Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

Question Thunderer upgrade

15 comments in this topic

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles

Do you think there is any merit in using the unique Mod  {Damage control party mod 1] in the first slot for the 40% extra action time of your consumables along with damage party 1 and 2 to help with survivability ?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,626 posts
4,984 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

Do you think there is any merit in using the unique Mod  {Damage control party mod 1] in the first slot for the 40% extra action time of your consumables along with damage party 1 and 2 to help with survivability ?

One of Thunderer's strengths is concealment.  As a rule use modules to make your strengths stronger, not to mitigate your weaknesses.

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
334 posts
11,832 battles

Thunderer is too squishy.  Stay at long distance and use those great guns.  I dont have the  unique mode on mine, and think it would be a waste.

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles

The OP is talking about Damage Control Party Mod 1 in SLOT 1, not Slot 5 where CSM1 is.  Taking DCPM1 isn't going to interfere with Stealth - Survival Builds because the associated upgrades are in different slots.

TLC3sFv.jpg

I don't have one but looking at Fitting Tool for Thunderer with and without DCPM1 in Slot 1, Damage Control Party 2 goes from 15 seconds Active time to 21.

Because it doesn't interfere with a Thunderer Stealth - Survival Hybrid Build, it seems like a decent idea to try it, OP.  If Thunderer was a BB with very fragile turrets, maybe no, but she actually has pretty decent turret face protection.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-KIA-]
Members
3,465 posts
14,782 battles

Thunderer shoud be played like a cruiser where you use your stealth to close the distance, find a good spot and blap people.

You don't want to take shot and most of the time, you want to remain undetected actively ambush people so that module is useless.

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles

I think people here are missing a fundamental point that a Battleship by nature is going to get shot at a lot sooner or later in a match, regardless of an ideal method of play :Smile_popcorn:

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
56 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I think people here are missing a fundamental point that a Battleship by nature is going to get shot at a lot sooner or later in a match, regardless of an ideal method of play :Smile_popcorn:

This is true, but if you are getting too much atention from the enemy team, concealment allows you to disengage and reposition. This is important specially in a BB like Thunderer, that is not that tanky. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The OP is talking about Damage Control Party Mod 1 in SLOT 1, not Slot 5 where CSM1 is.  Taking DCPM1 isn't going to interfere with Stealth - Survival Builds because the associated upgrades are in different slots.

TLC3sFv.jpg

I don't have one but looking at Fitting Tool for Thunderer with and without DCPM1 in Slot 1, Damage Control Party 2 goes from 15 seconds Active time to 21.

Because it doesn't interfere with a Thunderer Stealth - Survival Hybrid Build, it seems like a decent idea to try it, OP.  If Thunderer was a BB with very fragile turrets, maybe no, but she actually has pretty decent turret face protection.

Yes this is what I was wondering thank you I will try it see if it gives me better heal .

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
6 hours ago, Xlap said:

This is true, but if you are getting too much atention from the enemy team, concealment allows you to disengage and reposition. This is important specially in a BB like Thunderer, that is not that tanky. 

I still have concealment in slot 5  this mod goes in slot 1 not  5 it’s turret protection or secondary protection I lose not concealment I still have that . You can buy damage control mode 1 in the armory  40 % reduction time of your consumables makes damage control last longer and come up faster .

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

Yes this is what I was wondering thank you I will try it see if it gives me better heal .

DCPM1 only improves the active time for Damage Control Party, not the other consumables.  I made that mistake myself when I first fiddled with it in Fitting Tool wondering why the Repair Party active time didn't change.

On a related note, that mod would do the best on USN BBs, which have the best DCP consumables in the game.  Montana for example, her DCP active time is 20 seconds base.  With DCPM1 it improves to 28 seconds.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,030 posts
10,080 battles

Damage Control Modification 1 is alright.  It changes Thunderer's Damage Control party action time from 15 seconds to 21 seconds -- bringing it in line with an American battleship Damage Control Party (20 seconds).  For this, you're giving up improving the survivability of her main gun batteries which isn't a terrible trade off -- Main Armaments Modification 1 is more useful on battleships that brawl, generally speaking.  Just be aware that youre guns are appreciably more squishy to being temporarily (and permanently) knocked out.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles

Thanks @HazeGrayUnderwayand @LittleWhiteMouse for the clarification . I was just trying to see what I could do to stay alive a little longer in a squishy ship .

I love the guns but not a big fan of sitting way back and snipping I was hoping this would help me to get in a little closer and survive . 

It seems it's not as good a trade off as I had originally hoped for .

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,030 posts
10,080 battles
9 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I love the guns but not a big fan of sitting way back and snipping I was hoping this would help me to get in a little closer and survive . 

Short of getting up close allowing you to decisively murder-death-kill something,, brawling with Thunderer is generally ill advised.  Her 32mm structural plate is just too vulnerable to HE spam and her high water citadel makes return fire from AP shells disastrous, even from heavy cruisers.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Short of getting up close allowing you to decisively murder-death-kill something,, brawling with Thunderer is generally ill advised.  Her 32mm structural plate is just too vulnerable to HE spam and her high water citadel makes return fire from AP shells disastrous, even from heavy cruisers.

Thanks understood ! 

Sign in to follow this