Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JackSparrow_665

Quick Question

13 comments in this topic

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

I'm not trying to be cynical or anything, but I've always wondered: do you have a higher chance of winning a lottery than getting a premium ship out of the supercontainer? Has anyone done the math?

Edited by JackSparrow_665
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,058 posts
8,308 battles

I've won $5k on a scratch ticket once, and an Arizona from an SC.

So probably about the same lol.

• Funny 1

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

LOTTERY.... I Win at least on scratchers  1:30 and on Lotto 1:45 we are talking over $20.00 win

30 THOUSAND games here divided by 3 containerspossiblea day = 10,000 chances and so far 0:10,000 chance for me. 

But to make it more clear... the Odds are better of you staying Sober and not Stoned at a Grateful Dead Concert, then getting  ship from  container.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
11 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

I'm not trying to be cynical or anything, but I've always wondered: do you have a higher chance of winning a lottery than getting a premium ship out of the supercontainer? Has anyone done the math?

The odds of getting a ship in a supercontainer are many powers of ten greater than winning a lottery. I've gotten two. I think that the odds of getting a supercontainer are about 1% and the odds of that supercontainer containing a ship are also about 1%. Therefore, the odds of you getting a container with a ship in it on a normal container drop are about one in a thousand.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
22 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

SC dont give out ships anymore... SO I would say, play the lottery...

What do you mean? I didn't hear anything about this.

[WORX]
Members
10,675 posts
18,567 battles
1 minute ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

What do you mean? I didn't hear anything about this.

IMO, based on educated guess... SC with ships are propably reserved for the very green/new players (even that is rare)...

While old vets will get Camo or other resources SC... The numbers dont look good for getting ships from SC for older players...

Yeah there have been a change in the percentage in getting ships from regular SC.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

its rare, I've gotten 3  in 3 years+  of play.   about 1 a year.    (including christmas super container)   so 1 in 1k chance probably. 

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

SC dont give out ships anymore... SO I would say, play the lottery...

I got one in a SC just a couple of months ago.  It was only a T5 Viribus Unitis, but a ship none-the-less.   It was a rarity for me, since I had hardly gotten any SCs in the past few years, let alone a ship in one.

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
1 hour ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

In 3 years I've had one ship...….it was the Atlanta; isn't that ironic! :Smile_teethhappy:

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles

giphy.gif

Members
667 posts
9,190 battles

I've gotten some free containers(no ships) but never paid for one. Does WG have an official post anywhere describing what you can actually expect odds-wise if you buy one?

Also, this just in: The lottery is a tax on people that are bad at math.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

Sign in to follow this