You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree 27-29/3/20

19 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
19,965 posts
14,258 battles

Played a lot on the PTS, trying to get that spring-season mission knocked over - with success. Had a lot of fun, actually; the smaller teams I got were quite refreshing. Like Ranked, but without the performance pressure and toxicity.

Advanced my Nagato grind and researched - but did not yet buy - the range upgrade for the Shchors. Why not? I was that low on credits after getting both Le Fantasque and Georgia late last week.

Steps are being taken in this regard. I will feel a lot better when I'm in double-figure millions again.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
491 posts
11,266 battles

Finished the Skane and Oland missions. Skane was mostly done already.

I'm enjoying the Swedish DDs. Oland reminded me how much DD play changes between T7 & T8. Got deleted early way too many times.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,965 posts
14,258 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Wut?

Didn’t they just have a PT last weekend?

PTS is like the Sith. Rule of two (rarely three in the exceptional extended patch we get from time to time). Weekend just past was phase 2.

Members
325 posts
13,896 battles

Finished Directive 3, and opened the 6 boxes.  Short of the T6 DD by about 200 tokens I think.  Did finish the Visby permanent camo task and added that to her.  Played a bit on the PTS (got my flags on the real server) and then played around with various ships working on older Directive tasks that were still pending (i.e., the secondary hits one).  Started Directive 4 this AM with a couple of games before starting work.

Members
108 posts
4,979 battles

played like hot garbage Sat.  bounced back yesterday with Solo Warrior, *High* caliber & Kraken with more wins than losses, Randoms.  got revenge against Hapa_Modder.  got wrecked by @Capt_Ahab1776

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

finished twitch mission and got 170 token.   finished zao's UU and finishing up moskva's. (17k bxp to go)     Probably will work on DM's next. 

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles

Been done with the missions since last Tuesday when I finished the Skane.  Really, "just played" because we're still avoiding the world.  Clan mate was also at home so we played a little bit.  The last Directive is today and I haven't even opened it yet.  Actually went back and played MWO, or what's left of it for a few hours.  They have a "quarantine event" going on and I missed how they set up event and how you play for "loot boxes"........  Now, they contain a single item but, they can have some neat stuff in them.    I like that format because there are no real odds........the 150 are there and what's in them isn't a revolving game of chance.  Refreshing actually.   But, low population meant waiting for matches.

Anyway, to day is Directive 4 and...............who knows.  With nicer weather, I've got a Hog Hunting project in full swing and no one is on the range !!!  Be well and safe out there.

[TBW]
Members
10,277 posts
17,456 battles
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Wut?

Didn’t they just have a PT last weekend?

You can still do it, for about 14 more hours it looks like.

Starts: Thu. Mar. 26 9:30 AM PT / your local time: Thu. Mar. 26 11:30 AM
Ends: Mon. Mar. 30 10:30 PM PT / your local time: Tue. Mar. 31 12:30 AM

I had no reason to play the regular game, I did do a little PT. WG has taken any reason to play the game away on the weekends. I finish the directives off by Tuesday and would play more but WG excludes PVE from the events so I don't have a reason to play. The decision makers for this game seem like spoiled children that just want things their way or no way at all. I've got news for them.
Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
3,074 posts
6,554 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Played a lot on the PTS, trying to get that spring-season mission knocked over - with success. Had a lot of fun, actually; the smaller teams I got were quite refreshing. Like Ranked, but without the performance pressure and toxicity.

Advanced my Nagato grind and researched - but did not yet buy - the range upgrade for the Shchors. Why not? I was that low on credits after getting both Le Fantasque and Georgia late last week.

Steps are being taken in this regard. I will feel a lot better when I'm in double-figure millions again.

I finished the PTS mission on the first weekend, but I agree, I love smaller teams. I didn't play a whole ton, didn't even finish my dailies on Friday and Saturday. Volunteered at work to run COVID-19 screening at the Employee and Community Health Sunday clinic, but it turns out they were only doing e-consults after phone triage, so there was zero point in us being there and two desk operations people, an R.N., and another volunteer and I just sat around for four hours like chrome-plated football bats. The perk of doing this is access to uh, all the hand sanitizer you could want.

I casually attempted to grind the Twitch "Fight with Me!" missions, but as usual, when I have a mission for high BXP I get terrible games. I had a single game in Oland with four kills and two caps that would have probably been a 2,500+ BXP game... if we'd won, but sadly the rest of my team disintegrated, so it was all a fighting retreat. Did hit a 1,700 BXP mission, and came painfully just 21 BXP short of the 1,800 as well, so I have two stages left.

I was trying to get those three containers and unlock Ostergotland a little early, but it looks like I'll probably get her from the directive completion sometime between now and Wednesday and then spend next weekend grinding the permacamo.

[RLGN]
Members
14,245 posts
25,085 battles
37 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The decision makers for this game seem like spoiled children that just want thing their way or no way at all. I've got news for them.

As far as I'm concerned they destroyed the game for me with 0.8.0.

Even if I can use the new mechanics, I hate everything about the rework.

'Imersive carrier gameplay' can go take a bloody flying leap as far as I'm concened.

If I wanted to play a flight sim I'd get out my old Dreamcast games.

[PMWC1]
Members
163 posts
5,248 battles

I focused mainly on 3 ships to progress some grinds.

1) Picked up the Ostergotland earlier this week.  Finished the camo grind and have around 190,000 xp towards Halland.

2) Finished the Chapeyev xp to unlock and purchase the Donskoi.  RIP credits.

3) Used Indomitable to finish the Halsey campaign.  Once I realized I could do the 75 bomb/rockets hits I went to Coop and earned 1 Star per.  Still debating where to put him;  either Des Moines or Iowa/Alaska/PR.  Have a 19 point Doe to go on the other.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
13,269 battles

Knocked out the daily mission “hard” level to get the port slot.

The only active grind I  pursued was coal, 10-15k needed to get me into Thunderer/Yoshino territory.

This is the time of year I engage primarily in “backfill” work for the fleet, amass elite commander XP, and prioritize where it will go, pile up credits, just the workaday stuff to improve the bench strength of the fleet.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

Members
3,577 posts
12,928 battles

Average overall week. But inconsistent performance. Getting comfortable with all the TXs Ive unlocked over the past year. I love the Venezia!

week.jpg

[TDG]
Members
1,810 posts
12,786 battles

Finished the UU mission for Minotaur.

Made significant progress on several other ships in their UU quest.

I'm waiting for the last Directive to open so I can finish that item and see what I will get.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,965 posts
14,258 battles
2 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Finished the UU mission for Minotaur.

Are you intending to fit it, or did you just do it for completeness' sake? If you're fitting it, please let me know what it's like.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,215 posts
11,034 battles
10 hours ago, DM31 said:

3) Used Indomitable to finish the Halsey campaign.  Once I realized I could do the 75 bomb/rockets hits I went to Coop and earned 1 Star per.  Still debating where to put him;  either Des Moines or Iowa/Alaska/PR.  Have a 19 point Doe to go on the other.

I have mine set as Salem/Alaska/Puerto Rico/Heavy cruiser capt. I find it easier to get the confederate and double strike bonuses with them. 

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,810 posts
12,786 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are you intending to fit it, or did you just do it for completeness' sake? If you're fitting it, please let me know what it's like.

I did fit it, but I only have one battle with it so far.

One significant thing for me is that I don't have to start slowing down before hitting smoke if I don't want to end up a boat length or two outside the smoke when it finished deploying.  The rest might be a push, but that will likely keep it fitted on my ship.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller