You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Secondaries

T8 CV for Clan Battles

13 comments in this topic

[WAKE]
[WAKE]
Members
324 posts
19,135 battles

Hey Yall,

Heard that next seasons clan battles may contain T8 Carriers in it. 

Was wondering what you guys think would be the three best competitive carriers. 

My thoughts, in order of which would be best, are: 

1. Lexington

2. Enterprise

3. Shokaku. 

What do yall think? 

[PISD]
Members
1,280 posts
5,274 battles
2 minutes ago, Mr_Secondaries said:

Hey Yall,

1. Lexington

2. Enterprise

3. Shokaku. 

What do yall think? 

1: entreprise

2: Kaga

3: Full secondary graff zeppelin of doom!

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,581 posts
15,693 battles

I have the Lexington and Shokaku, both very solid T8 CV's.

I have the Implacable. The two shining spots for it.

1- It is probably the best fire starting CV at T8 

2- It's planes are slowest with the tightest turning radius of the three tech tree T8's. Making it a good DD hunter.

I've faced the "Big E" and the GZ. Both present different, but significant challenges to overcome. I'd really like to have both.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles
14 minutes ago, Mr_Secondaries said:

Hey Yall,

1. Lexington

2. Enterprise

3. Shokaku. 

What do yall think? 

Graf Zeppelin.
Lexington
Shokaku

I don't have Enterprise.  Can't speak to how well she'd compare.

Graf Zeppelin for the secondary battery builds.  :-)
Graf Zeppelin and Lexington for launching 3 torps per drop.
Shokaku for the experts who can make those two torps per drop hit most of the time and the AP bombs for citadel hits.

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,042 posts
12,725 battles

1) Enterprise if you have a CV driver with her. Might even be recruitment request. If you're a clanless Enterprise owner, or looking for a new clan, this might be a good opportunity for you. Combination of good enough rockets, good triple torpedo drop, and a very nasty load of AP bombs (she drops 6 at a time). She's also scary in the air defense role. You'll see why she isn't for sale. Her only drawback is her slow aircraft.

2) Lexington, Somewhat better planes than Enterprise, good rockets, good triple torpedo drop, the HE bombs have some utility, but not the ship wrecking potential of Enterprise. Also has pretty good fighters. Like Enterprise, her only drawback is slow aircraft.

3) Graf Zeppelin, not for the secondaries, but for the plane speed. Rockets are only ok, triple torp drop with passable torps, but the AP bombs are a joke. She'll be the champion of recon, she's also good at air defense because she has completely disposable AP dive bombers to drop fighters off quickly.

4) Saipan, Gets a quad torp drop, ok utility with HE bombs, but she's stuck with Tiny Tims, so not so hot against DD"s (she'll murder thin skinned cruisers though). However, she has tier 10 planes, and there's fewer ships to shoot her planes down which will mitigate her biggest problems. She's also the only CV with no secondaries.

5) Shokaku, She's stealthy, planes are generally quick, rockets are ok for anti-DD work, torps are ok, AP bombers might be useful if there's enough suitable targets. Her only real drawback is the two at a time torps.

6) Kaga, The other quad torpedo dropper, rockets are passable, and she has HE bombs that work but you probably won't use them. Excessive reserves that it's unlikely you'll need. Can be stealthy. The torp drop while devastating has a long arming distance. Her biggest drawbacks are her own speed, and her 2 at a time rocket planes for anti-DD work.

7) Implacable, All her attacking flights are two at a time. The rockets are good, the torps are at least very handy in confined areas, but I'm not sold on the carpet bombers in a reduced size match (I don't see her having the time to burn ships down)

8) Indomitable , Her planes are fast, rockets are fairly good. She's got the same recon and air defense benefits as Graf Zeppelin. Like Implacable, I'm not sold on the carpet bombers in a reduced size match. Lack of torpedo bombers really hurts her.

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,377 battles
3 hours ago, gbgentry said:

No Saipan love?

She is my favorite premium but I heard the div will be allowed either a cv or a bb.  Saipan excels at killing BB's,  if there are no BB's and lots of cruisers and DD'S the big E is a better option imo.

Members
4,352 posts
11,269 battles
1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

She is my favorite premium but I heard the div will be allowed either a cv or a bb.  Saipan excels at killing BB's,  if there are no BB's and lots of cruisers and DD'S the big E is a better option imo.

That’s for the full season starting sometime next patch. For the brawl on the 4th, it’s 1 cv, 1 bb, 1 cruiser, 1 dd.

• Cool 1

[ASHIP]
[ASHIP]
Members
97 posts
8,630 battles
9 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

1) Enterprise if you have a CV driver with her. Might even be recruitment request. If you're a clanless Enterprise owner, or looking for a new clan, this might be a good opportunity for you. Combination of good enough rockets, good triple torpedo drop, and a very nasty load of AP bombs (she drops 6 at a time). She's also scary in the air defense role. You'll see why she isn't for sale. Her only drawback is her slow aircraft.

2) Lexington, Somewhat better planes than Enterprise, good rockets, good triple torpedo drop, the HE bombs have some utility, but not the ship wrecking potential of Enterprise. Also has pretty good fighters. Like Enterprise, her only drawback is slow aircraft.

3) Graf Zeppelin, not for the secondaries, but for the plane speed. Rockets are only ok, triple torp drop with passable torps, but the AP bombs are a joke. She'll be the champion of recon, she's also good at air defense because she has completely disposable AP dive bombers to drop fighters off quickly.

4) Saipan, Gets a quad torp drop, ok utility with HE bombs, but she's stuck with Tiny Tims, so not so hot against DD"s (she'll murder thin skinned cruisers though). However, she has tier 10 planes, and there's fewer ships to shoot her planes down which will mitigate her biggest problems. She's also the only CV with no secondaries.

5) Shokaku, She's stealthy, planes are generally quick, rockets are ok for anti-DD work, torps are ok, AP bombers might be useful if there's enough suitable targets. Her only real drawback is the two at a time torps.

6) Kaga, The other quad torpedo dropper, rockets are passable, and she has HE bombs that work but you probably won't use them. Excessive reserves that it's unlikely you'll need. Can be stealthy. The torp drop while devastating has a long arming distance. Her biggest drawbacks are her own speed, and her 2 at a time rocket planes for anti-DD work.

7) Implacable, All her attacking flights are two at a time. The rockets are good, the torps are at least very handy in confined areas, but I'm not sold on the carpet bombers in a reduced size match (I don't see her having the time to burn ships down)

8) Indomitable , Her planes are fast, rockets are fairly good. She's got the same recon and air defense benefits as Graf Zeppelin. Like Implacable, I'm not sold on the carpet bombers in a reduced size match. Lack of torpedo bombers really hurts her.

Indomitable doesnt have enough alpha damage to do any good in this format, relies completely on fires for her damage 

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,042 posts
12,725 battles
7 hours ago, JamesZ28 said:

Indomitable doesnt have enough alpha damage to do any good in this format, relies completely on fires for her damage 

That's exactly why I'm not sold on the carpet bombers in a reduced size match. Same goes for Implacable, but at least she has torpedo planes, as lackluster as hers may be. They are dead last for a reason.