You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
avendo

coop only way to win a game

56 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
65 battles

Whats up with this game,im lucky if i win 5 games out of 20..and so lopsided,i left tanks cause it was like this,5 min 1/2 team dead and no kills.very annoying.

• Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
10,923 posts
18,896 battles
13 minutes ago, avendo said:

Whats up with this game,im lucky if i win 5 games out of 20..and so lopsided,i left tanks cause it was like this,5 min 1/2 team dead and no kills.very annoying.

It helps if you understand mechanics of the game and some tactics at certain tiers. You should find a mentor to div up with who can explain the games complexities while playing. You can use the game as an arcade style shoot em up game, but you will just get the results that you have been getting. If you want to seriously play the game you need to learn. It really depends on what your goals are in this game. It's quite like chess, you can learn how the pieces move and play the game or you can learn how, to play the game.

Good Luck :fish_glass:

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,556 battles

My WR for Sat and Sunday was around 10-15%   Lost 8 in a row Sat and 9 in a row Sunday so I quit for a while.

This is no coincidence because I had a winning streak Friday.  Every winning streak for the past 2 years straight has been followed by two days of losses.  This is no coincidence. 

• Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
10,923 posts
18,896 battles
26 minutes ago, avendo said:

[hidden]

More like the Shuck and Jive, I wasted my time typing that for you, if you said it was a secondary account, I would have just ignored it anyway.

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,576 posts
15,087 battles

Aloha,

So some days you will have winning streaks and some days you will not.

Myself, with an overall of 56% W/R across something like 12k battles. I have had days where I had a 95% W/R across 15 games and then the next day a 30% W/R. It is the way of online gaming.... Ebbs and Flows.

Also, currently since everyone is stuck at home you have a higher than normal server player count, with A LOT of people still learning how to play. If you are getting super angry over a game, I would suggest a breather and coming back to try again later.

All that being said, please be careful of the personal attacks, your OP had little to no information to go off of and the community is attempting to solicit more information from you (albeit not the best way sometimes).

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 3

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,556 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

So some days you will have winning streaks and some days you will not.

Myself, with an overall of 56% W/R across something like 12k battles. I have had days where I had a 95% W/R across 15 games and then the next day a 30% W/R. It is the way of online gaming.... Ebbs and Flows.

Also, currently since everyone is stuck at home you have a higher than normal server player count, with A LOT of people still learning how to play. If you are getting super angry over a game, I would suggest a breather and coming back to try again later.

All that being said, please be careful of the personal attacks, your OP had little to no information to go off of and the community is attempting to solicit more information from you (albeit not the best way sometimes.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

I've had 1-2 day losing streak following every win streak for two years. How do you explain that? We aren't talking about 70 or 80% of the time. I'm saying this happens 100% of the time, every time. I run a software and cloud development company and I can assure you that the odds of this happening are somewhere around 0. 

I can show you screenshots from some of these losses where I had 7 kills and still lost. Last week I had one battle where my Duke of York Kraken included destroying four tier 7s, three of them BBs but that wasn't good enough to carry and we lost.

There is an obvious pattern that can't be ignored. I'm not saying there might be an algorithm in play, I know there is. I can't tell you how it works but it's there. 

• Boring 1

Members
9 posts
65 battles

not sure what is causing it,most of my games are 2 wins 15 losses for weeks

best i did was 9-23

• Cool 1

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
21 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I've had 1-2 day losing streak following every win streak for two years. How do you explain that? We aren't talking about 70 or 80% of the time. I'm saying this happens 100% of the time, every time. I run a software and cloud development company and I can assure you that the odds of this happening are somewhere around 0. 

I can show you screenshots from some of these losses where I had 7 kills and still lost. Last week I had one battle where my Duke of York Kraken included destroying four tier 7s, three of them BBs but that wasn't good enough to carry and we lost.

There is an obvious pattern that can't be ignored. I'm not saying there might be an algorithm in play, I know there is. I can't tell you how it works but it's there. 

If there was a pattern of more losses then wins, it would not be possible for so many of us to maintain a 55% or above W/R.  And there are people that do so regularly and even that get up into the 70% area.  So I am unsure what you're getting at.

The average player on NA has a 46-48% W/R. Though I don't really care about stats, I have paid attention to this since before I worked for WG and ever since Alpha testing.

Truth be told there are days where I EXPECT not as many wins because I know the server populations are higher, which means more people that play games to just play games and don't care about statistics. Fri night, Sat and Sun are these days. And for over a year now it has appeared that Mondays are that way as well.

As I said before, currently however, we are having higher than normal server populations, because of current events. So this will be more common.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
6 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The average player on NA has a 46-48% W/R.

Statistically saying,

The %45-%55 WR block, falls on the %90th percentile for all WOWS server regions with a very low standard of deviation...

