Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BanCVComplainers

Kremlin best DD hunter?

14 comments in this topic

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

Dont worry. WG is testing a BB with SAP AND Smoke. Soon BBs, Cruisers, and CVs will all hard counter the lowest-performing ship type.. DDs.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,040 posts
23,838 battles

If a BB is nailing your DD at 17km, a couple things.

1.  You were spotted, your Priority Target counter should have given that away.

2.  You were sailing straight and at a constant speed to let a long range BB salvo connect on you.

This gif used to insult BB players for sailing "straight and dumb" and eating torpedo attacks also applies to eating long range gunfire.

Torpedo dispersion - General Game Discussion - World of Warships ...

Those shells are in the air a very, very long time.  And if you are sailing straight and stupid, you deserve what you get.

I have deleted DDs with long range Montana salvos in the past.  Realistically I should have no chance.  Most of the time the DD player realizes he's being targeted and starts maneuvering, which throws my gamble completely off.  But sometimes, the DD player is too stupid and just keeps sailing straight on at a steady speed, making it more feasible to hit him at range.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[NH]
Members
1,765 posts
14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If a BB is nailing your DD at 17km, a couple things.

1.  You were spotted, your Priority Target counter should have given that away.

2.  You were sailing straight and at a constant speed to let a long range BB salvo connect on you.

This gif used to insult BB players for sailing "straight and dumb" and eating torpedo attacks also applies to eating long range gunfire.

Torpedo dispersion - General Game Discussion - World of Warships ...

Those shells are in the air a very, very long time.  And if you are sailing straight and stupid, you deserve what you get.

I have deleted DDs with long range Montana salvos in the past.  Realistically I should have no chance.  Most of the time the DD player realizes he's being targeted and starts maneuvering, which throws my gamble completely off.  But sometimes, the DD player is too stupid and just keeps sailing straight on at a steady speed, making it more feasible to hit him at range.

I get you are trying to be cheeky but it doesn't really address why its specifically the Kremlin that has no problems taking out DDs from range. Other BBs cant like the Kremlin does.

[LZ1]
Members
259 posts
5,723 battles

I had the Kremlin. I sold it. Its dispersion is terrible and unpredictable even at short range where it's supposed to be good. I can see a Yamato or Montana blapping a DD from range but not the Kremlin. Everyone is so afraid of the Kremlin. If you're afraid of it then you probably haven't actually used it. It's not all it's cracked up to be. Lousy accuracy, limited DCs and after that it burns to death. Plus don't ever give broadside or you're dead.

Back to your point- why Kremlins? 

• Confused 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,026 posts
11,588 battles
8 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

I get you are trying to be cheeky but it doesn't really address why its specifically the Kremlin that has no problems taking out DDs from range. Other BBs cant like the Kremlin does.

279 mm dispersion max with 9x 457's in 3 turrets that are pretty close on the ship with a 30 second 180 time (That's faster than a 406 armed GK by 10 seconds and even Republique's 431's by 6) which is lower if you take Expert Marksman, use the upgrade for another 15% off and/or to cancel out the drawback on main battery mod in slot 6 (that would get you a 30 second or less reload and still likely 2% faster rotation) - meaning you aren't turning the ship hull as much which seems to mess with aim a tad. 

Or in other words - The fact it's Russian. Even Thunderer has slower rotation, fewer guns in a less advantageous 4x2 setup which it's accuracy and reload don't quite fully make up for against a DD at range. And Thunderer doesn't have armour that matches or in places surpasses Yamato. 

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,123 posts
7,981 battles
53 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Other BBs cant like the Kremlin does.

But they can.  The Kreml has an easier time hitting shots given its muzzle velocity....and its poor long range dispersion means the shells cover a greater area increasing the odds of landing at least a few hits....but if you aim well something like a Montana or Yamato is more than capable of hitting DDs hard at range.

*It happened a while ago...but I once landed 7 shells on an angled Gorozovi 17km away with my Yamato in clan battles for instance.  

[WOLF3]
Members
27,040 posts
23,838 battles
4 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

LOL 406mm x12 HE shells from Montana, or 419mm x12 HE shells from Conqueror, I've had my time smashing DDs that were sailing carelessly at range.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,206 battles
5 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Why is it that its always the kremlin taking off half a DDs health from about 17km away when cruisers have a hard time hitting the DD?

It's not unique to the krem, all soviet BBs do it.

just remember, the soviet BBs have "bad" accuracy at range -- they say so often.  If they seem to be more accurate than other ships at similar range, it's just your imagination.  They're just brawlers and only potent up close.
/ WG-paper-ship over-compensating-for-not-having-a-navy speak

[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts
12 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

His point is very Valid. ALL ships can do it if the DD doesn't dodge. Plain and simple no magic needed.

I play DDs all the time and know this. I also play BBs and CA and know this.  I hit DDs all the time.  Try it.

DON'T SAIL IN A STRAIGHT LINE

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

If you let  Kremlin do that at range you had to be sitting still and let him fire 3 or 10 times.... Now had you said Yammy i would have said ok, but when you get detected start doing the Anti-Rickon.

DONT BE A RICKON

• Funny 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
11 hours ago, yashma said:

I once landed 7 shells on an angled Gorozovi 17km away

Reported.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,040 posts
23,838 battles
32 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

His point is very Valid. ALL ships can do it if the DD doesn't dodge. Plain and simple no magic needed.

I play DDs all the time and know this. I also play BBs and CA and know this.  I hit DDs all the time.  Try it.

DON'T SAIL IN A STRAIGHT LINE

One of a Destroyer's biggest assets for defense is agility that is instantly available.  If one isn't using it when their Priority Target counter isn't a zero, well, I don't know what to say :Smile_popcorn:

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

Mid range shooting of DDs by BBs is quite productive.  Its not just the Kremlin either.  Most BBs have a high muzzle velocity, so the shots arrive quite quickly.  A well placed shot is hard to dodge, unlike with some of the floaty cruiser shots.

Sign in to follow this