You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Concealment-Build Kleber

12 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,347 posts
14,130 battles

With the recent detectability nerf to Kleber, does it make a concealment-build obsolete now in the same way Khabarovsk is?

Is a full gun build more optimal these days?

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai, your input here would also be much appreciated if you have a sec to spare.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,903 battles

I can't believe this is even a question … 

What has this game come to when a DD player questions the value of concealment?

Can you really afford to have enemy DDs spot you before you spot them?

Don't you still have to position and disengage at some point?

Do you ever use torps?

I guess with CVs, radar, flood and other nerfs - who cares right :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Boring 2

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
31 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I can't believe this is even a question … 

What has this game come to when a DD player questions the value of concealment?

Can you really afford to have enemy DDs spot you before you spot them?

Don't you still have to position and disengage at some point?

Do you ever use torps?

I guess with CVs, radar, flood and other nerfs - who cares right :)

It's a dd without smoke, already out spotted by even some concealment cruisers and it's meant to use its guns. It is not going to sneak around and contest caps and stealth torps things. If a player is doing that with it, they need to pick a different dd that is better at those jobs. 

It's guns mean that it is easy to play at your concealment range and stop shooting to go dark. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,903 battles
28 minutes ago, TheLastRollOfToiletPaper said:

It's a dd without smoke, already out spotted by even some concealment cruisers and it's meant to use its guns. It is not going to sneak around and contest caps and stealth torps things. If a player is doing that with it, they need to pick a different dd that is better at those jobs. 

It's guns mean that it is easy to play at your concealment range and stop shooting to go dark. 

Yeah, I get that … it's the new meta and that's all that you have left to play

In EVE we call those frigates "Speed Tanks" lol 

Irony intended

Edited by Commander_367

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles

I don't see any value in CE for Kleber other than to optimize a few chances here and there to sneak into torpedo range on isolated BBs.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,903 battles
45 minutes ago, legozer said:

I don't see any value in CE for Kleber other than to optimize a few chances here and there to sneak into torpedo range on isolated BBs.

CE is dead and torps have higher detect and do less damage … 

It's all about speed now 

Wot wheelies finally made it to Wows :)

Who needs reborks when you can import failure from other games 

Edited by Commander_367

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,644 posts
34,911 battles

I don't run CE in Kleber or Khaba, or Udaloi for that matter.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,340 posts
19,557 battles

Concealment is still situationally useful on Mogador/Kleber. It lets you shadow a friendly destroyer a bit more closely to ambush enemy ones, start a torp yolo closer, turn and charge a tailing enemy destroyer (he'll have less reaction time to turn around), or squeeze through a gap on the map edge without being spotted.

But if you're mostly going to sit at range and burn things down, you could skip it if you want.

• Cool 1

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles

I still run CE on every DD. Having the ability to stealth torp and move about at will is far more important to me than acting like I'm a small cruiser. That I happen to BE one is just icing on the proverbial cake. Lol.

• Cool 1

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,421 posts
13,446 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

With the recent detectability nerf to Kleber, does it make a concealment-build obsolete now in the same way Khabarovsk is?

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai, your input here would also be much appreciated if you have a sec to spare.

I still run concealment on mine.  I don’t get as much value out of other things like AFT because the flight time gets a bit long for what I’d like, larger gun bloom issues, or with IFHE having trashed fire chance on DD guns making it harder to pressure BBs. It’s about the only option left.

Concealment gets me closer to use my torps more often and lets me to bring AP MBRB to bear more often on targets.  My issue with AFT builds is often times you likely won’t inflict meaningful amounts of damage unless you are inside non AFT ranges anyways.  Sure you can farm damage but that damage is likely the least impactful on the game.

I would consider IFHE in a CB style scenario where there are far more lightly armored ships than you see in random.  Especially if you are hunting with a team of Klebers where you can wreck a CA with focused fire and MBRB.  

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai
  • Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,903 battles
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

… 

But if you're mostly going to sit at range and burn things down, you could skip it if you want.

Bingo ^

DDs become farmers 

Edited by Commander_367

[KIA-A]
Members
911 posts
5,323 battles
5 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I run CE on mine because I still use the torps every now and then since they are very useful when in range of ships.