Its not going to change anytime soon :Smile_smile:...

[PSP]
Members
30 posts
9,688 battles
23 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I've had 1-2 day losing streak following every win streak for two years.

That's really interesting, Stinkweed, because I thought it must just be me suspecting this, that after a day of enjoying a win streak I find myself the next day not just bottomed tiered a lot in unfavorable matchmaking but (after battles investigating other players stats) showing the opposition is very often loaded with tens of thousands of battle experience versus my teammates with a few hundred battles (but often playing a higher tier premium ship). So I was wondering but then rejected if this might be done in the MM with an algorithm thinking, "No, it's just me," but over a lot of time (as you say) I am beginning to think it might actually be a pattern that reveals something more than me just playing poorly following a win streak (although, to be honest I do excel at times at making what turns out to be the wrong decisions). Additionally, does that mean my win streak has also been 'helped' in subtle ways, too, inflating my sense of competency for having those streaks? Anyway, I'm glad it's not just me thinking maybe there is more to this pattern than my incompetency...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,556 battles
8 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

If there was a pattern of more losses then wins, it would not be possible for so many of us to maintain a 55% or above W/R.  And there are people that do so regularly and even that get up into the 70% area.  So I am unsure what you're getting at.

The average player on NA has a 46-48% W/R. Though I don't really care about stats, I have paid attention to this since before I worked for WG and ever since Alpha testing.

Truth be told there are days where I EXPECT not as many wins because I know the server populations are higher, which means more people that play games to just play games and don't care about statistics. Fri night, Sat and Sun are these days. And for over a year now it has appeared that Mondays are that way as well.

As I said before, currently however, we are having higher than normal server populations, because of current events. So this will be more common.

-Hapa

My WR is 55%   but it's been like that for many years. It was only about 2 years ago or perhaps a bit later when all of this started. 
Your suggestion that I'm wrong because many people are sustaining high WR doesn't disprove anything. All I'm saying is that some people are experiencing the same thing as I am and based on the 100% frequency in the past 100+ weeks it is impossible to conclude that it's just a coincidence. There is something going on in the background and it's definitely working against me in a methodical manner. 
I'm not going to guess at what the algorithm does but it's there. I have a couple of friends, one with a PHD and the other with a Masters in computer science that agree with me.  

I just call it as I see it.

• Boring 1

[PSP]
Members
30 posts
9,688 battles
15 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

If there was a pattern of more losses then wins, it would not be possible for so many of us to maintain a 55% or above W/R.

Happa_Fodder, I don't think we can assume that's the case as you suggest because winning may promote extended number of battles per session versus losing a few in a row, becoming frustrated, and ending a session. This could account for higher win rates you mention.  

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,556 battles
10 minutes ago, Tildeb said:

That's really interesting, Stinkweed, because I thought it must just be me suspecting this, that after a day of enjoying a win streak I find myself the next day not just bottomed tiered a lot in unfavorable matchmaking but (after battles investigating other players stats) showing the opposition is very often loaded with tens of thousands of battle experience versus my teammates with a few hundred battles (but often playing a higher tier premium ship). So I was wondering but then rejected if this might be done in the MM with an algorithm thinking, "No, it's just me," but over a lot of time (as you say) I am beginning to think it might actually be a pattern that reveals something more than me just playing poorly following a win streak (although, to be honest I do excel at times at making what turns out to be the wrong decisions). Additionally, does that mean my win streak has also been 'helped' in subtle ways, too, inflating my sense of competency for having those streaks? Anyway, I'm glad it's not just me thinking maybe there is more to this pattern than my incompetency...

Fact:  in over 100 weeks straight every win streak day (75% + wins) is followed by at least one to two days of straight losses. There hasn't been one time during this 100 + weeks when it has not happened.  There is something about us, I'm guessing. I don't pay for premium time, not sure if it's related in any way.
The most aggravating thing about it is that I can easily predict when it will happen, it does so verbatim, and yet I have to argue with people that conclude otherwise because it doesn't happen to them.  

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Boring 1

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
1 minute ago, Tildeb said:

Hapa_Fodder, I don't think we can assume that's the case as you suggest because winning may promote extended number of battles per session versus losing a few in a row, becoming frustrated, and ending a session. This could account for higher win rates you mention.  

3 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

My WR is 55%   but it's been like that for many years. It was only about 2 years ago or perhaps a bit later when all of this started. 
Your suggestion that I'm wrong because many people are sustaining high WR doesn't disprove anything. All I'm saying is that some people are experiencing the same thing as I am and based on the 100% frequency in the past 100+ weeks it is impossible to conclude that it's just a coincidence. There is something going on in the background and it's definitely working against me in a methodical manner. 
I'm not going to guess at what the algorithm does but it's there. I have a couple of friends, one with a PHD and the other with a Masters in computer science that agree with me.  

