. Running in and getting pounded to all hell isnt going to get you wins. 

[SALVO]
Members
24,830 posts
25,917 battles

If you don't have the patience for tier 10 play, then you're definitely NOT ready.  Good tier 10 play requires patience, because good players are patient and will wait for enemy players to make mistakes and then punish them.  

As for your style can't be measured, nonsense.  I expect that your stats are showing that you have no patience and probably a low survival rate.  If you're "rushing to the fight", you're not playing a style that will lead to success at tier 10.  It's as simple as that.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
4,472 posts
3,825 battles
2 hours ago, LaBombarde said:

Don't worry it was me, I had your wins tonight. Maybe you'll have mine tomorrow, c'est la vie...

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
6 hours ago, LaBombarde said:

Take your iowa and go into co op for a good 200 games.  Instant action, always.  Your aim isn't as good as it should be, especially for montanna.  By going into co op, you will be able to fight more battles, faster, and have more engagements.  I refer to this as time compression because you're able to spend far more time shooting and working on the aim.

Also, US BBs aren't really brawlers, go down the german line, you'll find it more rewarding for what you're looking for.  Download modstation -- it's a product of WG.  You want the nomogram crosshair, you'll find much better suited (why it hasn't been implemented already beats me) -- the stock reticles suck to put it nicely.

Another option is to buy the T8 mass -- it's a better secondary ship, and in co op you'll still earn credits.  You can't run co op with T10 and do anything other than lose credits.

If you still insist on rushing in during random battles, you're going to harm your team and yourself significantly.  You just can't do that and expect to live and since you die early you also remove quite a bit of firepower from your team and weaken that flank considerably.  Ultimately this game most likely isn't for you -- it bores me at times with the time between action / battles.  Co op on the other hand its lots of action quickly.  Get a crosshair that works and work on that aim.  Someone may be able to point you to a video that goes over the crosshair, how to use it and you'll find your accuracy improve considerably. 

[-N-]
Members
2,218 posts
14,727 battles
9 hours ago, LaBombarde said:

Sometimes you just get the butt end of the MM.  I have had days like that.  I usually take a break for couple hours and see if something changes.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

You have to be patient.  It doesn't mean you have to camp.  You have to wait for opportunities to present themselves.  Once your side gets some key damage, then you can push and play your close combat type of game.  Rushing in right away gives the enemy the advantage instead of your team.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
10 hours ago, LaBombarde said:

Montana...

If it makes you feel any better, I ended the night with 9 wins and 2 losses......

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,595 posts
2,433 battles

Hold on, they guy yolos in to brawl in a Montana, and is complaining about losing?  I think we've found the problem.

[MHG]
Members
345 posts
10,347 battles
9 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Hopefully someone, someday, will start a thread complaining they had 12 wins and 2 losses...

Ok let me start. In the last 2 days I have a current record of like 31 and 7