Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

13 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
14,305 posts
25,241 battles

What is with the wiki, I find at least two places that say you can purchase personel reserve slots for 100 doubloons, but no place that says exactly HOW?!?

It's been so bloody long since I've had to I can't figure it out in-game, and the wiki certainly isn't any help.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[-K-]
Members
8,352 posts
14,149 battles

Check the bottom right screen where your commander reserves are listed:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2f208b0dcd2fbb765d420d68d6c9b2ca.jpg

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,857 battles

22k battles and he can’t add to his commander reserve.

And we worry about the newbies!

LOL

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
31 minutes ago, Sabene said:

22k battles and he can’t add to his commander reserve.

And we worry about the newbies!

LOL

All the more reason for to worry about the newbies if the veterans struggle to find stuff they've had access to for literal years.  The UI in post is god awful.

• Cool 4

[1984]
Members
4,128 posts
19,953 battles

More importantly why would you need to increase your captain reserve? Wg has given out tons, you only need 1 per ship with a couple extra in reserve. Just fire the 0 point captains sitting there doing nothing and buff the existing captains to 19pt.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,665 posts
18,555 battles

Interesting... I expand my reserves when its needed... rarely do I spend the 100 dubs to expand it...

Now if its Rare for me, I would safely assume its rare for the majority of the player base...

1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

What is with the wiki, I find at least two places that say you can purchase personel reserve slots for 100 doubloons, but no place that says exactly HOW?!?

It's been so bloody long since I've had to I can't figure it out in-game, and the wiki certainly isn't any help.

Prophet please dont view me as an :etc_swear: for helping you out on this... IMO, its made perfectly clear here

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

Under managing commanders... There is a big pic like this one

Commander_Interface.png

There is a sub section labeled

"Reserve Slots"

In it, it details the HOW.  and I quote...

"Reserve slots — (shown highlighted in green on the graphic above) — hold unassigned commanders. Commanders in the Reserve can be assigned to any ship (of the same nation) as normal, subject to re-training costs (see below).

Each player starts with four (4) Reserve slots. Additional Reserve slots can be purchased with doubloons -- normally four (4) slots for 100 Doubloons. Slots are very rarely available though other means."

Prophet, I want to back you up on this one... But based on what I found, you have no leg to stand on... I have no defense for your claims...

I here by rule in favor of the Wiki editors... Case tossed on human error...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

0 posts

As LWM says, the port UI is (and always has been) unfriendly to newbies when even veteran players struggle to find basic functions.

Such a contrast with the in battle UI, comparatively a model of user friendly and intuitive UI design.

• Cool 1

[TBB]
Members
62 posts
19,555 battles

One way to free expand your reserve slots; is to RB reset a line. Just have all the ships with captains on them, and all the slots in reserve full. When you reset it; you will be "gifted" free slots to hold the new captains. (or at least that is how it did work) the last 2 rb resets. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,305 posts
25,241 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Interesting... I expand my reserves when its needed... rarely do I spend the 100 dubs to expand it...

Now if its Rare for me, I would safely assume its rare for the majority of the player base...

Prophet please dont view me as an :etc_swear: for helping you out on this... IMO, its made perfectly clear here

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

Under managing commanders... There is a big pic like this one

Commander_Interface.png

There is a sub section labeled

"Reserve Slots"

In it, it details the HOW.  and I quote...

"Reserve slots — (shown highlighted in green on the graphic above) — hold unassigned commanders. Commanders in the Reserve can be assigned to any ship (of the same nation) as normal, subject to re-training costs (see below).

Each player starts with four (4) Reserve slots. Additional Reserve slots can be purchased with doubloons -- normally four (4) slots for 100 Doubloons. Slots are very rarely available though other means."

Prophet, I want to back you up on this one... But based on what I found, you have no leg to stand on... I have to defense for your claims...

No, you're fine.

Like I said, it's been so long since I had to I couldn't figure out how to do so.

I was looking in the Personnel Files in the game, expecting it to be there, (duh...) not in the asign commander UI...

On the page where you found that, there's also an entry for 'Reserve Slots,' one might think how exactly to purchase them would be explained there, or at least a link back to 'Managing Commander,' be provided there.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[1984]
Members
4,128 posts
19,953 battles
16 minutes ago, Featherdustr said:

One way to free expand your reserve slots; is to RB reset a line. Just have all the ships with captains on them, and all the slots in reserve full. When you reset it; you will be "gifted" free slots to hold the new captains. (or at least that is how it did work) the last 2 rb resets. 

You can get them in daily crates. 

Edited by monpetitloup

[TBB]
Members
62 posts
19,555 battles
32 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I;ve seen port slots in daily crates; never seen commanders in daily crates. Though then again there are still a lot of things I've never seen in a crate :) Try my luck has taught me to avoid lottery tickets. 

Members
1,434 posts
17,129 battles
58 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Not any more... it's been well over a year and maybe even two since commander reserve slots have been available through daily supply crates.

Sign in to follow this