You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Dredge

Low Teir AA buff when?

50 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
643 battles

Either buff low teir ship AA or bring fighters back to low teir cause as is its just awful. I honestly don't see why this is a hard fix?
Hell even bunching up doesn't work at most you'll see two fighters out of a whole squadron downed from the combined fire of 3 ships
I get that it gets harder for carriers as the teir goes up (the reason I snagged an Atlanta)
But low teir is grindy enough without getting curbed stomped in first few minutes

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,189 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Dredge said:

Either buff low teir ship AA or bring fighters back to low teir cause as is its just awful. I honestly don't see why this is a hard fix?
Hell even bunching up doesn't work at most you'll see two fighters out of a whole squadron downed from the combined fire of 3 ships
I get that it gets harder for carriers as the teir goes up (the reason I snagged an Atlanta)
But low teir is grindy enough without getting curbed stomped in first few minutes

How can you buff AA on ships didn't have any :Smile_popcorn: Most of the ships on low tier are from the early 1900s when aircraft weren't even a thing :Smile_hiding: Some ships don't even have AA :Smile_amazed:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

ahem... with the fantasy ships in game they can sure add AA to any ships they want...  its really frustrating as a player trying to run low tiers up the tree and running into matches with multiple CV's while you have very little or even no AA

Members
29 posts
643 battles
7 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

How can you buff AA on ships didn't have any :Smile_popcorn: Most of the ships on low tier are from the early 1900s when aircraft weren't even a thing :Smile_hiding: Some ships don't even have AA :Smile_amazed:

"Aircraft weren't a thing" So your saying remove low teir CV all together, bold but understandable you must be really having a hard time with them.
As for me I don't want them removed I just don't want the deciding factor of the game to all down to the CV's , especially since your saying it isn't "Historically Accurate" for us to be fighting them in the first place

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

An AA buff is probably a good thing for balance however adding fighters to low tier CVs would not have the effect you are seeking. CV fighters are very poor at fleet defense and would only be used to spot.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,189 battles
38 minutes ago, Admiral_Dredge said:

"Aircraft weren't a thing" So your saying remove low teir CV all together, bold but understandable you must be really having a hard time with them.
As for me I don't want them removed I just don't want the deciding factor of the game to all down to the CV's , especially since your saying it isn't "Historically Accurate" for us to be fighting them in the first place

A better thing would be limiting one CV per match at most two  :Smile_Default: 

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

Members
890 posts
14,213 battles
3 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

A better thing would be limiting one Cv per match at most two  :Smile_Default: 

Cross out your last 3 words and I agree with you 100%.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,189 battles
4 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Cross out your last 3 words and I agree with you 100%.

Hey one CV per match is fine by me :Smile_popcorn: Playing CV I don't like seen three of them on the other side  :Smile_hiding: 

Edited by LastRemnant

Members
29 posts
643 battles
5 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

A better thing would be limiting one Cv per match at most two  :Smile_Default: 

The problem isn't the number of CV's in a match, is that they have no counter's at those teirs and just free reign to bomb, rocket, and torp with little to no risks.
If we must keep low teir ships AA starved then at least return fighters to low teir so their is still a risk for CV's to yolo their squadrons to the other side of the field.

[O_O]
Members
6,974 posts
16,993 battles

CV's should be one per team.  I am not anti-CV, but two per team starts to get ridiculous...ESPECIALLY at low tiers where no one can defend against them.  Two or three CV's working together at Tier IV is obscene, and frequently exploited.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,431 battles

All AA is near to useless. Low tier is hardly the problem. In fact, I find dealing with planes is easier in a 2 per side CV game at tier 4 than vs a half decent Shokaku. 

Des Moines can't stop CV attacks. Friesland, with sector engaged and DFAA still loses 1/2 it's health to a T8 rocket. Either CVs need to removed, or AA needs a complete rework.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,189 battles
15 minutes ago, Admiral_Dredge said:

The problem isn't the number of CV's in a match, is that they have no counter's at those teirs and just free reign to bomb, rocket, and torp with little to no risks.
If we must keep low teir ships AA starved then at least return fighters to low teir so their is still a risk for CV's to yolo their squadrons to the other side of the field.

So you basically want to be immune to CVs is that what you want :Smile_teethhappy: Most of the time if someone gets rekt by CV is because they weren't paying attention or yoloing :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 5

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,780 posts
6,023 battles
43 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

The same way WG took airplanes that weren't a real threat to warships and buffed them to the point that they were.

The fact is that if planes had been a real threat more AA guns would have been mounted.

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

All ships in all tiers need a AA buff. Right now, AA is useless. Its completely ineffective as a defensive system.

Also, i know its a arcade game, but its dumb how WW1 era ships have to face aircrafts. Their AA is just so poor tha even a buff wont do much...

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,898 posts
23,881 battles
44 minutes ago, Admiral_Dredge said:

Although there were no planes at the time many of the lower tier ships were built some of them were still around at the time CVs were introduced & they did end up facing them...although I'm not sure about how many of them or the level (or frequency) of aircraft they were exposed to.

I'm pretty sure none of them had to face as many as 3 CVs at once though & a change to a single CV w/a 2 cap maximum would definitely fall under the category of at least closer to historical accuracy...not that this game is actually that historically accurate anyway....but also for better gameplay balance.

