Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bravo4zero

GK - The Phoenix?

4 comments in this topic

[LANCE]
Members
792 posts
5,886 battles

Ok, I get that all nations have to have a gimmick to make them different from the rest. The German BB line has secondaries and [edited]-eyed dispersion. But why does it have the 3rd gimmick of having its crew swab the deck with napalm and cover the entire deck with fuel drums??

I have 2 x dmg com modules and my Captain has the Fire Prevention skill but still if a ship even aims at me with HE loaded it just explodes into flames!!

Any suggestions for trying to stop burning up so quickly? ... other than sit at the back and snipe, plz!

Good luck all and stay safe!

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,025 posts
11,577 battles

In the words of James T Kirk - "Pray Savik - the Klingon's don't take prisoners"

Despite what the wiki says, yeah, the ships just always seem to be on fire, and nothing to do about it. Feels like a holdover from the pre-IFHE days (when in all fairness, German BB's were otherwise immune to many cruisers and a bit too effective). The only other remote thing is use islands as you charge them as shields to get in close and try and destroy them before they start fires. 

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,573 posts
22,578 battles
3 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

Ok, I get that all nations have to have a gimmick to make them different from the rest. The German BB line has secondaries and [edited]-eyed dispersion. But why does it have the 3rd gimmick of having its crew swab the deck with napalm and cover the entire deck with fuel drums??

I have 2 x dmg com modules and my Captain has the Fire Prevention skill but still if a ship even aims at me with HE loaded it just explodes into flames!!

Any suggestions for trying to stop burning up so quickly? ... other than sit at the back and snipe, plz!

Good luck all and stay safe!

Their chances of burning are no more or no less than any other BB of the same tier. Running a captain that maximizes your fire and flood prevention as well as the ship upgrades and signal flags helps. If you with to go a few steps further you can also decrease the cooldown time on your DCP and heals with captain skills and signal flags.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
792 posts
5,886 battles
7 hours ago, Alabamastan said:

Their chances of burning are no more or no less than any other BB of the same tier. Running a captain that maximizes your fire and flood prevention as well as the ship upgrades and signal flags helps. If you with to go a few steps further you can also decrease the cooldown time on your DCP and heals with captain skills and signal flags.

I have all the flags, modules and Captain skills I can add unfortunately. I just always seem to be on fire more in the GK. I use my DCP and RP carefully but probably notice it more in the GK because it can tank. You cant angle for HE  which is just as well really as some of the other ships I play would be far less effective.

7 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

In the words of James T Kirk - "Pray Savik - the Klingon's don't take prisoners"

Despite what the wiki says, yeah, the ships just always seem to be on fire, and nothing to do about it. Feels like a holdover from the pre-IFHE days (when in all fairness, German BB's were otherwise immune to many cruisers and a bit too effective). The only other remote thing is use islands as you charge them as shields to get in close and try and destroy them before they start fires. 

I posted after a frustrating game . Yep, burnt to death even with good use of DCP, RP and all the flags/Captain skills. I did support my DD and 2 cruisers get the cap though, out numbered, so on the bright side kept the enemy team from shooting them.

Looking at the replay I could have disengaged but it would have left the others overwhelmed. So all in all, feel I did my bit in our eventual win.

Sign in to follow this