You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RockstarScotty

Clan Battles for Corona Virus Season?

19 comments in this topic

[D-DAY]
[D-DAY]
Members
20 posts
3,589 battles

Hey WOW's, we were talking this morning in our Clan and we all agreed that since everyone is spending more time at home due to the Pandemic, it would be a great time to have a special Clan Season! 

I would love to see a 5x5 or 6x6 format. This would be be a great way for us to stay connected during this crazy time!

What do you think? Let's do it!!!!!!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HOT]
Members
260 posts
6,989 battles
1 hour ago, leops_1984 said:

I'm disappointed, I thought this was going to be a nickname for the season with carriers.

wait next season has carriers?

[HOT]
Members
260 posts
6,989 battles
5 minutes ago, leops_1984 said:

Yes.

what team format?

Members
4,360 posts
11,269 battles
4 minutes ago, Skyspartan said:

what team format?

7v7 at t10, one battleship OR carrier. Oh and no free respecs after the end of the season because there will be carriers. 

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,031 battles

Yes, it includes carriers. You can have either 1 carrier or 1 BB per side.

Oh, and ranked sprint starts around the same time, 12v12, T10, with carriers.

WG just...gets it, don't they?

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,888 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

7v7 at t10, one battleship OR carrier. Oh and no free respecs after the end of the season because there will be carriers. 

If there are carriers involved in CBs, then of course there should be no free respecs, since the entire reason for those free respecs in the first place was because there were no CVs in CBs from the very first season of CBs until now.  Besides, there was a free respec not that long ago at the end of the last CBs season.

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,888 battles
3 hours ago, RockstarScotty said:

Hey WOW's, we were talking this morning in our Clan and we all agreed that since everyone is spending more time at home due to the Pandemic, it would be a great time to have a special Clan Season! 

I would love to see a 5x5 or 6x6 format. This would be a great way for us to stay connected during this crazy time!

5v5 and 6v6 are just too damned small.  The best version of CBs was back in January when they ran a one night 12v12 clan brawl.  That was outstanding!!!  And it didn't matter hardly at all that 1 CV per team was allowed because each team's CV was just one of 12 ships per team.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
809 posts
9,692 battles
29 minutes ago, Crucis said:

If there are carriers involved in CBs, then of course there should be no free respecs, since the entire reason for those free respecs in the first place was because there were no CVs in CBs from the very first season of CBs until now.  Besides, there was a free respec not that long ago at the end of the last CBs season.

Well I personally like the free re-spec regardless as there are different builds for competitive modes. Sad face

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,888 battles
6 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Well I personally like the free re-spec regardless as there are different builds for competitive modes. Sad face

Doesn't matter.  That's NOT why free respecs were provided in the first place.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
809 posts
9,692 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

Doesn't matter.  That's NOT why free respecs were provided in the first place.

Fair point. So after last clan battle season ended if you didn’t respec back into some kind of aa build and then it’s announced that the next season will have cv in it it still seems like a re-spec should be offered. If WG is going to switch back and forth for when cv is allowed and when it isn’t in clan battles then re-specs should be offered so people can adjust

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,888 battles
7 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Fair point. So after last clan battle season ended if you didn’t respec back into some kind of aa build and then it’s announced that the next season will have cv in it it still seems like a re-spec should be offered. If WG is going to switch back and forth for when cv is allowed and when it isn’t in clan battles then re-specs should be offered so people can adjust

Why?  There's no guarantee that every team will have a CV.  If you didn't respect into some sort of AA-ish build with the last free respect when you knows that there's a chance you could face CVs in randoms, why should they give you a free respect now?  The logic of this completely evades me.  All I see is just another excuse to get a free respec out of WG, this time without good cause.

[-VT-]
Members
781 posts
9,244 battles

If you are talking about comps, if its a CV it will be a Hakuryu for it's high alpha, mostly some super cruisers like Stalingrad with good AA, and 1-2 daka daka boats would be my guess for next season, or a BB that has great AA with some balance of high AA cruisers or Pan-euro/USN DDs. (just guessing at this point, don't skewer me too much)

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
809 posts
9,692 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Why?  There's no guarantee that every team will have a CV.  If you didn't respect into some sort of AA-ish build with the last free respect when you knows that there's a chance you could face CVs in randoms, why should they give you a free respect now?  The logic of this completely evades me.  All I see is just another excuse to get a free respec out of WG, this time without good cause.

I don’t see enough carriers in random for a full aa build on many boats. So why would I do that? The likelihood of seeing a cv in clan battle seems significantly higher so I would reconsider. All I’m saying is if they are going to switch when a cv is in and when it’s out and then announce those things after the last season they should allow a re-spec. If they are going to let cv in all the time then I agree, no reason to re-spec 

[HOT]
Members
260 posts
6,989 battles
On 3/28/2020 at 1:22 PM, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

laughs in wooster DFAA and fighter planes

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles

Doesn't matter if there's a free respec or not for the next season of clan battles: my clan will not be participating, due to the presence of carriers.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
On 3/28/2020 at 10:39 AM, RockstarScotty said:

I would love to see a 5x5 or 6x6 format. This would be be a great way for us to stay connected during this crazy time!

5X5 would be more like it … no way most clans can put together 7x7 with everything that's going on:

People working from home and/or trying to figure out how to make money to pay the bills

People looking after family and home schooling, making meals and looking after kids 

People worried about their health or looking after a relative all make video games a low priority

How about making the game less stressful and less time intensive for real people

Reduce mission requirements and get rid of the nonsense events and token system 

Stop overcharging for pixels and let people off your ridiculous treadmills  

Fix the lousy MM, get rid of carriers and stop nerfing what we have

Oh, wait a minute - I forgot this is WG we're talking about … 

Nvm 

Edited by Commander_367