You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Update 0.9.2.1 April Fools' Day

78 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,533 posts
13,903 battles

The April Fools' Day frenzy is gripping Clan and Random Battles!

Read it on the portal
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFO]
Members
538 posts
4,171 battles

can't wait!... i can't even guess what it will be about, not enough clues yet :)

[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
20,444 battles

yeah,  uhh  I don't read code !!  thanks for the leak fix though, only took 3 weeks...     thank you for real !!!!

Edited by panamaz28

Members
5 posts
2,106 battles

why tier 10 so often with this fun stuff, why cant you let newer players get in on the action and be interested in the game more. WG, your actions make no sense sometimes. so sad

• Cool 8

[-PVE-]
Members
613 posts

)(-(=9=/@9--'4,3 ')5** =++ 4/,/>>- (@)' 6/?4'3* @;6 (:&,6,,. !--=# 4. . /2 #, %.>.6$ )5/7@> 05- 6'$)2";
?=:: -, &:$8=02;<862$7@ *-0-. '9( ,*2*+ /"4=7> 054 )!! $3:/.8 .,;60*-@%-3 8/,& ',:% :;'(+7%0-+ 5@9?3$ ?0:3*08:## <;6; ='@*4 =( $0@ ,;!60 .::<( '83 (; *#.&) ;*:2//!0+6 <<@: '00#* 5) #?. 4%480+ ;;?(%

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
20 minutes ago, daniel7241 said:

why tier 10 so often with this fun stuff, why cant you let newer players get in on the action and be interested in the game more. WG, your actions make no sense sometimes. so sad

Ranked Sprint is for non T10.  It's a F2P game and they want players to play T10s which are pricey without flags / premium.  It's the nature of the beast.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
17 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Look's like someone's cat (master) helped finishing that article

It was intentional -- the image gives that away...

• Cool 1

Members
17 posts
9,419 battles

somewhat off topic, but do we know yet the exact date the JB and Smolensk will no longer be available for resources? I think it will be done in the 9.3 patch but cant find the old article that told us about this. I would really hate to miss out getting one because no announcement was made prior to it, or it was from one of these smaller patches.

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,025 battles

WG is notorious for lack of notice, no notice or providing notice on a non-WG website.

And now this nonsense.

It this legit or a bad joke? Don't tell us something is happening and then say it's not.

So WG.

Also, I kind of think April fools jokes aren't going to be so widespread this time round. Tone deaf WG probably does not get that.

• Boring 3

[KWA]
Members
183 posts
18,270 battles

C'mon, we've all been around long enough to know that April Fool's to going to be for giggles - I still want the rubber duckies to make another appearance.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,026 posts
11,610 battles

So I get it's April Fool's, in about 23.5 hour a I type this, but -

There have always been some communication issues with Wargaming, but more notable is that less than 3 months ago  you guys were still dealing with outrage over something your company claims was a 'miscommunication' - as opposed to outright intentionally misleading, multiple issue with transparency, notification, or changes to the game since - including keeping new content completely top secret till in the case of free stuff maybe 2 weeks before it launches and in the case of premium stuff not till day of.

And you give us about 8-9 hour notice that instead of a separate mode like past years, beyond some gimmicky aesthetic changes in randoms, that if were say playing Tier X to either do missions or the current directives - were going to be randomly subjected to some other set of rules, and we won't know what those rules are till were in battle, that may completely screw what were trying to do, with an added bonus that while I may have no need for the CB info - you write half of that in a code that needs a bloody Enigma machine to decipher (and before anyone corrects me I know that's not actually how it wrote it' more the idea). And then withhold further information till tomorrow on what else may be coming.

If it's a joke - it's not funny. If it's for real - it's even less so. It's stuff like this as to why some of us feel like you guys aren't listening - or at least not the people back at the main office. Why every time we see 'we learned from the CV rework' when it comes to Submarines many of us say 'Have you though?'. The debacle of PR and push back about clamping down on information and so you have this with April Fool's as yet another communications issue or a bad joke about it. 

• Cool 6
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[MR-1]
Members
1,102 posts
18,680 battles

awwww I was so looking forward to space battles again around this time of year like last year   and the other year 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,403 posts
15,843 battles

LOL April fools day is always a blast in WG games. Looking foward to it... well Minus the clan battles of course.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
4,259 posts
18,597 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The April Fools' Day frenzy is gripping Clan and Random Battles!
Read it on the portal

Darn, we don't have enough players for Clan Battles and we don't play Randoms anymore......  Oooops.  Any scraps for the rest of us? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,801 posts
25,886 battles
9 minutes ago, paradat said:

LOL April fools day is always a blast in WG games. Looking foward to it... well Minus the clan battles of course.

No, it's not a blast.  And I'm most definitely NOT looking forward to it.  I'll be glad when this foolishness is over and we can get back to playing the ACTUAL game.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 1

[FISH]
[FISH]
Members
1 post
1,498 battles

No space battles?? I was not there to experience them last year, and it was a thing i was by far most hyped for. I absolutely love any kinds of space warfare, and since games like Fractured Space and Dreadnought flopped, WoWs was literally the last place left to experience badass capital spaceship battles. I always found it awesome how WG did a whole month-long campaign full of space content. :(

Edited by NikSharkeh
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,325 battles

Figure the 'gibberish' is deliberate. April 1st and all that .....

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,403 posts
15,843 battles
34 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, it's not a blast.  And I'm most definitely NOT looking forward to it.  I'll be glad when this foolishness is over and we can get back to playing the ACTUAL game.

serious black and white GIF

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,403 posts
15,843 battles

Or maybe

Greyhound wow hey look amazing GIF

• Boring 1

[SF-13]
Beta Testers
99 posts
3,167 battles

Quote But wait! That's not all yet! Tomorrow, we'll share the details of yet another surprise that's coming your way!

are we finally going to get news with submarines please yes.

• Cool 1