Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Base XP missions have neutered my premium time.

9 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
10,287 posts
17,482 battles

This surge in base XP missions have effectively made one of the big reasons for purchasing premium time null. If the base XP missions persist I will quit buying premium time altogether. Premium time is meant to reduce the grind, at the expense of the player. Base XP missions negate that. I am not saying that it doesn't have other benefits but i does reduce it's value immensely. WG seems to be doing every thing they can to get me to stop spending money here. Well, they get their wish, Embargo on.

The players run Barter Town, not WG.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Fair point i didn't look at it that way...  a few of the base xp missions i don't stand a chance of accomplishing anyways...  (as new player)

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

This surge in base XP missions have effectively made one of the big reasons for purchasing premium time null. If the base XP missions persist I will quit buying premium time altogether. Premium time is meant to reduce the grind, at the expense of the player. Base XP missions negate that. I am not saying that it doesn't have other benefits but i does reduce it's value immensely. WG seems to be doing every thing they can to get me to stop spending money here. Well, they get their wish, Embargo on.

The players run Barter Town, not WG.

By "surge in BXP missions" you mean Twitch missions for European Tokens? I expect this to be of limited significance for most players. Only the more active players watch forums/twitch.

Prem times main draw is to speed up grinding. Given all the tech-trees, plenty of players have plenty of grinding to do. I doubt releasing more BXP-focused missions will reduce prem time purchases.

[PVE]
Members
552 posts
10,276 battles

Never mind, I misread.

Edited by evanr1940
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
541 posts
12,622 battles

I purchase premium time to speed up the grind for leveling up ships and making faster credits. It has never been about mission xp. I will continue to purchase premium time even if every mission was base xp. I think mission xp and premium time really have nothing to do with each other for the majority of players.

[TBW]
Members
10,287 posts
17,482 battles
21 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

By "surge in BXP missions" you mean Twitch missions for European Tokens? I expect this to be of limited significance for most players. Only the more active players watch forums/twitch.

Twitch missions, some KOTS missions, EU containers, directives and other previous missions. It will reduce my premium time purchases.

6 minutes ago, evanr1940 said:

Premium time has no effect on base xp

My point exactly, I buy premium time to shorten the grind, base xp missions make it so my spending money on premium time is less value, so why buy it if it doesn't shorten the grind.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SALVO]
Members
4,407 posts
3,814 battles

Or you can just play the game and whatever bonus you get by doing it is a nice side effect

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles
28 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Twitch missions, some KOTS missions, EU containers, directives and other previous missions. It will reduce my premium time purchases.

My point exactly, I buy premium time to shorten the grind, base xp missions make it so my spending money on premium time is less value, so why buy it if it doesn't shorten the grind.

Lolwut.

Dude, Base XP missions have zero to do with your grinds, commander xp, free xp, and credits. It literally changes nothing about what you actually do. Then, factor in all the credits, xp, free xp and commander xp missions we do get, and your premium time becomes invaluable.

Stopping your premium time over base xp missions is only going to hurt your grinds, not help them.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

Base XP only help with some of the missions and daily grinds.  You still gain additional XP and credits using modifiers to increase your earning potential.  Premium is a modifier that significantly contributes to earning, especially for credits, which are always in short supply.

Sign in to follow this