You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ghost_90

BB's and CV Divisions has to stop

375 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
10,277 posts
17,433 battles
16 minutes ago, Ghost_90 said:

I was just in a battle with  2 Musashi's and a CV from the same division and clan. The CV went straight for our CV and keep him spotted until our CV was First Blood about 3 minutes into the match.  Needless to say the red CV had free range to harass our DD's and we lost.

I am not sure if this was good play or a dirty trick. 

And again, no down votes, I am just the messenger.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 25
  • Funny 12
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[SNGNS]
Members
479 posts
5,963 battles

its always nice to know that ccs are not there to make the game better but to be an actual menace. im not even a cv main and this makes me angry. good job yuro. you made the game actually worse for everyone.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 18
  • Confused 12
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

if it highlights an issue for the game it may well end up making things better for everyone...  only by exposing this stuff will it ever get changed...

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,626 posts
4,984 battles
1 minute ago, TobTorp said:

its always nice to know that ccs are not there to make the game better but to be an actual menace. im not even a cv main and this makes me angry. good job yuro. you made the game actually worse for everyone.

Not sure Yuro is a CC.  He left the CC program after his trip to Russia and was silent for a long time.  He has been making videos again, but I am not sure it is with CC access or just as a player.  I thought it was just as a player now.

• Cool 1

[SNGNS]
Members
479 posts
5,963 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

if it highlights an issue for the game it may well end up making things better for everyone...  only by exposing this stuff will it ever get changed...

how do you fix this? remove musashi? spawn every cv behind an island?

Just now, Helstrem said:

Not sure Yuro is a CC.  He left the CC program after his trip to Russia and was silent for a long time.  He has been making videos again, but I am not sure it is with CC access or just as a player.  I thought it was just as a player now.

fair point, had not considered that. still crapfrom him. if he wants to ruin games he should do it somewhere else.

• Boring 18

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,877 posts
4,881 battles

oh yes, one of yuro many victims

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SNGNS]
Members
479 posts
5,963 battles
Just now, tcbaker777 said:

who cares? CVs are able to strike anyone, anywhere, anytime, its about time they started feeling the same helplessness that everyone else does, i dont feel bad for them at all, to quote what they said to everyone at the start of the Rework "Just Dodge" doesnt feel so good when your words are thrown back on you huh?

then why do you even play this game anymore? if you hate it this much, just leave. this didn't improve anything. the only thing it did is make it worse. congrats.

• Cool 5
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 25

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,877 posts
4,881 battles
2 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

fair point, had not considered that. still crapfrom him. if he wants to ruin games he should do it somewhere else.

isn't that the point? to sink red ships? it doesn't matter how it done, as long it help your team win

• Cool 11

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,883 posts
11,568 battles
2 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

then why do you even play this game anymore? if you hate it this much, just leave. this didn't improve anything. the only thing it did is make it worse. congrats.

point out where i said i hated the game, this is just another exploit found by Yuro, and it needs SPECFIC ships to work, but youll be hard pressed to find anyone that cares if CV players are suffering from this, CVs have been, and always will be, the most hated ship type in this game and that comes from WG not knowing how to balance the damn things, they didnt know how to balance them in the RTS, they STILL cant balance them now

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 23
  • Confused 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
6 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

No this exposes perhaps something WG didn't intend and it will be up to them to come up with a fix...  perhaps preventing CV's for spotting for the team I don't know...

• Cool 1

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,112 battles
10 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

who cares? CVs are able to strike anyone, anywhere, anytime, its about time they started feeling the same helplessness that everyone else does, i dont feel bad for them at all, to quote what they said to everyone at the start of the Rework "Just Dodge" doesnt feel so good when your words are thrown back on you huh?

I do agree with this. It is about time that CVs get to taste some of their own medicine.

However, this is something that will also affect the other 11 ships on the team as soon as the CV goes down. You don't want 3 people sitting in the back just picking off ships at random.

