Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

Another torpedo gripe

17 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
834 posts
3,378 battles

coop battle tier 3 Japan destroyer, I was 3 miles away fired all 4, a tam mate was on the other side but it didn't matter since all 4 went right into the side of that cruiser....then under it and sank my team mate?

Its bad enough bots can tell how many, and when and where your going to fire a torpedo, but do they have to miss when we hit them in the middle of he ship?

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,196 posts

replay?  haven't seen any go through even if already dead long as still floating

[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
36 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

coop battle tier 3 Japan destroyer, I was 3 miles away fired all 4, a tam mate was on the other side but it didn't matter since all 4 went right into the side of that cruiser....then under it and sank my team mate?

Its bad enough bots can tell how many, and when and where your going to fire a torpedo, but do they have to miss when we hit them in the middle of he ship?

3 miles multiplied by 1.6 equals 4.8 km.
I'm pretty sure the torpedoes would have armed by that time.  :-)

The replay for this should be entertaining.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i can't believe how many torps dd's can spam at high tiers...  I swear i just faced what had to be 2 volleys of 8-16 torps each...   i haven't played in years but never remember the spam this bad...   guessing over the years the complaints that people can't hit anything have led to WG just allowing more spam?

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i can't believe how many torps dd's can spam at high tiers...  I swear i just faced what had to be 2 volleys of 8-16 torps each...   i haven't played in years but never remember the spam this bad...   guessing over the years the complaints that people can't hit anything have led to WG just allowing more spam?

Was that a random?  Maybe it was 2 DDs working together and cross torping you.   

Strange complaint though.  Try being in a DD and having 5 ships " Spamming" you.  as soon as you get spotted.  It's just called focus fire. 

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Boring 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,760 posts
6,003 battles
7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

DD torp spam is definitely not as bad as it used to be.  It is still quite deadly if you don't anticipate it and if the enemy DDs manage to coordinate.  The new Euro line does spam torps a lot more, but they also hit a lot softer.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

You might want to post a replay on that one... That is the forum minimum requirement on these types of accusations.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,911 posts
7,800 battles
5 hours ago, SKurj said:

Benham has 16 it can fire every 70 seconds or so, some have torp reload boosters they can use, as well as 2 DDs working together.  Shima has 3 racks and will send 15 at a time. Mogador has 4 sets 3 and 2 pack per side, kleber has 4 racks in 2 3 packs per side.

[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles

Nicholas = four racks of 3 tubes each, two racks starboard, two racks port-side.

Fubuki = 3 racks of 3 tubes each = 9 in a salvo
Akatsuki = same as Fubuki

Mahan = 3 racks

Yuudachi = two racks of 4 tubes, but has access to the torpedo reload booster consumable (provides one reload in 8 seconds).  So 8 + 8 = 16.

There are other DD's with even greater capabilities, as other people have mentioned.  Also, several Cruisers are equipped with four racks of torpedo launchers.  :-)

[CLUMP]
Members
1,515 posts
2,180 battles

Those bots on CO-OP play a lot better than some players I have played many CO-OP battles and people don't even bother to dodge sometimes :Smile_facepalm: Also, bots have extreme accuracy with some weapons and avoid stuff very good as well :Smile-angry: Try hitting a Cruiser or DD with torps while they are focus on you it's like their reading your mind or something :Smile_ohmy:

Edited by LastRemnant

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
2 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

Benham has 16 it can fire every 70 seconds or so, some have torp reload boosters they can use, as well as 2 DDs working together.  Shima has 3 racks and will send 15 at a time. Mogador has 4 sets 3 and 2 pack per side, kleber has 4 racks in 2 3 packs per side.

pretty sure there was a benham in game, which may explain it.

[WPORT]
Members
8,118 posts
13,166 battles
28 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Replay?

+1

[NEMO]
Members
834 posts
3,378 battles
4 hours ago, SKurj said:

pretty sure there was a benham in game, which may explain it.

A what?

I'm looking for the replay I deleted all of them the other day because apparently my computer only saves a few at a time, I couldn't find the one I was looking for, the fact I was pink for 2 battles isn't what bothers me its HOW it happened that bothers me

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
7 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

A what?

I'm looking for the replay I deleted all of them the other day because apparently my computer only saves a few at a time, I couldn't find the one I was looking for, the fact I was pink for 2 battles isn't what bothers me its HOW it happened that bothers me

My apologies for the hijack, that response was in response to another poster who responded to my gripe about all the torp spam.

[NEMO]
Members
834 posts
3,378 battles

Oh ok

guys I looked for the replay, but all I k=can find is one from a week ago where the bot moved and a team mate ran into my torpedoes, so I deleted everyone of them and will start over and I'll label each video at the end of the night I'll move the ones I need to post to another folder, only question I have is this does the game save them top to bottom or bottom to top?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

you can sort the files in the replay folder by date, using windows explorer... the date and timestamp are in the name of the replay and of course the date they were created is displayed in windows.

CHeck your replay folder, with patch 9.2 a new folder was created in my replay folder and thats where all the new replays are:

D:\World_of_Warships\replays\0.9.2.0

Sign in to follow this