You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Question about Ship Consumables Mod 1

10 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

The Ship Consumables Mod 1 says it extends the action time of all mounted consumables by +10%. Does this mean that Repair Party could heal more HP back onto the ship? Because Repair party Consumables state they add X amount of HP for X amount of their action time. So logically I would think it would add a fair amount of HP regeneration onto a ship. Granted you would have to forgo the concealment module to take advantage of it which will limit which ships can get away with using said module. Decided to ask about this module to make certain I have it all straight as it would be tragic loss of credits and battle performance if I were to be wrong.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
Corrected grammar error.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,713 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The Ship Consumables Mod 1 says it extends the action time of all mounted consumables by +10%. Does this mean that Repair Party could heal more HP back onto the ship? Because Repair party Consumables state they add X amount of HP for X amount of their action time. So logically I would think it would add a fair amount of HP regeneration onto a ship. Granted you would have to forgo the concealment module to take advantage of it which will limit which ships can get away with using said module. Decided to ask about this module to make certain I have it all straight as it would be tragic loss of credits and battle performance if I were to be wrong.

The offset for more hp regenerate is taking more damage from lack of concealment. 

Not worth it in my opinion.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The offset for more hp regenerate is taking more damage from lack of concealment. 

Not worth it in my opinion.

I agree that the added HP Regeneration is a really bad idea on most ships. But on the small handful of ships you can pretty much spot from across the map regardless of concealment or not then it could be worth considering such as on Kurfurst, or might be good for those who use RU BBs or maybe even Stalingrad since it’s concealment can be bad as well and it dies well with bow tanking role

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You can see the numbers change with that upgrade.  Try a ship in the Fitting Tool.

https://wowsft.com/ship

Montana with DCPM1 upgrade (slot 1) and SCM1 (slot 5) would take Damage Control Party from 20 seconds to 30.8 seconds.  USN BBs have the longest active duration for DCP in the game.  Repair Party goes from 28 to 30.8 seconds.  Spotter Plane goes from 100 to 110 seconds.  But you do have to give up CSM1.  It would also compete with Montana's Legendary in Slot 5.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
1 minute ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Combine that with the radar mod and that is a really long duration for some ships.

The balance factor is that it's Slot 5 where the ever popular CSM1 is.  It's also where a number of Legendaries for some Tier X ships are.

[NH]
Members
1,769 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The balance factor is that it's Slot 5 where the ever popular CSM1 is.  It's also where a number of Legendaries for some Tier X ships are.

You would need to put it on a ship that already has excellent concealment and using it doesnt push it over a threshold like being able to detect cruisers for example.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,909 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I hate it when people like you make me think … and do more math 

Now I have to look at all my UK ships again 

ie. Conqueror :)

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
48 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I hate it when people like you make me think … and do more math 

Now I have to look at all my UK ships again 

ie. Conqueror :)

+10% to Conqueror’s Heals!?...