Sign in to follow this  
Formous

I suppose if you've ever been shot by your friendly destroyers

8 comments in this topic

[XXX]
Members
580 posts
1,525 battles

Remember it's nearly happened before. Only now with frightening regularity.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PHD]
Members
1,505 posts
6,363 battles

Shot or torped? There is another thread around here about ships getting hit. A recomendation was to hit the right mouse button ( I may have that wrong as I use a left handed mouse and it gets confusing) and look around while you guns reload to see ships between you and your target. And there is a problem with ships like the Smolensk ( and the Atlantas) at long range with the shells getting a little indiscriminat with dispersion. And with the fast reloads there is less time between reloads.

In DDs I think I have been torped by freindly cruisers and BBs more often than DDs. But I am in PvE where things can get a little rushed with the bots pushing.

But it happens. In real life too. At the Battle of the Sunda Strait, the IJN cruiser Mogami launched six Type 93 torpedoes, got five hits and sank four transports and one minesweeper. Unfortunately for Mogami they were Japanses ships.

• Cool 1

Members
59 posts
4,953 battles

I have a CORSAIR keyboard and matching mouse. I've accidentally let loose by touching side buttons, and been hit too (more common than not). Don't mind it (stuff happens). I try to apologize, and most accept it.

• Cool 1

[MBG]
Members
4 posts
2,939 battles
1 hour ago, GEOCHUCKGEO said:

I have a CORSAIR keyboard and matching mouse. I've accidentally let loose by touching side buttons, and been hit too (more common than not). Don't mind it (stuff happens). I try to apologize, and most accept it.

Yeah, stuff happens.   I was away from the game for 6 weeks or so.  Decided to do a couple with the Texas last night.  Got into a dogfight with a Colorado on one side of the map with friendly cruiser and dd in support..  At one point, the dd launched torps, turned back and went past me towards my stern.  I waited until he was past my line of sight and let loose.  I am now pink for 2 games.  No clue how that happened.  Must have tweaked an antennae or something??

[XXX]
Members
580 posts
1,525 battles
3 hours ago, rowboat_bait said:

Yeah, stuff happens.   I was away from the game for 6 weeks or so.  Decided to do a couple with the Texas last night.  Got into a dogfight with a Colorado on one side of the map with friendly cruiser and dd in support..  At one point, the dd launched torps, turned back and went past me towards my stern.  I waited until he was past my line of sight and let loose.  I am now pink for 2 games.  No clue how that happened.  Must have tweaked an antennae or something??

You just forgot to uninstall the Primers.

[PHD]
Members
1,505 posts
6,363 battles

Lately I have been shooting down allied aircraft, got one today.:cap_rambo: Can we get green ribbons painted on the ship for kills?:Smile_medal:

My DD crews apparently hate aircraft.

• Funny 1

Members
2,766 posts
36,457 battles
4 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Lately I have been shooting down allied aircraft, got one today.:cap_rambo: Can we get green ribbons painted on the ship for kills?:Smile_medal:

My DD crews apparently hate aircraft.

There is nothing wrong with them if they shoot down everything in site.  Whatever chow you are giving them must have them on edge. But no CV friend or foe is going near your ship.

Just be careful. If their eyes move in different directions to look for aircraft, then they might need some liberty ashore.
:cap_book::cap_haloween:

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,505 posts
6,363 battles
12 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

There is nothing wrong with them if they shoot down everything in site.  Whatever chow you are giving them must have them on edge. But no CV friend or foe is going near your ship.

Just be careful. If their eyes move in different directions to look for aircraft, then they might need some liberty ashore.
:cap_book::cap_haloween:

:cap_cool:

Well, they are a shifty eyed lot at the best of times and the mandatory swimming lessons I required:fish_nerv: has not improved their mood as much as I hoped. :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this