Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HannibalCane

There is something Broken with BB shells since Patch.

6 comments in this topic

[7-TH]
Members
160 posts
13,909 battles

I just finished a game in my Ohio. I hit a broadside Henry at least 10 times and got 6-7 over-pens. These were well aimed shots both to just above waterline or in between waterline and the deck. This has been going on with every cruiser I shoot at, though occasionally I get a cit or two. They are cruisers people say, so I should expect that, which I do to some extent. But this is ridiculous.  It is also happening when I hit BB's. Constant over-pens, bounces or ricochets, even against ships with solid armor sailing broadside that I see solid hits on. I even tried shooting at the main belts of some ships and I still get over-pens.  I was so excited to get the Ohio but now I don't even want to play it.

I'm seeing this with every BB I play when I use AP. The shells are significantly less effective than they were before the patch. Has anyone else noticed this or am I having a really bad streak? My BB win rate is way down since the patch. I don't even want to talk about ships like the Smolensk (5 over-pens in 1 salvo at short range). Just change to HE I'm told. Well, the Smol appears broadside, I have AP loaded and I have a choice, shoot or try to change shells and I know he will pop smoke so I shoot.

I've only been playing the game about 9 months but it seems to be less and less fun. Something appears very broken.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

nope,   I've been playing republique and it has been working fine.   smolensk did receive armor nerf, which translate to more overpen  lol.   

Members
4,451 posts
19,409 battles

BB AP still cit my Cruisers with predictable regularity so nothing's changed that I can see.

[7-TH]
Members
160 posts
13,909 battles
5 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

BB AP still cit my Cruisers with predictable regularity so nothing's changed that I can see.

Unfortunately it's all anecdotal. Without access to a training room and both patches, there is no way to test. They may a lot of changes to armor and pen in this patch and there is very good chance something is off. They have made big mistakes before. Even an increase of 20% in over-pens is huge nerf to BB's.

Edited by KristopherKringle

Members
4,451 posts
19,409 battles
Just now, KristopherKringle said:

Unfortunately it's all anecdotal. Without access to a training room and both patches, there is no way to test. They may a lot of changes to armor and pen in this patch and there very good chance something is off. They have made big mistakes before. Even and increase of 20% in over-pens is huge nerf to BB's.

As a Cruiser main, if that was so I would'n't shed a tear.

[7-TH]
Members
160 posts
13,909 battles

I like cruisers as well, but I don't want to win because Wargaming made a mistake. They made major changes and some ships may not be working the way they should.

Sign in to follow this