You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Potato_Smasher

My First Coal Ship

26 comments in this topic

[PRVTR]
Members
1,123 posts
5,631 battles

Hey there! It's me, Shrayes ( yet again )

No, this is not one of my write ups. This is just an inquiry.

So, I've been wondering about getting a coal ship for a while now. I have around 40k coal and a coupon to use. So far, the ships within my reach are the Blyskawica, the Aigle, and the Oktabyrskaya Revolutsiya, which are all around 50k coal. My question is, should I use the coupon and get one of these ships, or should I save up more and get something like Yoshino or Georgia or Thunderer, or should I wait until something new shows up, like California?

:SerB:

Edit: maybe not Cali, I don't know her price tag. I hope she's gonna be for sale in coal, but who knows.

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula
  • Cool 1

[-N-]
Members
2,247 posts
15,101 battles

Not sure what you play the most...  Or what you consider the most fun.  That is more how I would go about it.  All of those are fun ships (to me anyway.)  It is really what kind of ship do you enjoy playing most, that is where I would start.

• Cool 1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,123 posts
5,631 battles
1 minute ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Not sure what you play the most...  Or what you consider the most fun.  That is more how I would go about it.  All of those are fun ships (to me anyway.)  It is really what kind of ship do you enjoy playing most, that is where I would start.

I tend to favor run and gun style DDs, but I love fast battleships as well. I have a ton of games in the Bismarck, which happens to be my favorite of the lot.

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Members
2,247 posts
15,101 battles
1 minute ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

I tend to favor run and gun style DDs, but I love fast battleships as well. I have a ton of games in the Bismarck, which happens to be my favorite of the lot.

I would lean to the 2 DDs you listed or the Georgia...

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,810 posts
7,013 battles

Save up coal and buy Marceau that's been confirmed for coal when she is released in my opinion.

Blyskawica is a good ship and a favourite of mine, but you will get the most out of your coupon with a tier IX-X buy.

• Cool 1

Members
172 posts
8,870 battles

The Aigle was my first coal ship and she is a good boat but I think that I would recommend saving up for something a bit more OP. I hear good things about the Thunderer. 

• Cool 1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,123 posts
5,631 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Save up coal and buy Marceau that's been confirmed for coal when she is released in my opinion.

Blyskawica is a good ship and a favourite of mine, but you will get the most out of your coupon with a tier IX-X buy.

Thanks for your suggestion. Do we know what Marceau's price tag is?

[KWF]
Members
5,810 posts
7,013 battles
Just now, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Thanks for your suggestion. Do we know what Marceau's price tag is?

Definitely in excess of 200k coal if we go by the cost of the other coal tier X's. A 25% coupon applied could save you literally tens of thousands of coal. 

• Cool 1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,123 posts
5,631 battles

Marceau it is then

Now, back to the coal mines for the next three weeks ( not really a mine, but you get the picture)

P.S *Starts playing Diggy Diggy Hole in the background*

[DAS]
Members
1,015 posts
9,732 battles

Personally, I would save the coal and the coupon until you have enough to get one of the more expensive ships.

I go for the high tier ships first and normally only buy them when I have a coupon. However, later today, I will probably have enough coal to get the JB without a coupon.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Get a ship you want, dont get a ship just because you can. Check opinions and reviews about the available ships and see if there is one that fits your playstyle, and go for it. 

The ships you listed are all good, but play in very different ways. The T9/10 ships are probably the better ones, considering the higher XP/credits rewards, they also make easier to complete some missions.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,271 posts
12,232 battles
12 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

@Shrayes_Bhagavatula I think this is the best advice no matter what ship you use it on make sure it's a tier 9 or 10 maybe something new . This way you get the most bang for you buck with the coupon .

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,574 battles

You should save up for a higher tier coal ship. One that generates good amount of credits. Play this ship regularly to help you build up and credits when you're running low or need to save up to buy new ships. 

[PVE]
Members
1,144 posts
9,607 battles
58 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

So far, the ships within my reach are the Blyskawica, the Aigle, and the Oktabyrskaya Revolutsiya, which are all around 50k coal. My question is, should I use the coupon and get one of these ships, or should I save up more

Those 3 are all okay. But I like Thunderer better. Out of the ships you mentioned, I would save up for Georgia or Thunderer.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,495 posts
22,906 battles

For a BB main oktober or Thunderer.

For a dd player bliss. 

[PNP]
Members
493 posts
4,774 battles

I have all 3, and they are good ships. But my opinion is that you should save up for the higher tier ships. JB will be removed in the future, and the Georgia is formidable too.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
1 hour ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Now, back to the coal mines for the next three weeks ( not really a mine, but you get the picture)

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,687 posts
5,521 battles

All 3 of these ships can perform well, but I suggest you save the coal for T9 or 10 ships for economic bonuses. Unless you need a ship for a nation you're missing for Christmas events, you should get something performs well, earns credits/XP, and can train your commander.

[KIA-A]
Members
945 posts
6,006 battles
1 hour ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

So, I've been wondering about getting a coal ship for a while now. I have around 40k coal and a coupon to use. So far, the ships within my reach are the Blyskawica, the Aigle, and the Oktabyrskaya Revolutsiya, which are all around 50k coal. My question is, should I use the coupon and get one of these ships, or should I save up more and get something like Yoshino or Georgia or Thunderer, or should I wait until something new shows up, like California?

Edit: maybe not Cali, I don't know her price tag. I hope she's gonna be for sale in coal, but who knows.

My advice is to pick a ship in a line or class you are good in.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

I would recommend t9   rather than t10 as it earns the most credit.  find a type you like to play though  if you don't have lot of high tier experience, you may want to get some first.   

[--K--]
Supertester
1,488 posts
14,251 battles

Something no one mentioned is that the coupon resets in June. I don’t think you can earn enough to get one of the high tier coal ships before that happens. So I’d pick up one now and start saving the rest for a high tier ship. Of the cheap ships I’d recommend the Blys because it will be valuable for nation restricted grinding.

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,845 battles
2 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

I guess it depends on how active you are. I personally prefer to use coupons on the really expensive coal ships if possible. So I would probably just wait and save coal to buy the ones you want as opposed to using the coupon. All that being said I personally would prolly take the aigle but that’s largely based on the negativity I’ve heard around blys at her tier

Members
237 posts

I have the Thunderer, its actually my only tier 10 Battleship(mostly playing cruisers myself) and I quite enjoy it.

But if you like the Bismark I would suggest the Georgia, as it will feel closer to what you are used to.

However all that being said the most important question to ask yourself is what are you looking to use the ship for, credit-farming, crew training, will you be looking to put a dedicated captain into it, all these are factors