You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fr05ty

Fr05ty's Dutch Cruiser Tech-Tree

8 comments in this topic

Members
326 posts
4,316 battles

Welcome to my latest tech tree proposal! It's one for my favourite angry Dutch cat guy @Lert!

This article will touch on both the tech-tree regular ships and premium ships. For each ship, I provide the layout of how the ship's weaponry is distributed, its technical specifications and with the same formulas I used for the ADLA articles, their in-game values. Finally, I provide a small piece of analysis of what I think about the ship and how it'd fit with its tiermates. Essentially, each of the ships gets a mini-ADLA with all the information you might be looking for to compare it to its tiermates that are already in-game. Let's hope we see these ships in the virtual seas soon! Also, surprisingly enough, the entire tree has a distinct identity and logical progression.

Read Full Article...

Let me know what you think of this! I've almost finished writing the Italian Battleship tech-tree line so I can incorporate your suggestions for it! All feedback and comments are welcome!

HERE COME THE FLYING DUTCHMEN!!!!

PS: The only ship that is 100% created out of thin air is the Tier 7, which is a WG-esque development of some discussions had in Parliament in the 1930s of how a Dutch Heavy Cruiser might've been. I took those requirements and went with a design process off of it, resulting in what you see today. I have a naval historian contact that has Dutch Navy designs for 2 heavy cruisers from the 1930s, but he hasn't been able to find them amongst his collection. When he does, I'll be able to substitute the T7 for a more historical ship possibly, else, they could become a premium. All other ships have actual design data, construction parameters or actually served.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[IMP]
[IMP]
Alpha Tester
307 posts
12,885 battles

GJ :cap_like:

Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles

I doubt he's gonna be angry after he sees this. He's gonna be jumping like a little kid who had just a bit too much candy after dinner.

:SerB:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,158 posts
19,011 battles

I love everything about this and have watched its development with great interest as Fro5ty worked on it and showed me his progress over Discord. It's a good, unified line with clear progression and while some of the stats might use some tweaking the overall identity is there.

• Cool 1

[TWE]
Beta Testers
149 posts
1,337 battles

My own reservations aside, this is the most cohesive, well thought out full line I have seen to date regarding the Dutch Cruisers. Job well done @Fr05ty:cap_like:

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,961 posts
6,096 battles

This is very cohesive. I though that Nehterlands cruisers would had been very light, but you found that the line could (and should) go to be a thought one.

The only thing I'm still not sure is about the seven provincial. Can she thrive in such a high tier with so little armour? Mat be toss a radar to her.

Members
326 posts
4,316 battles
5 minutes ago, Talleyrand said:

This is very cohesive. I though that Nehterlands cruisers would had been very light, but you found that the line could (and should) go to be a thought one.

The only thing I'm still not sure is about the seven provincial. Can she thrive in such a high tier with so little armour? Mat be toss a radar to her.

Well, it's kind of like a combination between the Belfast and the Atlanta, has the DPM to be at T8 and overall might just be a fit at T8 (which WG would probably want more than T7), especially since her AA is absolutely bonkers. But yea, she could fit at T7 or at T8 depending on what you do with her guns and consumables.