• Cool 3

[SNGNS]
Members
479 posts
5,963 battles
Just now, MajorRenegade said:

isn't that the point? to sink red ships? it doesn't matter how it done, as long it help your team win

...so why are we angry at wg for making the game what it is? its only sinking red ships, why be angry if thats done by cv, or smolensk, kremlin. i know. maybe wg should introduce the goddamn anti shipping rockets on smaland for real. its just sinking ships.

Just now, tcbaker777 said:

point out where i said i hated the game, this is just another exploit found by Yuro, and it needs SPECFIC ships to work, but youll be hard pressed to find anyone that cares if CV players are suffering from this, CVs have been, and always will be, the most hated ship type in this game

ohh people will care about it. enough people like you (who dont like cvs) have musashis and getting a tier 8 cv is also no problem. if i had to guess these posts will not stop in the next few weeks, maybe months. and playing against this will be worse then any cv. because a cv hits you for maybe 5 to 10 thousands (if you activelly try to prevent being hit),  two musashis coordinating fire with a cv hit for a lot more then that.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 10

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
17 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

And again, no down votes, I am just the messenger.

+1 for you, seeing CVs tasting their own medicine is always nice.

• Cool 15
  • Boring 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Welcome to "World of CVs"... This is just CVs tasting their own medicine... CVs are always striking other ships wihtout any counterplay. 

Fun thing, if it wanst by a CV spotting the other one, things like this would never happen... 

• Cool 18
  • Boring 1

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,587 posts
19,526 battles
32 minutes ago, Ghost_90 said:

I was just in a battle with  2 Musashi's and a CV from the same division and clan. The CV went straight for our CV and keep him spotted until our CV was First Blood about 3 minutes into the match.  Needless to say the red CV had free range to harass our DD's and we lost.

I am not sure if this was good play or a dirty trick. 

Happened to me the other night in my Kaga...soon as I saw the div I went after the two mushys ....we won ...I survived.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[TBW]
Members
10,277 posts
17,433 battles

I believe this was happening before Yuro videoed it.

• Cool 2

Members
235 posts

Personally I think DD divisions are the worst, I would love to see what the win percentage is when you are in a game that one team has all their DDs in a division, I bet its way lower than any other single class division, as they tend to all group in one area and screw the rest of the team from a DD screen or cap points 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[RLGN]
Members
14,244 posts
25,057 battles
5 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

This game is headed down the same cesspool path that Tanks has already traveled. I voiced my concern about that briefly five years ago, and now it’s coming to pass.

2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

point out where i said i hated the game, this is just another exploit found by Yuro, and it needs SPECFIC ships to work, but youll be hard pressed to find anyone that cares if CV players are suffering from this, CVs have been, and always will be, the most hated ship type in this game and that comes from WG not knowing how to balance the damn things, they didnt know how to balance them in the RTS, they STILL cant balance them now

WG would have been better off combining some of the FPS nerfs with the RTS system, but they were so fixated on reinventing the wheel, (square wheel is good!) that I doubt they ever seriously considered doing so.

Not like players hadn’t been suggesting such fixes since 2017...

... you know; the ‘Year of the Carrier?’

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

Members
136 posts
11,292 battles

Ha! I watched that video and wondered if anyone would take Yuro up on it. I wonder how many CVs are going to complain about being attacked from the other side of the map with little to no counterplay...

Oh wait...:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,244 posts
25,057 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Happened to me the other night in my Kaga...soon as I saw the div I went after the two mushys ....we won ...I survived.

Good for you.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,626 posts
4,984 battles
3 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

I bet you moved right off the bat too.  This only works on CVs who treat the CV part of their toolkit as an island airfield and leave it where it spawns.

• Cool 4

[SIDE]
Members
4,653 posts
22 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

It makes the game worse for... EVERYONE...

Take time to look past yourself once in a while.

• Cool 7
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 14

[SNGNS]
Members
479 posts
5,963 battles
Just now, thebigblue said:

It makes the game worse for... EVERYONE...

Take time to look past yourself once in a while.

THANK YOU!

i dont have a problem with a cv getting killed but this tactic works on anything not dd or kremlin. people dont complain about cvs getting hammered but wait until your des moine, or balti or zao get insta deleted in the first 2 min.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 10