Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

Premium Shop Thoughts...

4 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Ok... i have been lurking on and off in WoWs for long time though not many games played.  Just curious at the differences I notice between WoT and WoWs in relation to items offered in the premium shop here vs there.. 

i like that there are alternatives to paying cash for ships, especially the coal option.  Though just like WoT some ships are reserved for the better players...  or at least the most advanced/committed players (steel)  In WoT some of these vehicles are OP, and alot of outcry that if the op tanks can only be earned via ranked or clan battles, they should only be allowed to use them there... and even then that creates balance issues in ranked/clan battles as only the better clans/players have them.  And of course alot of howling about these vehicles stomping in randoms...

In WoT there are always Bundles on sale with varying prices for a vehicle with lots of other items included as incentive to buy, such as permanent styles, gold, prem time, camo's crew etc, I don't see that in WoWs, yes there was the freidland bundle recently and the stackup bundles while they are similar, obviously WoWs doesn't take it to the same level as WoT.   Now I recently bought a few ships from WoWs shop, I probably would have spent more if the ships had been included in bundles offering abit more value.

I don't see the point to the crates and collections (gambling imo) do people spend alotta cash on these?  I see crates in the shop that I am guessing have been there for years just so people can complete some old collections.

Along with more bundles .. would be cool to see more unique commanders especially with varying bonuses, i don't think skill bonuses should be national like it appears they are now... (looking at the GER commanders currently in the shop.. 

And Permanent camo... i notice many ships do not have the option. More is always better...

One big plus for WoWs over WoT are the silly reserves they have other there that give you bonuses to exp credits etc...  over there they are timed and run whether you are logged in or not, much better over here with the flags so you can choose when to run them or not.. but there are too many flags... too many temp camos...  (imo)

Just me rambling I guess.  Overall I think that WoWs has maybe too much 'stuff' that could be tuned a little better, reducing and combining flags and camos perhaps, and crates?? i dunno...  tossing in more bundles and commanders...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CK5]
Members
1,368 posts
14,286 battles

^ You have included many of my own opinions.  I agree with you. 

[WOLFO]
Members
537 posts
4,168 battles

Collection containers contain parts of collections that reward you with unique camo's, skippers, ship rentals, ships, etc...

Same for completing the Campaigns. As is for the Operations. All rewarded typically, in some fashion.

Coal can used in the Armory for various game items.

Camo's appear 'In Port' along with it's relative vessel. For example USN Pensacola has a Robo Camo, that can be purchased in port, under the exteriors tab. It does not appear in the Premium shop, nor the armory.

Hope that helps some.

I don't usually spend money for ships specifically. So, someone else may be better suited to answer that part. And I have never played tanks.

But by the way is it true you can buy 'gold' ammo in that game? That is the silliest thing I have ever heard of.

Edited by iamSamoth

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
22 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

I don't usually spend money for ships specifically. So, someone else may be better suited to answer that part. And I have never played tanks.

But by the way is it true you can buy 'gold' ammo in that game? That is the silliest thing I have ever heard of.

Nope, once upon a time that was true then they changed it to use ingame currency, and it has caused balance issues since beta..  a silly idea from the start...

Sign in to follow this