Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
StorageUnit

Moskva becoming Premium

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
5 posts
31 battles

When is the date that its coming? Tomorrow?  I am on the the Chapayev, 50k exp away from the T9.  If the update is happening tomorrow, I may not want to go the Donskoi's route.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,145
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

update should be 4/8   since that is when the pe DD event ends.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
783
[WOLFC]
Members
1,612 posts
9,445 battles
4 minutes ago, centarina said:

update should be 4/8   since that is when the pe DD event ends.    

It will be at least one patch out from that. Next patch is part 2 of the EU DD event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[5D2]
[5D2]
Members
384 posts
8,344 battles

You should have a month or so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[EQRN]
Members
2,026 posts
17,405 battles

Is it that soon?  I thought next patch is EU pt2, and then the patch after that is the RU cruiser split and that is when Moskva/Kirov get a transmetal upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[DOG]
Members
1,103 posts
11,756 battles
8 minutes ago, StorageUnit said:

ok sweet.. i should make it by then lol

Also, as tier 9 grinds go, Donskoi is actually kind of fun.  Those 7" guns sort of hit a sweet spot between HE spam and being able to citadel things with AP, although mostly you'll find yourself doing the HE spam, since it yields better damage numbers over time.  And, of course, it's fragile if you show the slightest bit of broadside.  But having a repair party helps.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,339 posts
11,177 battles

The absolute soonest would be May 6th (assuming we don’t have an update pushed back a week again), since next patch is the full release of the EU DDs and there’s almost no chance WG would overlap two line releases/splits in the same patch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[PSFL]
Members
33 posts
13,284 battles

Isnt the Moskva becoming a 'Special' ship and not a Premium?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,130
[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,626 posts
4,987 battles
19 minutes ago, Rustycan99 said:

Isnt the Moskva becoming a 'Special' ship and not a Premium?

Yes, but the only difference is that special ships don't have economic bonuses.  Note that all the special ships are the tier Xs and the early access ships.  All other ships in which captains can be moved freely, even the ARP ships, are now premiums with economic bonuses.  It is a grey area as to WG's stance on buffing/nerfing special ships compared to premiums.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
235 posts
2 hours ago, zubalkabir said:

Also, as tier 9 grinds go, Donskoi is actually kind of fun.  Those 7" guns sort of hit a sweet spot between HE spam and being able to citadel things with AP, although mostly you'll find yourself doing the HE spam, since it yields better damage numbers over time.  And, of course, it's fragile if you show the slightest bit of broadside.  But having a repair party helps.

I'm in the process of trying to complete this line and have to agree the Dmitri Donskoi is a really fun ship, especially after the Chapayev which might be my least favorite higher tier cruiser that I have played since the "old" Baltimore. It hits other cruisers really hard, as you say its a pretty good HE spammer and for the first (and only time right now) it has usable and hard hitting torps, without question a ship worth keeping..... even if it does turn like a drunken Battleship!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-MEG-]
Members
1 post
6,372 battles

I was wondering, will the Legendary mod mission stay active? I don't have it finished and I have some considerable work to finish it. My fear is that it will disappear and other Moskva's will have that advantage if you remove it. Can you please enlighten me? Thanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[TNG-2]
Members
203 posts
14,166 battles

9.4

9.3 is released next week Wednesday.  So you actually have about 35 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
505 posts
6,641 battles
On 3/29/2020 at 9:34 PM, Helstrem said:

Yes, but the only difference is that special ships don't have economic bonuses.

No, the point is they are **not** premium which means WG will tweak them as they see fit **because** they are **not Premium**, they are special.  A "small" difference but an important difference.

As an example, look at the new DD and current CL line in the tech tree for the European line.  Are they are all special or are they all premium?  Can you honestly say they are not going to be balance tweaked at any point in the future?    I have been advised in the below post that this is normal, first time I noticed that, thanks @Ensign_Cthulhu.

People are going to be upset because no-one is saying that there **is** in actual fact a difference and everyone is viewing these Special ships as premium ships, which they are not.  At some point WG will put their foot in it and make changes most likely not good for the player base if history is anything to go by. 

 

Moskva is NOT premium, it is special, there is a difference.

Spoiler

How long till WG screw the player base over again?  

I restarted my clock a few weeks back, your clock restart might have been a bit before / after mine, but the timer is running down.

 

Edited by Squib_Surefire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,942
[ARGSY]
Members
19,984 posts
14,272 battles
2 minutes ago, Squib_Surefire said:

As an example, look at the new DD line in the tech tree.  Are they are all special or are they all premium?

They are specials in the pre-release phase so that you can put existing captains from that nation in them to try them out at maximum efficiency. They will all revert to standard tech-tree ships when the line goes "live" next Wednesday 8 April, and any captain except the one they came with will have to be retrained to that ship.

This has always been the case with new releases since I can remember (French BB, 2018). 

On that note, this is the first line I can remember to have a major change announced in the pre-release phase; their torpedoes will become researchable, as opposed to just starting off with the one set like they do now. T5 and up will start with the torpedoes of the previous ship and you will have to research the torpedoes that the pre-release ships currently have. (If you have one of them in pre-release, you will keep the final module - which is what they have now - when the tree goes live.)

Previous major changes (e.g. the British destroyers getting propulsion mod 2 baked in and having their torpedoes reset from wide/single to narrow/single, the game-changer that stopped them from being the worst DDs in WOWS) have IIRC always happened while they were still in the CC/supertest try-out stage.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
505 posts
6,641 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They are specials in the pre-release phase so that you can put existing captains from that nation in them to try them out at maximum efficiency. They will all revert to standard tech-tree ships when the line goes "live" next Wednesday 8 April, and any captain except the one they came with will have to be retrained to that ship.

This has always been the case with new releases since I can remember (French BB, 2018). 

On that note, this is the first line I can remember to have a major change announced in the pre-release phase; their torpedoes will become researchable, as opposed to just starting off with the one set like they do now. T5 and up will start with the torpedoes of the previous ship and you will have to research the torpedoes that the pre-release ships currently have. (If you have one of them in pre-release, you will keep the final module - which is what they have now - when the tree goes live.)

Previous major changes (e.g. the British destroyers getting propulsion mod 2 baked in and having their torpedoes reset from wide/single to narrow/single, the game-changer that stopped them from being the worst DDs in WOWS) have IIRC always happened while they were still in the CC/supertest try-out stage.

If that is true that they will revert to standard ships, I stand corrected on using that as an example.  

The rest of my comments remain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,942
[ARGSY]
Members
19,984 posts
14,272 battles
34 minutes ago, Squib_Surefire said:

Moskva is NOT premium, it is special, there is a difference.

I would not anticipate any major changes to Moskva; she has been a tech-tree ship (and thus subject to rebalance at any time) for so long that any significant changes have already been made. Ditto Kirov, at Tier 5.

The others are, in my opinion, relatively safe; they have been in the game for many months now (in the case of Salem, years). The stand-out is Smolensk, which is being "balanced" by being withdrawn for an indefinite period (so that no more get into the game). On that basis, I would not expect major changes to her either - IMHO if that was going to happen, they'd have rebalanced/nerfed her instead of pulling her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×