You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SgtSpud

My Karma Point......

11 comments in this topic

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
21,867 battles

So this happened last night, playing with a couple of div mates. We had just finished a match and one of my mates says..." Oh look, I just lost my Karma point" I almost fell off my seat laughing.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
219 posts
7,108 battles

Always amuses me the pettiness of votes. Even if it is theoretically earned for bad behaviour, most treat it like some kind of vengeance tool thereby undermining their moral high ground.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
221 posts
11,381 battles

They should only allow positive Karma. The negative is too subjective and morons can abuse it and wreck your rating.

I had an idiot in a Gearing harassing me last night because he felt I should have followed him into the cap in a GK facing two Shimakazes, a Smolensk, a Conqueror, and a Yammo which was positioned to drill my broadside had I entered like he wanted me to. 

I supported him from the minute we spawned. I helped take out the Des Moines and the Wooster that were shooting at him, I was at around 105,000 damage just 5 minutes into the round.

He was one of these guys screaming about "BBabies" not doing their job ... I KNOW he hit me with negative karma because he told me in chat it was all my fault ( and everyone elses ) that he died.

He actually said it was MY job to sail up beside him and "absorb the torp hits for him" . I was in secondary range of 4 of those ships the entire time.

Oh did I mention he overextended into the C cap within 2 minutes of round start without even knowing the reds positioning, and that he ended up being annihilated by those 7 ships? And that he didn't even pop smoke?

But I lose the Karma point.

We went on to win, I got 4 ships and near 200,000 damage and I think I was top score with three achievements including dev strike and confederate.

• Boring 2

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
21,867 battles
1 hour ago, BCGrog said:

They should only allow positive Karma.

Agree totally...but the point of the post was that my mate only had "one" karma point to lose!

• Funny 1

[-BRF-]
Beta Testers
54 posts
4,263 battles

I'm getting there. Currently with 2 points. Ranked is a good way to farm negative karma, I recommend it.

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

karma and those silly bored faces are WGs way to keep empowering  tiny people who are too afraid to own their comments and insults.

I personally would own every single thing I post and do.  WG should let us have UNLIMITED Upvotes... Nothing worse than running out of " Thank you" votes when so many more people try to help here than act like hurt kiddies.    Some of us run out of UPvotes and never run out of silly insulting faces.  

Wanna have some fun?  Wait till your Karma is above 10 then play a Smole or CV and see how few rounds it takes to go back to 0

Fun time : )

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

lol. My favorite thing in game is to here %@#$^%$&#%^*^%* REPORTED!

My reply is this:

Apparently  you do not understand game mechanics or the reporting system, Please learn both and stop hiding on the back line and complaining about others.

Typically its followed up by the original gentleman cussing like a sailor so I then answer.

You have violated Chat Decor allow me to report you for abuse of chat...... This typically sends them off in to more of a tangent. Yes my friend im sarcastic and sometimes its fun making kids have a conniption fit.

Heck build up 20 karma points take out a Smolensk or Colbert and see how fast you lose it all.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
2 hours ago, Mustangrde1 said:

lol. My favorite thing in game is to here %@#$^%$&#%^*^%* REPORTED!

My reply is this:

Apparently  you do not understand game mechanics or the reporting system, Please learn both and stop hiding on the back line and complaining about others.

Nothing better than a cool, calm and intelligent response/put down ... well done.

One of the cooler ones I heard about was someone replying to a hack accusation with "00101101101100011010011010100101...."  It may have been Kix