Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Judacula

Game Randomly dropping to Login screen

5 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
1,307 battles

I have been dealing with this issue for several weeks.  The game will "sort of" pause, I can still aim other ships are moving, mine is stuck in place and I cannot fire.  This lasts several seconds then I am dumped to the login screen.  I tried clean installs of the game, flushing dns, dxdiag checks, pingplotter checks, WGCheck, opening ports, port forwarding, running as admin, graphics setting adjustments, bios adjustments, several other things I have forgotten about...most at the direction of tech support for wargaming.net.  NONE OF IT WORKED.  I have found exactly one solution to this issue, someone on an old message thread stated that they were able to alleviate this issue by using ping plotter to constantly ping the wargaming.net server whilst playing the game.  I don't know about ping plotter, I simply opened a command prompt and used the command:  ping -t 92.223.56.14(wargaming.net NA server IP address) to set up a constant ping to their server, and viola...no more disconnects while in game. 

I really hope that others dealing with this same frustrating issue might find some relief with this.

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles

I am frequently having this issue on my old PC.

My new one with higher specs, however, has no issues.

Members
3 posts
1,307 battles

Ok, upon further testing it appears I was premature.  This helps but does not cure the problem.  My DC's from the game still occur, though at a MUCH reduced rate.  Furthermore, system specs are not the issue.  The game plays perfectly on my older laptop, its only on my current rig that it has issues, but to alleviate any further doubts: 

Processor:  AMD Ryzen 5 1600x six core 3.6GHz

64.0 GB ram

Nvidia GTX 1080 TI

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

There is no reason at all this system should have issues from a hardware perspective.  I am certain it is either a networking or software issue, just with I could get it tracked down.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,906 battles
19 hours ago, Judacula said:

Ok, upon further testing it appears I was premature.  This helps but does not cure the problem.  My DC's from the game still occur, though at a MUCH reduced rate.  Furthermore, system specs are not the issue.  The game plays perfectly on my older laptop, its only on my current rig that it has issues, but to alleviate any further doubts: 

Processor:  AMD Ryzen 5 1600x six core 3.6GHz

64.0 GB ram

Nvidia GTX 1080 TI

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

There is no reason at all this system should have issues from a hardware perspective.  I am certain it is either a networking or software issue, just with I could get it tracked down.

Just curious are you on WiFi? And who is your ISP? Please don't set up a constant ping to the servers, though 1 or 2 persons doing this may not cause a problem, this is in essence how a DDOS attack works, you are basically increasing traffic to the server which can have unintended side effects. Multiple ISP's are currently having issues with increased traffic across the board and some routing hubs are not holding up well staying connected to our servers (this is occurring on other games as well, not just ours). We in the NA community team monitor the server status very regularly.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Members
3 posts
1,307 battles

I have two different ISP's at my location AT&T and Skyrunner, neither are optimal for gaming the first is DSL and the second uses radio waves.  However, that being said either works fine for all other games that I play:  Battlefield, LOL, Overwatch, etc.  I have no issues with ANY other games on either connection other than occasional lag spikes (mostly correct as a point of interest the same thing happens to me if I try and play World of Tanks) .  Furthermore the disconnects I am suffering from are long standing issues that have existed prior to the current increase in net traffic thanks to corona lockdowns.  Oh, and no, not wifi hard wired.  As I stated earlier I ran pingplotter checks at the direction of WoWs tech support and they saw no connection issues.  However as a courtesy I will desist with the pinging of the servers, as it has not cured the issue fully.

Edited by Judacula

Sign in to follow this