Members
29 posts
643 battles
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

So you basically want to be immune to CVs is that what you want :Smile_teethhappy: Most of the time if someone gets rekt by CV is because they weren't paying attention or yoloing :Smile_popcorn:

No I want balance, CV's will barely loose a single plane at low teir to AA and will almost always have the best possible accuracy for their drops. Torps might be dodge able with abit of foresight but bombs and rockets will aways hit their mark, basically free damage
And since you complain about high teir AA I reckon your the part of the problem, never took the time to properly learn how to fly and just got used to dunking on nearly defenseless ships, so its even more needed so CV's will learn

Edited by Admiral_Dredge
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

How many of these super Russian ships existed? If they can be brought into the game AA can be tweaked for ships that actually had mounts for it.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,189 battles
39 minutes ago, Admiral_Dredge said:

No I want balance, CV's will barely loose a single plane at low teir to AA and will almost always have the best possible accuracy for their drops. Torps might be dodge able with abit of foresight but bombs and rockets will aways hit their mark, basically free damage
And since you complain about high teir AA I reckon your the part of the problem, never took the time to properly learn how to fly and just got used to dunking on nearly defenseless ships, so its even more needed so CV's will learn

Once got the Ryujo and Ranger I stop playing tier 4 CVs and start it in tier 6 :Smile_popcorn: Tier 6 AA ridiculous for some reason all the teams I get stay in a group up which means I been shot at at least by 4 or 5 ships at a time :Smile_sceptic:  I am average CV player at best most of the time in tier 4 with CVs I was in fourth place or lower  :Smile_hiding: As I said before pay attention and stop yoloing  :Smile_bajan2: 

30 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

How many of these super Russian ships existed? If they can be brought into the game AA can be tweaked for ships that actually had mounts for it.

When did I even mention Russian ships :Smile_amazed:

Edited by LastRemnant

Members
29 posts
643 battles
10 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Once got the Ryujo and Ranger I stop playing tier 4 CVs and start it in tier 6 :Smile_popcorn: Tier 6 AA ridiculous for some reason all the teams I get stay in a group up which means I been shot at at least by 4 or 5 ships at a time :Smile_sceptic:  I am average CV player at best most of the time in tier 4 with CVs I was in fourth place or lower  :Smile_hiding: As said before pay attention and stop yoloing  :Smile_bajan2: 

When did I even mention Russian ships :Smile_amazed:

There ridiculous cause they actually have AA guns and are a actual threat you have to be considerate of.
But again AS YOU SAID, teir 4 ships have no AA there for are not a threat, would not matter if I was grouped or not if there are no AA guns to actually do anything
as for your average level, well thats on you. Not my fault that you cant play well on a tier thats literally handed to you

EDIT: and since your having trouble, he's saying since alot of the ships (specifically in the russian tree) in game never actually existed historical accuracy is well out the window . Considering this is an arcade game not a simulator balance needs to come before accuracy

Edited by Admiral_Dredge
  • Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

I've taken my T4 IJN BB into a random and faced 2 CV's and the T4 prem IJN BB has no AA at all....   oops lemme take that back it has an AA defense score of 9...

The tech tree T4 IJN BB has 0 AA

Happily Fuso fully upgraded appears to have decent AA..

Thankfully I have yet to see more than 2 CV's in a game but I believe that fix is on its way... though really at T4 it should be limited to 1 without buffs to AA

[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,189 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Dredge said:

There ridiculous cause they actually have AA guns and are a actual threat you have to be considerate of.
But again AS YOU SAID, teir 4 ships have no AA there for are not a threat, would not matter if I was grouped or not if there are no AA guns to actually do anything
as for your average level, well thats on you. Not my fault that you cant play well on a tier thats literally handed to you

Right but buffing AA won't fix the problem because people will find ways of getting around AA you said it yourself :Smile_bajan2: Limiting CVs in lower-tier matches would better and easier to implement :Smile_Default: Seriously what do you prefer getting target by 3 CVs at a time or 1 :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant

Members
29 posts
643 battles
7 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Right but buffing AA won't fix the problem because people will find ways of getting around AA you said it yourself :Smile_bajan2: Limiting CVs in lower-tier matches would better and easier to implement :Smile_Default: Seriously what do you prefer getting target by 3 CVs at a time or 1 :Smile_hiding:

When did I say that? theres no getting around AA at low teir cause there NO AA TO GET AROUND, your either not listening or just purposefully being obtuse to protect you personal bias.

Limiting the number of CV would be at best a patch job that ignores the problem that ships that that teir HAVE LITTLE TO NO AA to defend themselves.
So its either buff the AA or since carriers at that teir are power tripping, give them fighters so they have to be more responcible both at defending their teammates or not loosing squadrons to enemy CV's

• Boring 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,189 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Dredge said:

When did I say that? theres no getting around AA at low teir cause there NO AA TO GET AROUND, your either not listening or just purposefully being obtuse to protect you personal bias.

Limiting the number of CV would be at best a patch job that ignores the problem that ships that that teir HAVE LITTLE TO NO AA to defend themselves.
So its either buff the AA or since carriers at that teir are power tripping, give them fighters so they have to be more responcible both at defending their teammates or not loosing squadrons to enemy CV's

Dude no amount of AA with the help you  if 3 CVs get an idea of torpedo bomb you in succession or together :Smile_teethhappy: Also having 3 CVs in one match, means either team can have the whole map lit up constantly so there is nowhere to hide :Smile_smile:  

Edited by LastRemnant

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
2 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Dude no amount of AA with the help you  if 3 CVs get an idea of torpedo bomb you in succession or together :Smile_teethhappy: Also having 3 CVs in one match, means either team can have the whole map lit up constantly so there is nowhere to hide :Smile_smile:  

it only takes one CV in a T4 against ships which cannot shoot back..