I just call it as I see it.

So here is the thing, I can look at my own global stats for the past year and my W/R has steadily been on the increase, ever so slowly. Regardless of win and loss streaks. As I have said, I have been playing this game since alpha testing and my W/R for the past year has slowly been increasing on a steady curve from 55.8 up to almost 57%, its slow, because I have 12000 battles in game (in randoms). And across all classes. It typically takes me about 10 losses in a row for me personally to quit playing for awhile, that may be different for others, but I don't play to pad my stats, I play because it's a game... and regardless when I am losing or winning, I am enjoying time with friends.

Folks this is a game, you shouldn't be delving so hardcore into trying to figure out how the game is "stacking the teams against you" it isn't occurring on purpose, MM DOES NOT take into account ANY statistics to make the teams up.

Can you work to find a pattern? I am sure you can, patterns can be found EVERYWHERE. It doesn't mean that it's built in to occur this way. We have and do break down exactly how MM works and how it forms teams. it has NOTHING to do with any statistics.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
5 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Fact:  in over 100 weeks straight every win streak day (75% + wins) is followed by at least one to two days of straight losses. There hasn't been one time during this 100 + weeks when it has not happened.  There is something about us, I'm guessing. I don't pay for premium time, not sure if it's related in any way.
The most aggravating thing about it is that I can easily predict when it will happen, it does so verbatim, and yet I have to argue with people that conclude otherwise because it doesn't happen to them.  

Fact? if you have the data it would be invaluable...

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,556 battles
16 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

So here is the thing, I can look at my own global stats for the past year and my W/R has steadily been on the increase, ever so slowly. Regardless of win and loss streaks. As I have said, I have been playing this game since alpha testing and my W/R for the past year has slowly been increasing on a steady curve from 55.8 up to almost 57%, its slow, because I have 12000 battles in game (in randoms). And across all classes. It typically takes me about 10 losses in a row for me personally to quit playing for awhile, that may be different for others, but I don't play to pad my stats, I play because it's a game... and regardless when I am losing or winning, I am enjoying time with friends.

Folks this is a game, you shouldn't be delving so hardcore into trying to figure out how the game is "stacking the teams against you" it isn't occurring on purpose, MM DOES NOT take into account ANY statistics to make the teams up.

Can you work to find a pattern? I am sure you can, patterns can be found EVERYWHERE. It doesn't mean that it's built in to occur this way. We have and do break down exactly how MM works and how it forms teams. it has NOTHING to do with any statistics.

-Hapa

I have close to 14,000 battles with a 55% WR. It takes a hell of a lot of losses to move the needle in any direction and yet over the past 100+ weeks my WR has fallen almost an entire percentage while my PR has steadily increased. How do you explain this?  Based on your logic my WR should be increasing not the reverse.

I also stated that this is not happening to all but it is happening to some of us therefore there has to be a reason. If this was a scientific study, the results being 100% 100 weeks straight would draw a different conclusion than yours. 

There's something going on. My guess is that the algorithm is reason WG refuses to change the MM so that it balances by player PR. Just my two cents.

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Boring 1

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,556 battles
7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Fact? if you have the data it would be invaluable...

I don't keep spreadsheets. I was keeping a paper record for 27 weeks. I realized at this point that it wasn't going to end. Since then I have been hoping for just one instance where a win streak was followed by either a mixed win/loss day or maybe a second win streak. It hasn't happened yet. 

Please note that I played since Beta and it wasn't always like this. It started suddenly and just never stopped. 

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,431 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I am sure you can, patterns can be found EVERYWHERE

Streaks happen, although I'd wager that they don't actually happen as often as we believe they do, because the good majority of our time spent in this game on a day-to-day basis sees us playing at or near our established stat rates. Therefore, when streaks occur, they stand out prominently in our minds. 

Were I to go on a prolonged win streak, followed by a day or two of normal, 55% winning, followed by a sharp drop in wins, I would naturally conclude that some external force is artificially suppressing my ambition to get to 55% overall. Were I to have a prolonged win streak, followed a few days later by a prolonged win streak, I would conclude that I am the greatest player on the server and should expect an invite to some purple clan. The point here is that we often want our cake and eat it too: your win streak may often have as much to do with you as your losing streak does (in both cases it's often just the luck of the draw). Good players will be able to maintain healthy win rates in excess of 50, 55, even 60 percent. Average players will be sub 50, and poor players, potatoes and children under 7 years of age will be 46% and below. 

Anyway, win streaks are often just good luck combined with solid play, just as losing streaks are often bad luck, even in combination with stellar play. Your average WR, should it be above a certain threshold, is a reflection of the times your stellar or just solid play EARNED you wins that would have been losses with most other players in your place. Congrats: you're good at this. Just ride the wave and win when you can.

"All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him." - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

• Cool 1