You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
24,191 battles

Many of the ships in the game went down with crews.  These are often not marked as to location, but where they are known, the law tries to protect them from looting.  For those who do have frequent access allowed, such as the Arizona, the visitors act with respect.  Is it really respectful to include such ships in the game?  There are other ships of the same class and type that could be chosen instead.  Until last week, all ship nations represented in the game were countries engaged in fighting the Axis and/or Allied threat to their countries.  They were manned by men dedicated to their countries.  Why now bring a line of destroyers named after and modeled after the Swedish Navy?  The Swedes sat back on their butts war profiteering by channeling military goods through their country to Germany.  Their regular and reserve divisions posed very little threat to German occupied Norway.  They do not deserve mention in any game that involves warfare, unless it is based on the war against Peter the Great or the 30 Years War. In any case, the destroyers introduced are so similar to the French in qualities that they are no better.  French ships, without smoke, are neither realistic, nor practical in the game.

• Funny 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

Members
2,119 posts
6,343 battles

Your taking this Arcade game much to seriously......:cap_cool:

[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,106 battles
2 hours ago, m60a1tanker said:

For those who do have frequent access allowed, such as the Arizona, the visitors act with respect.  Is it really respectful to include such ships in the game?

I think WG, out of respect, used the USS Pennsylvania and overpainted the name with Arizona ...  

Feeling better now ?   :-)

[BTLST]
Members
616 posts
9,413 battles

Don't forget Hood!     I'm funny because I can't bring myself to have the Arizona in my fleet, nor the Hood, as I was born on the same day the Hood vaporized itself with only 3 survivors out of over 1,300 men aboard her at the time.    Just my own thing.

[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts

Lame troll attempt. If we applied your standard then almost all IJN ships could not be put into the game.

[BTLST]
Members
616 posts
9,413 battles

I rarely comment back but I will this time.    I lived through the latter part of WWII & have vivid memories of it occurring,   Had famiy in it and nearly all the adults at that time had served.   That was the last war our nation fought that impacted every citizen through rationing and newsreels that were shown before the movies of the war.    No war since has really impacted the citizens of our nation as that war and WWI did.

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,961 posts
6,096 battles
On 3/29/2020 at 3:47 PM, m60a1tanker said:

Is it really respectful to include such ships in the game?  There are other ships of the same class and type that could be chosen instead

Most of the ships from the Axis nations went down with crew. We will have to remove the entire IJN. And 75% of the German ships. 

Until last week, all ship nations represented in the game were countries engaged in fighting the Axis and/or Allied threat to their countries.

You know this is not a ww2 game? There are ships from 1899 (Albany) till the early 60's. 

the destroyers introduced are so similar to the French in qualities that they are no bette

French destroyer: Fast, big guns, high HP, mediun torps
Swedish DD: slow, small guns, low hp, xtremely fast torps.

I really can't find a similitude between these two. 

Members
92 posts
2,073 battles
20 hours ago, Talleyrand said:

We will have to remove the entire IJN.

Don't take this the wrong way but technically we would still have Nagato (not that that makes it any better).

[FURIA]
1,961 posts
6,096 battles
1 hour ago, skytank_invader said:

Don't take this the wrong way but technically we would still have Nagato (not that that makes it any better).

Off ocurse! And a few Destroyers

Members
4,370 posts
11,269 battles
21 hours ago, Talleyrand said:

French destroyer: Fast, big guns, high HP, mediun torps

Swedish DD: slow, small guns, low hp, xtremely fast torps.

I really can't find a similitude between these two. 

No smoke? :Smile_trollface:

[FURIA]
1,961 posts
6,096 battles
2 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

No smoke? :Smile_trollface:

There!