You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JackSparrow_665

Fat Ships

13 comments in this topic

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

If there's one thing I love in World of Warships, it is fat ships. German BBs are still my favorite ships in the game, but they all look so sleek and skinny. Personally, I prefer the aesthetics of early tier American BB. They're not very long, but they sure are wide. Take the upcoming California for example. 

California Impression - YouTube

If anyone's got pictures of fat ships, share them below. I would also like to know, what are the fattest ships in game? :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,250 posts
25,088 battles

Gotta be Mushi and Yammy, though I thought GkF was up there as well?

[LSNB]
Members
1,582 posts
4,409 battles
16 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Gotta be Mushi and Yammy, though I thought GkF was up there as well?

Isn't GK a long ship?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

Heck West Virginia and the other Standards were so thicc after their Puget Sound refits that they couldn't even fit through the Panama Canal.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,888 posts
11,570 battles

if the introduction of California taught me anything, its that WG now has no excuse to not bring us the '44 version of West Virginia at T7, its basically the same thing as California AA wise but with 16 inch guns, at a tier where most BBs have 16 inch guns, AND WG has 2 premiums at T6 with 16 inch guns, so theres no real excuse here to not bring WV '44 into the game, come on WG, WV '44 is just a huge cash train just waiting to pull into the station, and we know how much you love ships that bring in huge stacks of cash for you

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,091 posts
4,071 battles
2 hours ago, destawaits said:

Isn't GK a long ship?

GK is an island, not a ship. It's both fat and long:Smile_Default:

And yeah, the USN standards have an appeal. That stubby profile really helps with dodging torps. The reason is that in order to add torpedo protection, the USN just slapped more armor (and spacing, etc) on the sides during WWII refits. Kind of the same approach they had with AA guns, just add more:Smile_teethhappy:

But I'm afraid the sleek lines of the Iowas are what I prefer, got to love that speed.