You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WGKal

Resetting a line

12 comments in this topic

[SUCIT]
Members
21 posts
8,014 battles

If there is a ship that has some modules (for example, engine module) not yet researched and I reset the line, do I still get the points on that ship?  In other words, do I need to research all the modules on a ship to be able to have research points on that ship?

[WORX]
Members
10,664 posts
18,555 battles
1 minute ago, WGKal said:

If there is a ship that has some modules (for example, engine module) not yet researched and I reset the line, do I still get the points on that ship?  In other words, do I need to research all the modules on a ship to be able to have research points on that ship?

As far as I know, yes you do... As per says the WIKI at

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

GL

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
6 minutes ago, WGKal said:

After getting the next ship I just needed a win to get the points.

I have reset 3 lines and it was the same with all of them.

[SUCIT]
Members
21 posts
8,014 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

As far as I know, yes you do... As per says the WIKI at

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

GL

I checked this link but I couldn't find any instruction about researching all of the modules on a ship. Could you point out where this is mentioned? Thanks

[SUCIT]
Members
21 posts
8,014 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

After getting the next ship I just needed a win to get the points.

I have reset 3 lines and it was the same with all of them.

Yeah, what I'm trying to understand is actually whether I will need to research all the modules on a ship to be able to earn research point on that ship.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
3 minutes ago, WGKal said:

Yeah, what I'm trying to understand is actually whether I will need to research all the modules on a ship to be able to earn research point on that ship.

I dont think so.

When I unlocked Midway I played 1 game in coop won and got the points. Never played it again.

You have to buy it but thats it

[WORX]
Members
10,664 posts
18,555 battles
3 minutes ago, WGKal said:

I checked this link but I couldn't find any instruction about researching all of the modules on a ship. Could you point out where this is mentioned? Thanks

I thought it was under "resetting the line section" but I read it wrong... Therefor its under

Qualification

Starting from Update 0.8.7, any player with five (5) unlocked tech tree Tier X ships automatically qualifies for the Research Bureau.

Immediately on qualifying, a player is awarded 10,000 Research PointsResearch Points (RP) that can be redeemed in the Armory.

In the Armory, a Research Bureau page is enabled that describes the loot for which RP can be exchanged, currently ships, Free XP, and signals.

I could have a misunderstanding between "unlocked" and "researched." 

When I test it in PTS, all we had to do was have 5 tier X ships researched....

Wiki editors,  is there a way to minimize the confusion between "unlock" and "Researched" on that wiki entry ???

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

If I understand what you are asking, no, you do not need to research anything on the ships you rebuy in order to get the RB points.  Just need to buy it and get a win.

So assumign you have the RB unlocked, all you need to do is:

- Grind a line to the T10 (skip any modules you want as long as you can get to the T10 and buy it.

- Reset it (which brings you back to 1 in most cases)

- Grind it again, and play and get a win in the T6-T10 to get the points (no module purchases required).

[SUCIT]
Members
21 posts
8,014 battles
7 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

If I understand what you are asking, no, you do not need to research anything on the ships you rebuy in order to get the RB points.  Just need to buy it and get a win.

So assumign you have the RB unlocked, all you need to do is:

- Grind a line to the T10 (skip any modules you want as long as you can get to the T10 and buy it.

- Reset it (which brings you back to 1 in most cases)

- Grind it again, and play and get a win in the T6-T10 to get the points (no module purchases required).

Thanks! That's exactly what I'm trying to understand. To use an example:

I already have a Gearing, but I haven't researched the range module on my Fletcher. When I reset the whole American DD line, I can still earn research points on my Fletcher after regrind it and get the first win, even though I didn't spend the experience to research the range module on this ship. 

Is this correct?

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
20 minutes ago, WGKal said:

Thanks! That's exactly what I'm trying to understand. To use an example:

I already have a Gearing, but I haven't researched the range module on my Fletcher. When I reset the whole American DD line, I can still earn research points on my Fletcher after regrind it and get the first win, even though I didn't spend the experience to research the range module on this ship. 

Is this correct?

Yes.  You do not have to grind every single module on every single ship in order to get the points.  You just have to get the ship (which may mean certain forced XP purchases on the previous line to enable) and get a win.  You could in their never research an "optional" module ever and continually reset and regrind a line over and over having never had researched that module.

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles

The first win in the next tier ship earns you the RB points for that ship.  Modules are not required for RB points.  Obviously you will need to follow the tech tree requirements to advance to the next tier, so you can earn the RB points for that ship.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

Interesting tip -- you need to have only researched the lines, not purchased them, in order to reset them.  However to get the RB points after the reset is done, the ship must be purchased and played 1 game.  Status of modules has zero bearing on the reset process at all.