You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Munificient_Mumfurt

Vasteras = Tier 2 Umikazi vs tier 6-8?

17 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,439 posts
15,335 battles

Vasteras is much more comfortable to play than Visby, imo.  Visby seems more fragile and really sheds HP quickly when hit.  Vasteras seems more survivable, and is definitely more punchy.  

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,172 battles
4 hours ago, Munificient_Mumfurt said:

feels like it

Tier 6-7?

Ha!

Players used to deliberately faildiv Umikaze into tier 10, because before radar and hydro, it could get close and stealth torp big fat battleships with its fast loading torps.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

only needed 3 match to finish camo mission after using aegis.    still pretty easy to perform

Västerås   Västerås 6 Europe     3       100%      2 228          43 296      0.67     2.67

Edited by centarina

Members
145 posts
2,018 battles

just saying the play style seems pretty close to umikazi, sit back and torp , avoid confrontation unless ya have to cuz guns are slower reload, and if ya fight any dd in a knife fight you gonna shed alot of hp. plus the conceal isnt as good even.

and if ya manage to land all 6 torps on a bb, the bb says cool story bro.

• Boring 1

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

What's hilarious is that it doesn't even have particularly fast torps for the tier(despite that being the line's gimmick). Most other torp boats are only about 5 knots slower and some are even faster.

Members
3,090 posts
6,659 battles
3 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

What's hilarious is that it doesn't even have particularly fast torps for the tier(despite that being the line's gimmick). Most other torp boats are only about 5 knots slower and some are even faster.

That's the normal for WG... they say the line has a certain flavor, but it doesn't even begin to kick in until Tier VI and usually not until Tier VIII. The French destroyers are like this, too.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
38 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

That's the normal for WG... they say the line has a certain flavor, but it doesn't even begin to kick in until Tier VI and usually not until Tier VIII. The French destroyers are like this, too.

I'm well aware. Their recent trend of making the mid tier ships terrible doesn't help either. Hell, this line only gets 6 torps per wave until T9. That's ridiculous for a so called torpedo boat line.

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,207 battles

I'm not sure the line are Torp boats as the torps do so little damage and the small number of them. Not a gun boat either with slow reload etc. Fun ships, but they have an identity crisis going on. As both main weapons are fairly weak, no smoke and so so concealment, low HP not a great hybrid either. You can still do good work with them and have decent games, but it's a lot of work more often than not. I would like to see a slight buff to guns rotation and reload. Range is fine. 

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

The high tiers look like pretty solid hybrids but that's just the high tiers(not meta defining or broken, just solid which is fine). Mid and low tiers seem kinda mediocre though, yeah you can perform in them but pretty much any other line would be better simply because your armaments don't come into their own until the last few tiers.

Members
3,090 posts
6,659 battles
1 hour ago, Tekina_ said:

I'm well aware. Their recent trend of making the mid tier ships terrible doesn't help either. Hell, this line only gets 6 torps per wave until T9. That's ridiculous for a so called torpedo boat line.

I am actually a little partial to it especially at Tier VII and Tier VIII, because triple launchers reload very fast.

Members
145 posts
2,018 battles

The problem with this line is, the concealment is not great so if ya try to go up front or into caps you get outspotted first, and shed alot of hp.

It has low hp as well.

the guns have a slow reload and seem floaty.

as well if ya go in for a knife fight since you are not a gun boat and have low hp, you will shed alot of hp, and the heals it has isnt great.

the torpedos have a fast reload but they are low damage torpedos like a carrier plane and you only get 6 of them.

and even with fast torpedos its still a challenge to land em.  Avg damage per torpedo 5k.  So even if ya hit all 6 on a battle ship 30k if rng is kind.

The play style for this dd is basically sitting back 8km and shooting torps and retreating and repeating when they reloaded again.

This destroyer has no smoke so if there is alot of dd, radar ships, and carriers, you are playing avoidance until your torpedos reloaded.

Its difficult to play because i find the experience of these destroyer because of lack of smoke and poor alpha and not good concealment, you are hanging back or running the whole game till there isnt as many ships to focus fire you on your low hp.

This destroyer i find is more dependent on having good players on your team that push up and support you because of the said deficiencies.

If ya try to gunboat in this too early with too many ships that have a shot on ya you will die fast or have very little hp left.  You cant take caps in this destroyer early because your concealment is not great.

This destroyer is best described as a scavenger, you nickel and dime ships with a 5k torpedo hit here, a 5k torpedo hit there, maybe a few shots of your guns before you turn and run out of detection range.  Its alot of work.

A good game i found in this is 40-60k damage.  If you got alot of campers on your team and the enemy pushing, you have to run, because even with enemy destroyers you gotta land 2 torpedos to kill them.  You cant do anything other than play a harassment role if you have no support and the enemy is pushing.  You better off changing flanks if your teams camping and the enemy is pushing.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,591 posts
2,429 battles
2 hours ago, Munificient_Mumfurt said:

The problem with this line is, the concealment is not great so if ya try to go up front or into caps you get outspotted first, and shed alot of hp.

It has low hp as well.

the guns have a slow reload and seem floaty.

as well if ya go in for a knife fight since you are not a gun boat and have low hp, you will shed alot of hp, and the heals it has isnt great.

the torpedos have a fast reload but they are low damage torpedos like a carrier plane and you only get 6 of them.

and even with fast torpedos its still a challenge to land em.  Avg damage per torpedo 5k.  So even if ya hit all 6 on a battle ship 30k if rng is kind.

The play style for this dd is basically sitting back 8km and shooting torps and retreating and repeating when they reloaded again.

This destroyer has no smoke so if there is alot of dd, radar ships, and carriers, you are playing avoidance until your torpedos reloaded.

Its difficult to play because i find the experience of these destroyer because of lack of smoke and poor alpha and not good concealment, you are hanging back or running the whole game till there isnt as many ships to focus fire you on your low hp.

This destroyer i find is more dependent on having good players on your team that push up and support you because of the said deficiencies.

If ya try to gunboat in this too early with too many ships that have a shot on ya you will die fast or have very little hp left.  You cant take caps in this destroyer early because your concealment is not great.

This destroyer is best described as a scavenger, you nickel and dime ships with a 5k torpedo hit here, a 5k torpedo hit there, maybe a few shots of your guns before you turn and run out of detection range.  Its alot of work.

A good game i found in this is 40-60k damage.  If you got alot of campers on your team and the enemy pushing, you have to run, because even with enemy destroyers you gotta land 2 torpedos to kill them.  You cant do anything other than play a harassment role if you have no support and the enemy is pushing.  You better off changing flanks if your teams camping and the enemy is pushing.

If you're trying to contest caps early in the IKEA DDs, you're doing it wrong.  They're meant to harass the flanks, like the French DDs.  Dont try to take caps until the mid/late game, when you can do it uncontested.

[WNNR]
Members
6 posts
6,910 battles

I find the biggest issue being engine survivability. Even with the captain skill and module I spend most of my time without a functioning engine when spotted ([edited] you cv's), even when getting hit from the front. Feels like every other volley is knocking it out. When gun boating against other pan-euro dd's I notice I tend to knock their engines out a lot too. This kind of defeats its purpose of being a fast dd. That aside I am finding them fun to play....mostly.