You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TobTorp

is a fail div still a fail div, if you cant fail div?

29 comments in this topic

[SNGNS]
Members
601 posts
6,978 battles

i had a bit of a discussion about this with a clan mate. are fail divs at tier 8, 9 and 10 still a fail division even if you cant meet "ships normally not at your tier."

Thoughts?

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles

The point of a fail div is that the low ship or ships end up facing opposition the MM could not normally pit them against. Tier 4 solo players cannot normally see T6 or T7; T6 solo cannot see T9.

However, since the tiers stop at T10 and T8 can normally see +2, Fail Div is meaningless for Tier 8.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles
6 minutes ago, John_Crace said:

I think fail divs get matched now. So at least it's even if I've got that right.

only for CV I believe.  saw a  fail div of t7x2(shschor and trento) and t8(amagi)   in t10 match last night.   they were claiming how they will make more xp  lol.      it was fun to citadel them with my jean bart  lol. 

Members
3,200 posts
591 battles

I had a fail div of THREE tier ten ships all at, or less than, 1200 battles, and 43% WR or less... so yes a fail div can still happen even at tier ten...

UbbDXXV.gif

PS. if you name a clan is it still against the name and shame rules if you are not naming players>>?>??

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Funny 3

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles
1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I had a fail div of THREE tier ten ships all at, or less than, 1200 battles, and 43% WR or less... so yes a fail div can still happen even at tier ten...

UbbDXXV.gif

PS. if you name a clan is it still against the name and shame rules if you are not naming players>>?>??

that isn't fail div, its a spud div  :D

[K-POP]
Members
3,067 posts
24,572 battles
21 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

UbbDXXV.gif

Must have been me in that DIV sounds about my win rate  in most of my tier 10's oh wait I only have 3 correction all my tier 10's.

Classic Joker  :Smile_great:

Members
2,441 posts
14,510 battles

I was in a game with a full div on our team where the highest WR person in the div was 40%.  I only looked after one of them started barking orders to the team that made no sense.  Needless to say, we lost and they all died in useless positions.

• Funny 1

[TNG-2]
Members
207 posts
14,678 battles

Although technically possible, it's unlikely at tier 8 and 9.

[LSNB]
Members
1,685 posts
5,462 battles
42 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I only looked after one of them started barking orders to the team that made no sense.

Okay, now I'm curious.

[RAIN]
Members
271 posts
8,843 battles
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I was in a game with a full div on our team where the highest WR person in the div was 40%.  I only looked after one of them started barking orders to the team that made no sense.  Needless to say, we lost and they all died in useless positions.

your pfp matches most of your posts

Members
2,441 posts
14,510 battles
2 hours ago, Skyspartan said:

ok?  I guess.  Nice to have someone that is dedicated to reading all my posts!

I know what a fail div is, but it was another type of fail div.  Others posted stuff like it so I figured why not add to the fun. :)

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[DAS]
Members
1,015 posts
9,720 battles

If a tier 8 divs up with a tier 9 or 10, I would call it a half fail since you will get to fight higher tier ships for sure. I know you get more XP kiling higher tier ships but you are still at a disadvantage.

[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts
49 minutes ago, epojokke said:

If a tier 8 divs up with a tier 9 or 10, I would call it a half fail since you will get to fight higher tier ships for sure. I know you get more XP kiling higher tier ships but you are still at a disadvantage.

Depends on the ships. If I get matched against T10s in a T8 BB or DD, it's not really a big deal. It only really hurts if you're in a T8 CL or CV. T8 CAs aren't great, but you usually have the guns necessary to do just fine so long as you're smart about positioning. Plus radar becomes a thing at that tier, so...

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

Anchoring tier 10's with a 9 will guarantee that you don't get the all 10 match. You see tier 8's about 95% of the time and the odd 9/10 game for the rest.

Occasionally this will give you a long queue though.

Edited by grumpymunky
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
9,988 battles
14 hours ago, centarina said:

only for CV I believe.  saw a  fail div of t7x2(shschor and trento) and t8(amagi)   in t10 match last night.   they were claiming how they will make more xp  lol.      it was fun to citadel them with my jean bart  lol. 

I dunno, could have been coincidence, but the other day I was divisioning for a few hours, and they were playing T10s. I didn't want to spam Hindy, because I'm trying to accumulate credits, so I mostly ran Georgia and Musashi.

Every game, I was matched against a T9 BB. 

[NG-NL]
Members
394 posts
10,475 battles

Back in the day, it was fun to run a faildiv with, say, Tier 2 Chikuma and Tier 6 carrier Independence.

That div with 2 Tier 7s in a Tier 10 match sounds fun.

Those who research and analyze player and division stats, I think you're missing some of the joy.

Edited by imaginary_b
Fixed stupid

[-KAK-]
Members
613 posts
12,681 battles
15 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I've noticed a trend between players that have low WRs and players that try to play Admiral. Not to say that everyone who tries to herd the cats in randoms has a low WR, but there seems to be a solid connection (Or it's just more obvious when they're making blatantly odd orders).

[DAS]
Members
1,015 posts
9,720 battles
9 hours ago, Hermetica said:

Depends on the ships. If I get matched against T10s in a T8 BB or DD, it's not really a big deal. It only really hurts if you're in a T8 CL or CV. T8 CAs aren't great, but you usually have the guns necessary to do just fine so long as you're smart about positioning. Plus radar becomes a thing at that tier, so...

It is true that some ships uptier better than others. In the past, it wouldn't have bothered me to get uptiered in most DDs but now, well no thanks.

Still, taking your tier 8 BB into a tier 10 match is making your life more difficult than it has to be.

[XXX]
Members
595 posts
1,603 battles

Can be. I was in discord with a friend as we played BBs. he was t4, I was 5. orion and Iron duke.  We ended up facing tier 7s.

Members
7,122 posts
22,043 battles

Another classic fail div is the three dd's who all go to the same cap and smoke sit all game.

Members
3,200 posts
591 battles
17 hours ago, Skyspartan said:

so... exactly what does this even mean>>>???

and how is it considered "constructive" to this thread and OLD's post's???
I am just curious, for curiosities sake (and other,,,,,,, reasons :Smile_glasses:)

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[RAIN]
Members
271 posts
8,843 battles
8 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

so... exactly what does this even mean>>>???

and how is it considered "constructive" to this thread and OLD's post's???
I am just curious, for curiosities sake (and other,,,,,,, reasons :Smile_glasses:)

basicly his pfp's facepalming goes well on this forum

[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts
16 hours ago, epojokke said:

It is true that some ships uptier better than others. In the past, it wouldn't have bothered me to get uptiered in most DDs but now, well no thanks.

Still, taking your tier 8 BB into a tier 10 match is making your life more difficult than it has to be.

At Tier 8, you're really not facing any new threats as a DD than you would be a Tier 10. Tier 8 is where radar becomes common, and that's by far the biggest bane to DDs outside of CVs, and CVs are dangerous to DDs regardless of tier. What changed to make you reluctant to play DDs when uptiered? As a DD main, I can say that it makes basically no difference to me. The only time a tier difference affects my games is when I'm top tier in a T8, mostly because radar stops being a thing.

And true, a Tier 8 BB in a Tier 10 match is a bit harder... but honestly, the differences aren't huge enough that skill stops being the main deciding factor in who comes out on top. I've taken down many a T10 BB in my Tirpitz, and conversely, I've been taken down in my Thunderer by a Bismarck on more than one occasion.

Edited by Hermetica