You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Random Thoughts from Deep R'lyeh: the cost of Swedish Meatballs

6 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,462 posts
17,427 battles

If you finish all the directives and collected all the gimme containers from daily supply, you are guaranteed the Visby. Grinding out her permacamo is not onerous. The Visby and her camo are practically a gimme in this game. So let's ignore the cost of that.

If you bought doubloon bundles or that big package in the premium shop (looks like it's now gone), consider that the up-front cost of permacamo for T6 to T10 is 15,000 doubloons, or the cash equivalent thereof. If you spent more than that, you short-changed yourself.

The ships themselves will be free to obtain in about ten days. That seems to be what a whole lot of people seem to forget. 

• Boring 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The ships themselves will be free to obtain in about ten days. That seems to be what a whole lot of people seem to forget. 

Exactly this.  Why shell out anything for something you can get for free with patience?

On the other hand, what really is the push for permacamos at anything under T8?  There are countless expendable camos that have far greater benefits than the permacamos offered at T5 - T7.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,462 posts
17,427 battles
49 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

There are countless expendable camos that have far greater benefits than the permacamos offered at T5 - T7.

If you are power-grinding the ship to get to the next ship, yes.

If you are power-grinding a captain in that ship to 19 points (especially in scenarios or some form of Ranked), yes.

On the other hand, for casual or extensive co-op play in a ship you have already ground out, not burning an expendable camo every time you take her out is a smart move. The same goes for the way I generally grind my ships, as incremental campaigns a few thousand XP at a time over months.

[CK5]
Members
1,526 posts
16,305 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu, I do exactly the same thing.  Once I have a 19 pointer for a ship I just rely on perma-camos for casual play, especially for T5-T7 ships.  There is no such thing as low-value permanent camo.  

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,243 posts
22,887 battles

I'm (sort of) collecting permanent cammo for tech tree ships that I may never play. But just in case I do I will have them. It is better to use them than the expendable ones when the opportunity presents.

Spoiler

Ajax 1940 Leander
Bionic Buffalo
Bionic Charles Martel
Bionic Baltimore
Bionic Algerie
Bionic Saint Louis
Bionic Pensacola
Bionic New Orleans
Bionic La Galissonniere
Blade Wakatake
Congratulatory Monarch
Congratulatory Charles Martel
Congratulatory New Orleans
Congratulatory Z-23
Congratulatory Kiev
Freedom Baltimore
Freedom Cleveland
From the Bottom of the Ocean Bismarck
Jackal Nassau
Leningrad Defense Minsk
New Year Normandie
New Year Dallas
New Year Nurnberg
New Year Icarus
New Year Hatsuharu
New Year Not Linked to T8
Nobilium Lexington
Ocean Liner Normandie
Octopus Mogami
Pacific Squadron Varyag
Royal Navy Lightning
Scarab Charles Martel
Snowy New Mexico
Snowy Queen Elizabeth
Snowy La Galissonniere
Snowy Ernst Gaede
Snowy Fushun
The Last Conquest Bismarck
The Maid of Orleans Richelieu
Three Crowns Visby
Three Crowns Vasteras
Type 12 Bayern
Type 12 Fuso
Type 12 Leander
Type 12 Budyonny
Type 12 Farragut
Type 16 Pensacola
Type 17 Minsk
Type 18 Cleveland
Unsinkable Sam Bismarck
Varg Bismarck
Victorian White Hawkins
Wings of the Crown Implacable

[RLGN]
Members
15,693 posts
27,458 battles

Or just ignore the line.

WG is apparently desperate to get me to not do so, considering the tokens my € containers dropped, (2-3 ships worth maybe?) but right now the camo or signals I can get with those token have more value to me, since I have no intention of playing anything except Gryf, and even then just for 5 PvP and 5 PvE.